Your top proudest race moments

level
4/19/2018 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 9:53am
Other thread got me thinking about this.

Keep in mind I was never a expert. I was a c rider or b rider at best when top of my game.

I was sixteen and was on a cr125. This was 20 so years ago. I was racing the c class which at a local race is ton of guys. Usually 20 people. My family and all my friends were there and me and this other guy were going at it and I ended up winning first place. One of the best feelings I ever had. None of my friends or girlfriend were actually watching they were goofing off but my mom and dad were and gave my mom a big hug after. Was such a great feeling to be first.

The second one was I was 32 or so and got back into racing. I had a crf250 and was racing over 30 class but was not enough competition so I decided to race the c class with all the young guns. 20 plus riders and I got like 4th. I was nailing this huge tabletop each time and just felt good. I was flying it felt like. Even though didn’t win it felt good to place that high for only being back racing for a few years and against the younger kids. I was 200 pounds also 6 feet tall on a crf250. Loved that damn bike.
|
Jarrod458
4/19/2018 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 3:44pm
Getting passed by Stewart on a kx125 at gator back! Hahahaha He was in schoolboy I think. One of his first times racing the 125. He went by me and I tried to hang for a few turns but it didn't happen. He was gone!
4/19/2018 3:51pm
my starts are gawd awful at best, at the 2 stroke nats I came out of the first turn in 4th out of 20 instead of last. that was pretty sweet. haha. and also racing my smoker against 16-18 yr olds on 450s and getting top 5 at local races feels good for being a 35yr old.
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
4/19/2018 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 4:18pm
2014 Vet A class I was 38 at the time. 2 races left in the Big Sky MX series championship. 100 degree day at one of my favorite tracks, felt good all day, my 14 YZ450 was dialed in, track was good considering the heat, and the warm temps don't bother me at all. I had a slim points lead over one of my good friends who is always a front runner. I got a terrible start in the 1st moto but clawed my way to 3rd in which he won it. I was pretty dejected knowing even if I won moto 2 I would more than likely lose more points on the day as he would be 2nd. I figured I would just ride and enjoy the day, no pressure. I got a decent start around 5th, made my way right to 2nd, hounded the leader for a few laps (which wasn't my buddy surprisingly), passed him right at the midway point, and just checked out. My buddy ended up 3rd in that moto so we just swapped points but I got the overall. I was stoked on the win as the last race was going to be at my home track. I knew all I had to do was stay out of trouble both motos the which I did to win the title. First guy to congratulate me on the season was my buddy. We race hard, but we always race clean. Good year that season to say the least. Been struggling with some nagging injuries the last few years and haven't gotten back to my speed again. Maybe this summer as I finally get back to healthy again.
plowboy
4/19/2018 4:28pm
1975 I won the first race I ever entered. It's not as glorious as it sounds. A track opened in Hughes Springs, Texas not far from where I lived near Pittsburg. It was a track....and a race...in name only. The owners obviously knew one thing about motocross...there was money to be made. No classes what so ever. Every entrant lined up side by side and everyone took off at the same time. I beat 100 or so other guys to the first turn on my stripped down, hopped up KS125 Kawi. Again, not that impressive when most of the other bikes were street legal and ridden to the track (not all of them were ridden home though). It is really comical now that I look back at the innocence/ignorance but on that day I figured it was just a matter of time til I got that factory ride and was sitting in the pits drinking beer with Roger.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
4/19/2018 4:44pm
In 2001 I raced the World Mini GP in the 30+ Non-Pro class. It was like +30B basically, except there were C and D riders in it as well. It made for an interesting mix. There were probably 30 guys of all levels in that race.
Anyway, I had finished 4th in the first moto and was hoping for a podium. I got a bad start and started to panic... slashing through the slower guys to get up to where my competition was. I was on a 125 so it was tough going against the 426Fs and 250s. Just as I commited to a small double, I saw there was an enormous pileup at the entrance to the whoops ahead. I landed already on the brakes and I think the lightness and agility of the little bike saved me. I managed to squeeze past several dudes as they were crashing too, and I came out in 3rd. I had noticed the guy who won moto 1 was trying to kickstart his bike from the crash.
I made my way to the front, passing the guy I had been battling with in moto 1 in the process. Won the moto in front of my fiancee and her friends! How awesome that feeling was.
One guy went 2-2 so I didn't take the overall, but apart from that it was a great day.
agn5009
4/19/2018 4:47pm
When I was 14 I went to a new track for the first time. It was a "big trophy race." There was a kid there tat raced schoolboy and 125A. He was basically undefeated at this track and he was the fast popular guy at this track. I showed up and raced against him and we had the greatest battle of our lives. He won the first Moto after countless passes on each other. The second Moto was even better as I ended up passing him in the last turn. It was awesome. I never met the kid before and he was just as psyched as me even though he didn't win. It was amazing.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
763rd
4/19/2018 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 5:00pm
Big Wheel Rally race.. That's right, my first race was on a big wheel when our local city "Lakewood, CO" had a big business block parties. The race started uphill on an asphalt parking lot. I was the only one with duct tape on the front wheel to cover up all the holes I wore into it, but turns out it provided traction. I grabbed the holeshot and WON the race on my Night Rider Trans Am themed big wheel! I won a $50 saving bond from a local bank sponsor. I was able to cash it out when I turned 16.

