Your little ones first pro race

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 11:50 AM

I took my son to his first Arenacross race in Dayton, OH. It was cool because he got a pit pass and got to "hang" with the pros. I was busy but he behaved well (everyone said he behaved very well for being 5 years old). He was excited when I told him he could come with me this year. I usually don't let him go because it is hard to do business and watch him. But he said he had an AWESOME time and now he wants to go to supercross.

So tell me what it was like for your son/daughter first pro race.

Heres some pics.Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/20/2018 1:45 PM

Very cool! He may outgrow the shirt, but he'll never outgrow the memories--

|

1/20/2018 1:52 PM

speedman wrote:

Very cool! He may outgrow the shirt, but he'll never outgrow the memories--

he hung the shirt up in his room. he said he wants to keep it forever.

|

1/20/2018 1:54 PM

Haven't taken my son to a race yet (he's only 2 1/2) but I live 10 min's from Club MX and he loves going by to watch. We went today and watched some guys ride the SX track. Every time they would go over the big double we were by he would yell out "WHOA" and point as they flew by. Can't wait to get him on a bike!

|

1/20/2018 3:54 PM

Been taking my son since he was 3-4. He loves it and usually knows once going on more than me! If you go to the pits..it's usually very busy and packed and sometime pretty noisy. He didn't like that when he was little..but likes it now that he is older. You usually only get glimpses of the pros. So we focus on checking out their bikes more. Going to pits also makes for a really long day so we skipped the pits some years when he was little. The actual racing is great..cheering for the open ceremonies and there is enough to watch we never get board. We have even made signs for his favorite riders but they were kinda a pain to carry around! He usually falls asleep pretty quick once we get back to car!

|