Yz polisport restyle vs oem difference?

im sure this topic is covered somewhere but i can't seem to find anything on here, just curious what's the difference between the polisport restyle kit and oem plastics? I know the air box is different but can i buy an oem 15+ rear fender or side plates and bolt them right up to the polisport air box on my 2007 yz125? I can't find the polisport pieces separately anywhere so just wondering if i can just replace them with oem plastics or does anyone know what pieces are all different compared to the 15+ oem plastics on the polisport kit? Any help is greatly appreciated!
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/15/2019 5:00pm
Everything should fit together just fine. Only real difference is that the front fender in the OEM kit will need holes drilled for 02-14 yz's. Polisport front fender will bolt right up.
cwtoyota
4/15/2019 5:13pm
I have a polisport kit sitting here on the shop floor for a bike I'm building.
If you want close up photos of anything let me know.

I believe the OEM new style stuff and the Polisport stuff to be 100% compatible.

I do not have a new style OEM kit to compare to though. My bikes are 2011 and 2010 models.

Something I'll say about the restyle kits in general is that I prefer the UFO rear fender and side plates with the old-school airbox. The new style OEM fender is a tailbone buster and the new airbox looks bad fairly fast from boot-wear unless you put some graphics on it pre-ride. The UFO radiator shrouds don't look good to me at all.

FortyHat
4/15/2019 8:54pm
It's compatible. The molding on the front fender is a little odd with the Polisport compared to OEM but everything fits together on the back end.

Not true for the older UFO restyle kit that came out before the 2015+ OEM restyle, but that's different.

Post a reply to: Yz polisport restyle vs oem difference?

The Latest