Meister
4/19/2018 6:03pm
Jarrod458 wrote:
Getting passed by Stewart on a kx125 at gator back! Hahahaha He was in schoolboy I think. One of his first times racing the 125. He...
Getting passed by Stewart on a kx125 at gator back! Hahahaha He was in schoolboy I think. One of his first times racing the 125. He went by me and I tried to hang for a few turns but it didn't happen. He was gone!
I don't think it's my greatest, but have had a similar situation with js.. echoconee (sp) in GA. Practice. I was riding 250a in 2001 on my brand new to the world yz250f. 4th wide middle line in a sweeper. I hear a buzz n it's js on a pro circuit 1000 (100). Railed past me on tbe outside. He had to of been completely tapped. I hung for close to a lap then he was gone. Lol

Jumping loraccos leap was cool.

8th at Loretta's was sweet (with a 2nd in moto 1).

Racing at the us open in the MGM was sweet.

Always liked doing cheesy intermission freestyle shows with Adam Jones before he went on to be who he is today. (Broke mentioned yz250f nearly in half once at switchback in pa lol).

Spergen
4/19/2018 6:20pm
Beating Graham Jarvis in a 3hr enduro race last year......well we both started together, he crashed out and dnf Laughing
Firefly47
4/19/2018 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 6:59pm
Damn near winning 125 Modified Intermediate at Ponca City back in the early 90's. Not bad considering it was on my stock bike with just a PC pipe and silencer. I believe Reynard and Decker beat me that last moto.
It was stupid hot, too. I'll never forget. I jumped one of the jumps out of the corner in the back and specifically remember seeing a copperhead crossing the track below me. It was like slow motion. Weird.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
4/19/2018 7:27pm
Back at a LLQ, Malcom was there and it was my first time racing against him. Got to talk with big James before the race and when I came off the track ahead of stewart, big james gave me a fuck yeah sorta motion with a high 5 and I was stoked about it for a month. Raced against him again a year or so later at another qualifier, he smoked me and the year after that I got a real job. After watching him and his brother ride together at their home track, I am surprised we have not seen more success from MS, corner speed can be flat out crazy.
Rickyisms
4/19/2018 7:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2020 9:53am
I started actually riding again 2 years ago on a 2003 XR250 on trails in my backyard, after around a year of that I told my dad I wanted to race again (He had raced Lorettas a couple times and was one of the fast local guys in Ohio), We bought a 2006 CR125. I rode the bike once on an MX track and was very out of shape after not racing MX since I was on an 85 and then we went to my first hare scramble, I raced Junior which is 13-17. I went into it confident and had a dead last start and just rode my own pace on a bike i was completely unfamiliar with and a race experience I had no clue on.

