Your "off" days

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2018 5:54 PM

Everyone has them, you pack all your stuff up, head to the track, pay the money and just BLEH! Your off you game,not feeling right what ever the case is its not your day. My question is what do you guys do?

|

6/6/2018 5:58 PM

I remember a bad day on the bike is better than most days off of it. Remind myself it’s all mental and start working on the mental side of the sport.

Those days suck even worse on race days though...getting beat by guys you usually smoke. It’s hard on the ego.

I’m a very hot and cold kind of rider...when I feel good on the bike I’m significantly-and noticeably-faster than when I don’t.

If anyone figures out a mid-day/mid-Moto fix to the “off day” I’m all ears.

|

6/6/2018 6:08 PM

Maybe not what you mean but you first sentence reminded me of a really OFF day for me.

I travelled 6 hours to a race (back then I had an RV with a bike garage where I would just put the bike, everything else went elsewhere). Arrived at the track, walked it, signed up, paid, etc.
Went back to the car to unload the bike. Garage was empty.
Nope, not stolen. Forgot the bike at home... pinch

At least they gave me back my money blush

|

6/6/2018 6:09 PM

I just force myself to pound laps and try to find my flow. Usually I can break through by my last Moto. The worst days are where I keep pulling off and running partial motos. If I stay on the bike and just force myself to ride though it or focus on perfecting a section I feel much better

|

6/6/2018 6:13 PM

If you aren't feeling it, just hit a turn of jump until you start to feel comfortable. I don't recommend just "pounding laps" if you aren't feeling it, unless you want to get hurt.

|

6/6/2018 6:16 PM

I think about how much id rather be there, turning half assed practice motos, then being at work. Simple really, especially when the routine one way is 2 hours+

|

6/6/2018 6:24 PM

I tried to think about your question. I can not remember an "off" day ever.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/6/2018 6:32 PM

jtiger12 wrote:

I think about how much id rather be there, turning half assed practice motos, then being at work. Simple really, especially ...more

That's forsure! I tend to be hard on myself, my enjoyment of riding is directly related to my performance. I know that's a bad habit, but I'm kinda like that with everything. I'll usually do sprints or sections, I can usually pull my head out of my butt long enough to get 1 lap off.

|

6/6/2018 6:57 PM

If i'm not feeling it that day, i'll work on something specific like standing in corners, proper attack position, sitting farther forward in corners. This way if you feel accomplished at the end of the day, you feel like you've done something. Better then packing up and leaving a sour taste in your mouth. At the end of the day we are all doing this for FUN.

|

6/6/2018 6:59 PM

I get bummed. However, 2 years ago doctors discovered that I have an auto-immune disease that primarily contributed to those unexplained off days. Since then I have learned to pack it up. Sometimes after practice or after a moto, because the physical effects just get worse and can last up to a month. Most of the time I try to ride for however long I can, but it is frustrating as my lap times are on average 7 second slower per one minute of track time. That sucks. I. Will never quit though. It is too much fun and too much a part of me.

|

6/6/2018 7:06 PM

Felt like total crap riding this past Monday- I was tired and lacked energy...did a handful of slow laps, practiced a couple starts and loaded up and went home. Happens from time to time..not worth pushing myself and getting hurt. Next time will be better..

|

6/6/2018 7:16 PM

I don’t know what’s wrong with you bros. I’m full tilt, full time.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

6/6/2018 7:51 PM

Still trying to harness the magic of my “good days”.. sometimes I go to the track and feel like “bleh” before I even finish a lap. And then I just can’t shake that feeling all day. I choose bad lines, arm pump, get tires, etc.

Then I have my days where I’m ripping and pounding laps till the sun goes down and having a blast doing it... if someone knows how to get rid of the bad days let me know LOL.

|

6/6/2018 8:20 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

If i'm not feeling it that day, i'll work on something specific like standing in corners, proper attack position, sitting ...more

Wasn't feeling it and I did exactly this on last Saturday at Perris. I left the track happy that I spent the day on technique where I usually end up just pounding out laps.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

6/6/2018 8:27 PM

Yeah, just keep riding. Believe it or not, when its tough going, you are actually learning the most. Don't push it, ever, that's for Carmichael and company. Slow it a bit, concentrate on technicque, it comes around.

|

6/6/2018 8:41 PM

I actually make fun of myself outloud as I keep riding. The reactions from the people hanging at the side of the track makes me laugh and before I know it I’m actually riding better. tongue

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/6/2018 8:56 PM

mountainbike

|

6/6/2018 9:07 PM

Pound a coors light. Just one.

|

6/6/2018 9:33 PM

BobPA wrote:

I don’t know what’s wrong with you bros. I’m full tilt, full time.

Only 4 stroke riders talk about “off days” and “not feeling it”.

You don’t know what an off day is until you’ve played golf, one day you’re on your way to the tour, the next day you can’t touch a ball without it going in a lake.laughing

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

6/6/2018 9:49 PM

My off days are more to do with the preparation, or lack of it. I have a pretty intense job and lifestyle, so don’t get a lot of sleep which means I tend to start a day of physical exertion on the bike in the worst possible way. It is also a major pain for me to get in and out of Manhattan, and to sort transport and collect the bike etc, which means a ride day can easily be 5am-midnight with 3-4 hours sleep beforehand.

Most of the time I buck up and plough through, but sometimes I am a bit zoned out and running on empty. It’s getting harder as the summer arrives, too. That said, I live for the good days and find that nothing gives me the sense of well-being it deliveres when it all goes to plan.

|

6/6/2018 9:51 PM

In my old age (61) I listen closely to my gut and my feels and if it isn't flowing I don't force it. I can pack it up and come back a couple day later.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/6/2018 10:17 PM

captmoto wrote:

In my old age (61) I listen closely to my gut and my feels and if it isn't flowing I don't force it. I can pack it up and come ...more

I've ended having the same attitude. I felt like crap on a recent ride day, so I just did two easy sessions and pretty much hung out and watched. In the old days I would have been mad at myself, but now I'm like "screw it." (Age).

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

6/6/2018 10:18 PM

navalseabee wrote:

Everyone has them, you pack all your stuff up, head to the track, pay the money and just BLEH! Your off you game,not feeling ...more

So weird this popped up. I just had a day exactly like that today. It sucked , as I felt like I was running in molasses. Just could not find a groove any where , felt sluggish and just felt like I forced myself to go.

I just try and get through the day , and considered it just a day to get seat time....and that's about it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/7/2018 12:01 AM

Back in the day, I would pack up and go home, regroup and put in hour's on the figure 8 track in the back yard. There was nothing more gratifying than railing berms left and right.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/7/2018 1:06 AM

Smoke a bowl and lay down in my van for 30 min. Reset day.

|

6/7/2018 1:22 AM

Bad day on a bike is better than the best day doing anything else

|

6/7/2018 1:52 AM

mountain bike

|

6/7/2018 3:19 AM

Every time I have an off day and can't get the flow I promise myself to not drink those three beers on friday evening if I plan to ride on saturday morning. Usually it gets better after 2-3 sessions of forcing myself to keep on. Or if I meet somebody with similar speed, race is on then and I find the groove easily. smile

|

6/7/2018 3:42 AM

Slow down to the point where you can hit the turns and ride flawlessly. (Technique)

|

6/7/2018 4:36 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Maybe not what you mean but you first sentence reminded me of a really OFF day for me.

I travelled 6 hours to a race (back ...more

Holy shit lol!!

I can just imagine opening the door, and starring at the spot where your bike was supposed to be, and all the thoughts racing through your mind laughing blink

|