Your go to plastic

DEMONDAVE
When you need to replace , what’s the best option ?
Poll

Your go to plastic

Choices
|
TeamGreen
9/23/2022 11:44am
I use UFO as much as possible.

Also, if what I've heard is correct...in Italy...they make plastic for other brands.
Spooner
9/23/2022 11:49am
TeamGreen wrote:
I use UFO as much as possible.

Also, if what I've heard is correct...in Italy...they make plastic for other brands.
There is a lot of cross pollination between the plastics brands actually. Acerbis and Polisport also make a lot of other brands stuff. I think it’s more down to certain items like gas tanks and skid plates. I’m a big Acerbis fan personally.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/23/2022 1:10pm
I love Acerbis. I have a friend there, but I'd support that brand even if I didn't get the hookup.
AH387
9/23/2022 1:50pm
You forgot Cycra. That would be my choice.

The Shop

moto314
9/23/2022 4:42pm
AH387 wrote:
You forgot Cycra. That would be my choice.
X2
MKMX
9/24/2022 7:01pm
Whatever Kim K’s runnin….

Kidding, Cycra or Acerbis.
chump6784
9/24/2022 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2022 11:44pm
Whoever is doing the plastic on the monster girls is doing a good job.

For bikes i like Acerbis, I've had fitment issues with other brands
clarkgray432
Fantasy
3993rd
9/24/2022 11:06pm
Cycra has always fit great and worked out well for me
9/25/2022 12:13pm
Depends on what brand bike they are going on. Polisport is the best for the KTM family of bikes, most like the OEM. But on Yamaha and Honda it will show the stress marks easier than others. R-tech has the best mix for being resistant to the stress marks for Honda's . I have compared Honda plastic from Cycra,Acerbis,Polisport and R-tech and the R-tech had the best resistance to stress marks and also had some softened corners where the plastic makes contact with the triple clamps or frame.I did not have any UFO HONDA plastic when I was comparing. On the KTM brands , the Rtech and Acerbis looked very similar as far as moldinglines. The Polisport Honda plastic also looked like it was the thinnest of the brands. Cycra is owned by Acerbis now and the OEM style kits that Cycra offers use Acerbis parts for all but the front plate. I started to make a video comparing all of the brands of plastic , for all of the current 450's but I have not had the time to finish it. Most of the differences are harder to see if not side by side.The R-tech white plastic for the CRF had a slight greenish tint while Acerbis had a more pink tint and polisport was more of a cream tinted. Again by themselves you would never notice. And it could be a variation in production and not have only been across the brands. I intend to compare the white for Yamaha and Kawasaki to the Honda and KTM white to see if the white is consistent across brands of plastic , and or brands of bike. I did not compare the KTM white to the Honda because they have to 2 specific whites anyway . I will try and compare those as well but The main reason of my comparing was to see the differences in molding , thickness and fit and finish. Then I started to notice the different brands color variations and how the marks would show up easier on one brand over the other. R-tech has had the best quality across all brands . But I would still say Polisport edges them out on the KTM brands.I did not have a lot of UFO on hand for the comparison and now R-tech is without a US distributor so they are harder to get for me. I install between 2 and 8 sets of graphics everyday onto plastic , 5 to 6 days a week ,So I have handled a lot of plastic from many brands. I think all or most of the Maier plastic is not injection molded and it has a very different feel , while the others are all very much more OEM like. I would say that Acerbis has the most OEM like color . The Yamaha plastic from UFO is darker , Polisport is brighter , but that could be a little bit because of it being thinner. And Acerbis/Cycra has been the closer to OEM yamaha blue.

Post a reply to: Your go to plastic

The Latest