I got my ass whooped the first couple of harescrables I ever did! Midway through the season we started practicing more and I started working on my endurance again. The next race was in North Florida which is a little more tacky and hardpack compared to the sand we had in South Florida. I had another dead last start and just rode my own pace (Found out i was good in the mud). It had rained all day for the past three days at this property. I picked anyone off i could and wound up with a second out of 12 and only 13 seconds off the leader! After that race i strung 3 more seconds in a row, a 3rd, a DNF when my ole CR grenaded itself, and we had a 3 week long break because of the weather issues before the last race of the season. A friend from the races texted me and told me i could win the championship and i didn't even believe him until we calculated the points.

Going into the last race I had 1 point over 2nd place. I was super nervous and could barely stand on the line about to run to my bike, I wound up pulling a holeshot and a huge lead and in the last 1/4 of a mile of the first lap I crossrutted and hit the ground pretty hard, As i was picking my bike up the kid who was second in points behind me skirted right by, I got up and I was just pissed, I wound up getting on his tail and i felt like i could do no wrong, I could hit any bump how i wanted or rail any corner I saw, On the last lap we went into a long whooped out sand section and he started swapping in front of me so i moved to the edge of the trail and held that slow
old CR wiiide open past this brand new KTM, I wound up beating him by a little over a minute. Winning the championship was sweet, making a speech on the top step of the podium at the banquet was pretty cool, but i'll never forget of pulling out of scoring and seeing my dad with tears in his eyes and arms out ready for a huge hug, It's shit like that that will always have a permanent impact on me.

I hadn't done any type of racing since I was 12 or 13, My parents got divorced during that time, my dad lost everything and worked his ass off all over to have his nice stuff again. I didn't have the nicest or newest bike, I didn't have cool custom graphics, Not the nicest helmet or boots, Not the freshest tires, not the most popularity at the races, but that whole season I did realize I have the coolest and most supportive dad I could ever ask for, dealing with all my other problems I have in life and paying for my race fees and parts and fuel, He never doubted me one bit.
ktmdan
4/19/2018 8:05pm
There was a xc race where I kept blowing a certain turn in practice. During the race, I caught up to my main competitor soon after said turn. I decided I would follow for the whole lap (~20 minutes) and pressure him right before that corner to see if I could get him to overshoot it. It ended up working and I felt like a genius. I ended up fading at the end of the race BIG TIME because it was my first race alone, without my dad, and I had forgotten to eat breakfast that morning. Breakfast is important in a 2 hour race...
Motoxdoc
4/19/2018 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 8:40pm
My very 1st pro race in 1981 at OCIR (a long gone local So Cal night track).....I was 16 and not too sure if I should enter the 250 pro class; since I was dominating the intermediate class for a while leading up to that night, I went for it! The 1st moto I crashed in the 1st turn and brought it home in last.....maybe only 12-15 entries. I was so bummed. I felt good and knew that wasn't a true reflection of my abilities....but with a 1st pro moto finish like that, it was hard not to second guess moving up that night. That all changed about 2 hours later. The second moto I grabbed the holeshot and never looked back! The very 1st pro race of my life and I won the 2nd moto....kind of like Eli's debut.Dry
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/19/2018 8:49pm
Holeshot in the first moto of the '99 NSW junior state titles in the 15yr 125 class, only fading back to sixth, and holding up Jay Marmont long enough for our local guy (HRA rider) to win the moto. He would go on to win the title and I like to think I helpedLaughing

Too many to list.
TG130
4/19/2018 9:40pm
Rickyisms wrote:
I started actually riding again 2 years ago on a 2003 XR250 on trails in my backyard, after around a year of that I told my...
I started actually riding again 2 years ago on a 2003 XR250 on trails in my backyard, after around a year of that I told my dad I wanted to race again (He had raced Lorettas a couple times and was one of the fast local guys in Ohio), We bought a 2006 CR125. I rode the bike once on an MX track and was very out of shape after not racing MX since I was on an 85 and then we went to my first hare scramble, I raced Junior which is 13-17. I went into it confident and had a dead last start and just rode my own pace on a bike i was completely unfamiliar with and a race experience I had no clue on.

I got my ass whooped the first couple of harescrables I ever did! Midway through the season we started practicing more and I started working on my endurance again. The next race was in North Florida which is a little more tacky and hardpack compared to the sand we had in South Florida. I had another dead last start and just rode my own pace (Found out i was good in the mud). It had rained all day for the past three days at this property. I picked anyone off i could and wound up with a second out of 12 and only 13 seconds off the leader! After that race i strung 3 more seconds in a row, a 3rd, a DNF when my ole CR grenaded itself, and we had a 3 week long break because of the weather issues before the last race of the season. A friend from the races texted me and told me i could win the championship and i didn't even believe him until we calculated the points.

Going into the last race I had 1 point over 2nd place. I was super nervous and could barely stand on the line about to run to my bike, I wound up pulling a holeshot and a huge lead and in the last 1/4 of a mile of the first lap I crossrutted and hit the ground pretty hard, As i was picking my bike up the kid who was second in points behind me skirted right by, I got up and I was just pissed, I wound up getting on his tail and i felt like i could do no wrong, I could hit any bump how i wanted or rail any corner I saw, On the last lap we went into a long whooped out sand section and he started swapping in front of me so i moved to the edge of the trail and held that slow
old CR wiiide open past this brand new KTM, I wound up beating him by a little over a minute. Winning the championship was sweet, making a speech on the top step of the podium at the banquet was pretty cool, but i'll never forget of pulling out of scoring and seeing my dad with tears in his eyes and arms out ready for a huge hug, It's shit like that that will always have a permanent impact on me.

I hadn't done any type of racing since I was 12 or 13, My parents got divorced during that time, my dad lost everything and worked his ass off all over to have his nice stuff again. I didn't have the nicest or newest bike, I didn't have cool custom graphics, Not the nicest helmet or boots, Not the freshest tires, not the most popularity at the races, but that whole season I did realize I have the coolest and most supportive dad I could ever ask for, dealing with all my other problems I have in life and paying for my race fees and parts and fuel, He never doubted me one bit.
Great story, love it !

Congrats to you.
SoCalMX70
4/19/2018 10:09pm
I'd say my most memorable were GP races at LACR in the early 2000s. Nothing really beats those teenage years on a 125, going 6th gear pinned down the road next to the drag strip (how they connected the tracks back then).

Proudest? Probably the 2001 Dunestown GP on my RM125.. There had to be 30+ 125s on the line, maybe more. Dead engine start... I kicked it over in first gear with clutch in, dropped the clutch and holeshotted. Finished 4th. I've never been fast and LACR was always packed and intimidating, so I was really stoked on that 4th!
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
4/19/2018 10:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 10:20pm
Finishing 2nd at the Ponca City Qualifier at Perris while battling with some Rockstar Suzuki backed riders in 85 (12-13), and I won the Mini 4-Stroke 150 class that day as well. To this day I joke with some friends about how I jumped a big 110 foot table in the back on my 85 and they were all too scared to do it. Unbelievable one of them qualified for a 450 main event this year.

or

Coming from a last place start at Mammoth in the 85 (12-13) LCQ to 2nd, only to have my motor blow up going up the big up hill on the final lap right behind the leader. I ended up not racing the main event that was literally the next moto because I was so drained. Looking back, I should have raced the main event. I was exhausted, but the list of names in that race was something special. I can't find results anywhere but every single rider in the main went on to become a pro rider and qualify for main events. I wish I could go back in time and race and see where I ended up (I qualified for the Supermini main).

aeffertz
4/19/2018 10:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2018 10:26pm
Some moments that really made me proud even though some weren't my best results.

-getting my first trophy. I think got like 9th and they gave out top 10 trophies in the 65 class.

-qualifying for the BooKoo Arenacross in the 85 class

-qualifying for Lorettas in the 85 Sr class.

-winning the 85cc regional points championship my last year in the class, after I lost it the previous year due to snapping my femur at the final race. All I had to do was finish the race to get points to clinch the title. Ended up with 2nd that year. The redemption was great.

-moving up from 85 to the 125/250 B class and beating my older brother for the first time. He was pissed!

-jumping the national sized Chadapult and uphill triple after it on my stock 125.

- clinching the 125/250b regional points championship

-and lastly seeing my brother back riding after breaking his back at Millville 2 years prior.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
4/19/2018 10:28pm
One of my less proudest moments was making a bet with the fast local kids sister that if I beat my brother in my first 250 B moto that I'd get a kiss. Of course my brother and I battled the entire race (with me in front) and there was a roller section leading up to the finish line and he got a run on me and passed me and we both hit the finish line wide open and both of us landed about 30 feet to flat. He beat me, I didn't get to kiss the hot sister, not very proud of that choke Grinning Credit where credit is due though I don't think my brother has ever hit a corner faster than that night! LaughingLaughingLaughing
Rickyisms
4/20/2018 3:51am
Rickyisms wrote:
I started actually riding again 2 years ago on a 2003 XR250 on trails in my backyard, after around a year of that I told my...

TG130 wrote:
Great story, love it !

Congrats to you.
Thank you!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/20/2018 4:08am
Rickyisms wrote:
Thank you!
Love the profile pic, the screen name, and that story.Cool And a 2 smoke to boot!
TJMX947
4/20/2018 5:11am
Raced 250C (back when the 250 two stroke was the standard - think 450Ctoday) on my 250F. Out of 14 guys I got a great jump but everyone blew by me into the first turn. Me and a guy on a 125 went on a tear just passing people. I worked my way up to 5th, I could see 4th and 3rd a few bikes in front of me. The kid on the 125 won the moto. I came off the track and my buddy who was flagging said "dude, you rode your ass off!!" I was proud because I didn't even keep up with laps or with where I was at. I just went as fast as I could and when I got the checkers I was mad that I didn't have more laps.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
4/20/2018 5:27am
Rickyisms wrote:

Awesome story man! Thanks for sharing that.

The supportive dad part is something a lot of guys fail to appreciate. I love my dad a lot, has taught me a ton, but he stopped the MX support when I was 14. I'll never forget it because my buddies left for the weekend for the races and I was unable to go. I'm sure in his mind it was a smart decision. Said he couldn't see me get hurt anymore. At the time I was really devastated. Really bummed because I was at the age to move up to the 125 from my 80.

I remember being to tall for my 80, just riding at a practice turn track down the street. I got so pissed I rode the dog shit out that bike that day and blew it up... But with a blown up bike, no support, what does a kid do? I got a job. I worked hard, saved, saved and saved. After a year, I had a grip of cash together to get my 125. I ended up buying a used team green raced to death but well maintained 125 (1994 KX125), was so stoked. I'll never forget holding all that money, looking at it and remembering how much hard work it took to get it. I actually questioned spending it on something I grew to love so much, motocross.

I got that 125 and raced again. 1-1 It was very rewarding because I did it on my own. It shaped my character as a young man.

Being in my 20's money got tight, riding areas closed. At the time I had a 250 I sold to pay bills. Fast forward to 5 years ago I was in the woods shooting my bow at a public park. A buddy doing construction work at the park saw me and let me know about a bike his friend was selling. I don't know what it was, the spark lit again. It had been so long since I rode, never even crossed my mind to get another bike. I questioned myself so many times was it a smart move? I'm to old right?

I bought the 06 YZ 450. I remember sitting in the garage looking at the old bike at 34 years old feeling like a kid again. So happy to just turn some laps and wrench on the thing! After knocking off a ton of dust, my technique came back but I had missed the 4 stroke boom in my 20s. Had some struggles at the time I didn't realize was me trying to ride the thumper like a smoker which leads me into my race story to add to this thread.

Later ended up building a KTM 300sx and was extremely pleased with. After 17 year race break I lined back up. I put my best foot forward, training, diet, etc.. etc.. My wife and a ton of friends was there. Looked at that gate and that anxiety was back. I quickly got a hold of myself by saying this and its what I tell everyone thats nervous before a race... "That gate is only hold you back from riding your motorcycle".

I rode my ass off for 4 motos. 1-1-1-1 Had a buddy on the pit board, friends in the pits with air horns, cheers every lap. So surreal, man it was awesome. A day I'll never forget. I thanked my Dad for telling me no years ago, I'm glad he did, maybe he knew something I didn't or maybe he was tired of his squid son getting 2nd all the time or in the emergency room LOL Laughing
Rickyisms
4/20/2018 5:36am
Rickyisms wrote:

Markee wrote:
Awesome story man! Thanks for sharing that. The supportive dad part is something a lot of guys fail to appreciate. I love my dad a lot...
Awesome story man! Thanks for sharing that.

The supportive dad part is something a lot of guys fail to appreciate. I love my dad a lot, has taught me a ton, but he stopped the MX support when I was 14. I'll never forget it because my buddies left for the weekend for the races and I was unable to go. I'm sure in his mind it was a smart decision. Said he couldn't see me get hurt anymore. At the time I was really devastated. Really bummed because I was at the age to move up to the 125 from my 80.

I remember being to tall for my 80, just riding at a practice turn track down the street. I got so pissed I rode the dog shit out that bike that day and blew it up... But with a blown up bike, no support, what does a kid do? I got a job. I worked hard, saved, saved and saved. After a year, I had a grip of cash together to get my 125. I ended up buying a used team green raced to death but well maintained 125 (1994 KX125), was so stoked. I'll never forget holding all that money, looking at it and remembering how much hard work it took to get it. I actually questioned spending it on something I grew to love so much, motocross.

I got that 125 and raced again. 1-1 It was very rewarding because I did it on my own. It shaped my character as a young man.

Being in my 20's money got tight, riding areas closed. At the time I had a 250 I sold to pay bills. Fast forward to 5 years ago I was in the woods shooting my bow at a public park. A buddy doing construction work at the park saw me and let me know about a bike his friend was selling. I don't know what it was, the spark lit again. It had been so long since I rode, never even crossed my mind to get another bike. I questioned myself so many times was it a smart move? I'm to old right?

I bought the 06 YZ 450. I remember sitting in the garage looking at the old bike at 34 years old feeling like a kid again. So happy to just turn some laps and wrench on the thing! After knocking off a ton of dust, my technique came back but I had missed the 4 stroke boom in my 20s. Had some struggles at the time I didn't realize was me trying to ride the thumper like a smoker which leads me into my race story to add to this thread.

Later ended up building a KTM 300sx and was extremely pleased with. After 17 year race break I lined back up. I put my best foot forward, training, diet, etc.. etc.. My wife and a ton of friends was there. Looked at that gate and that anxiety was back. I quickly got a hold of myself by saying this and its what I tell everyone thats nervous before a race... "That gate is only hold you back from riding your motorcycle".

I rode my ass off for 4 motos. 1-1-1-1 Had a buddy on the pit board, friends in the pits with air horns, cheers every lap. So surreal, man it was awesome. A day I'll never forget. I thanked my Dad for telling me no years ago, I'm glad he did, maybe he knew something I didn't or maybe he was tired of his squid son getting 2nd all the time or in the emergency room LOL Laughing
Thanks man, cool to see you get back into it as well.

I work a job right now, I don't make as much as my friends, I'm still paying back my dad for when he helped me buy my first truck, I pay my insurance as well. Any money I can scrounge up to pay for some parts to keep on the shelf for when I need them I do, I buy second hand jerseys and pants, And just dropped my practice bike frame off to get re powder coated yesterday.

After racing hare scrambles last season we decided to move to MX and right now I race 250c, we knew that my old CR was way too short on power so we wound up buying a top amateurs kid mod 2016 KTM 125 with an extra 150 cylinder, and we got a deal on another 2016 KTM 125, from the same kid we bought my old Honda from, racing has brought me and my dad to whole new level of a father and son relationship.
rangot
4/20/2018 5:50am
Had a few. I won a moto in French Junior championship in the mud, only to have it cancelled because of scoring problems. Had a very good 4th place in a French SX main event (beating DV and a few other big names!)

My best race was at Bellpuig, Spain, for my first 125 european champion in 1993 i think. I really didn't know if i'll be able to qualify, and ended up second of my group! Then, almost holeshoted the first moto (i was terrible at start...), fighted the whole moto with Camerlengo, Federici, Seguy and Jorgensen to finish 4th. I was pumped. 7th in second moto was OK, and then i landed on some swedish guy in the last one after a bad start. Everything was clicking that day, track was perfect ! A young DV was also in this race.
motomike137
4/20/2018 8:12am
In my long on again off again amateur career it has to be finally rolling into "the ranch" the one and only time I made it. It was easily the highlight of my feeble little moto history Wink
TXDirt
4/20/2018 8:33am
As a racer you tend to remember a lot of the "what if" moments.

But a few of my proudest moments indvidually would be:

- My first trophy when I was 8 years old.
- Selected to Team Green when I was 11 or 12
- 2nd place 250b at Mammoth Mtn.
- 1st place 250b at Ponca
- 1st place 250 pro Ponca
- 3rd place minis at Loretta's
- Selected to Kawasaki Race of Champions at the World Mini Grand Prix in Las Vegas
- Qualifying for my first AMA National at Broome Tioga

There are ton of great moments and some not so great moments sprinkled in between all of those things.

A lot of great memories. Heading to California to race CMC races in the winter time or Texas for great off season racing. Mini O's in Florida. Mammoth Mountain, Lake Whitney. Loretta Lynn's, Ponca City, etc etc etc. And all of the race tracks, practice tracks in between.

Getting old sucks because I have already forgotten more then I can remember.

One thing I've always noticed is that a lot of my memories center on the travel to the events. The break downs, the camping, the working on bikes with my dad, hanging out with the family, doing the tree jump at Lorettas. I can remember more of that then most of the actual racing.

The racing is what kept our family close. And it's those memories that have survived a lot longer then any specific race or trophy I received.
228YZ
4/20/2018 5:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/20/2018 5:38pm
My first trophy (a plaque actually) for sure. I had been racing an 85 CR 250 for about two years, finishing mid pack in the C class. I got an 89YZ 125 and went to the Gulf Coast Motocross Championships and raced the 125 C class. I holeshot the fist moto and faded back to 5th, I believe I got 4th in the second moto for a 5th overall.

Second would be my C class Supercross championship at a local track in 94. I broke my collar bone, but was still able to pull it off. Me back in 94

bowser977
4/20/2018 6:43pm
TXDirt wrote:
As a racer you tend to remember a lot of the "what if" moments. But a few of my proudest moments indvidually would be: - My...
As a racer you tend to remember a lot of the "what if" moments.

But a few of my proudest moments indvidually would be:

- My first trophy when I was 8 years old.
- Selected to Team Green when I was 11 or 12
- 2nd place 250b at Mammoth Mtn.
- 1st place 250b at Ponca
- 1st place 250 pro Ponca
- 3rd place minis at Loretta's
- Selected to Kawasaki Race of Champions at the World Mini Grand Prix in Las Vegas
- Qualifying for my first AMA National at Broome Tioga

There are ton of great moments and some not so great moments sprinkled in between all of those things.

A lot of great memories. Heading to California to race CMC races in the winter time or Texas for great off season racing. Mini O's in Florida. Mammoth Mountain, Lake Whitney. Loretta Lynn's, Ponca City, etc etc etc. And all of the race tracks, practice tracks in between.

Getting old sucks because I have already forgotten more then I can remember.

One thing I've always noticed is that a lot of my memories center on the travel to the events. The break downs, the camping, the working on bikes with my dad, hanging out with the family, doing the tree jump at Lorettas. I can remember more of that then most of the actual racing.

The racing is what kept our family close. And it's those memories that have survived a lot longer then any specific race or trophy I received.
Not a bad resume!

Post a reply to: Your top proudest race moments

The Latest