Your favorite riders that flew under the radar?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2021 10:37 AM

Who's one of your favorite current or past pros that never got the RC, Dungey, Bubba, or Reed status? I'd probably pick Darryn Durham, even in his PC days he still had a good personality and wasn't a robot reading off sponsors during interviews. Plus, how can you beat the picture of him passing Rattray on a privateer bike while waving goodbye to him? Seems like he isn't as active anymore, but still like to watch The Viewing videos from a couple years ago, was nice to see content creators step out of the norm for a little bit.

Photo
Photo

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

1/13/2021 10:41 AM

Rickyisms wrote:

Who's one of your favorite current or past pros that never got the RC, Dungey, Bubba, or Reed status? I'd probably pick Darryn Durham, even in his PC days he still had a good personality and wasn't a robot reading off sponsors during interviews. Plus, how can you beat the picture of him passing Rattray on a privateer bike while waving goodbye to him? Seems like he isn't as active anymore, but still like to watch The Viewing videos from a couple years ago, was nice to see content creators step out of the norm for a little bit.

Photo
Photo

Some of his best work.
|

1/13/2021 10:51 AM

Rickyisms wrote:

Photo
Photo

Aus_Rider_22 wrote:

Some of his best work.

Izzi nailing that rut completely leaned over is burned into my brain.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

1/13/2021 11:06 AM

Coty Schock is probably my favorite privateer rider that flew under the radar

|

1/13/2021 12:38 PM

Florida's Steve Martin

Look him up

|

1/13/2021 12:43 PM

Wyman Priddy. Frank Stacy. Tony Armaradio.

|

1/13/2021 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2021 1:04 PM

Does Kyle regal count? He’s a pretty cool human I really liked Matt Moss and Hamblin also

|

1/13/2021 1:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2021 1:55 PM

Spudnut wrote:

Does Kyle regal count? He’s a pretty cool human I really liked Matt Moss and Hamblin also

Didn't he win or place pretty high in a moto for Team Puerto Rico at MXDN one year? I enjoyed watching Regal win the AX title after Hayes' bike pissed out all the coolant from his bonehead moves on the opening lap.

|

1/13/2021 2:09 PM

I believe he won the BMain moto or something like that but I can’t recall exactly what it was, just remember being stoked about it

|

1/13/2021 2:14 PM

Photo
|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/13/2021 2:17 PM

Spudnut wrote:

I believe he won the BMain moto or something like that but I can’t recall exactly what it was, just remember being stoked about it

The pulp show with his stepdad is up there in the Hall of fame for pulp shows too.

|

1/13/2021 2:17 PM

I also always felt The Rock was under the radar, partially due to his poor starts. But then sure enough, lap 18, there he is knocking on the door for a podium Photo

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/13/2021 2:18 PM

I always pulled for Ben Lamay, hoped he'd always get to that next level

|

It aint nothing but a little bit of this and a little bit of Braaaap!!!

1/13/2021 2:19 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote: Photo

Billy rules. What a talent, and a nice guy, to boot.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/13/2021 2:19 PM

Wow, this was the guy I immediately thought of. Im surprised anyone else felt the same. Super fast and stylish

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

1/13/2021 2:36 PM

Matthes always makes him sound like a rockstar but...Kelly Smith...His track was right off 10 outside Ludington. My dads family was from around the area and we had some property up there. We would always make time to stop by the track when we saw people riding.

Still remember one day we stop to watch the guys ride. Smith comes out to talk to us, my step brother asks him if he “raced or something because he was really fast” couple chuckles from the small crowd and we were told who he was. Soon after was when we found out my Aunt worked with his Dad. So we were always fans and felt like we knew him although we didn’t.

Still point out the remanence of his track to my wife when we go by. Pretty sure he’s a realtor up there now.

|

1/13/2021 2:48 PM

Falcon wrote:

Billy rules. What a talent, and a nice guy, to boot.

I always like Billy, good guy.
Thought he'd be the man

|

1/13/2021 7:38 PM

Nathan Ramsey. He was a really good rider, smooth, and very technically precise.

|

1/13/2021 8:27 PM

Photo
|

RIP Danny "Magoo" Chandler 1959-2010

1/13/2021 9:11 PM

Aus_Rider_22 wrote:

Some of his best work.

Such a great video. Love how nobody in the ama found the big bore in those bikes haha

|

1/14/2021 3:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2021 4:05 AM

Durham is badass, sick style
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/14/2021 3:49 AM

I'd have to go with Jimmy D
Photo
Photo

Or Sean Collier
Photo

|

1/14/2021 4:20 PM

Rob Herring !!!

Was one of the fastest riders in the world in the 80`s on his day & beat every body at one time or another,

He still sticks in my top ten ever mind as a blisteringly fast skinny 18 year old on a Blue Stratos Kawasaki

Ask ,Ward, Johnson, Guy Cooper, Thorpe, Malherbe, Jobe RIP etc

|

1/14/2021 4:53 PM

Ernesto Fonseca.

|

1/14/2021 6:32 PM

Kenneth Gundersen and Erik Eggens

|

1/14/2021 6:41 PM

Reynard. A guy who could have seriously messed up the record books if it wasn’t for injuries.

When he was on, I still think the way he rode is under rated. Him, and pourcel to me would be what I’d show a random person if they asked how to ride a dirt bike.

|

1/14/2021 6:48 PM

My favourite was Robbie Reynard, fast guy.

|

1/14/2021 7:49 PM

Sean Hamblin, Gavin Graycyck, Branden Jesseman, BMetty, Derek Anderson

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

1/14/2021 8:08 PM

Ah! Too many to list them all and there are some pretty cool ones above DD for sure and I’ll throw this one out there. Factory Phil

|

1/14/2021 8:28 PM

Brandon Jesseman, Ezra Lusk and Michael Byrne. All 3 come through at such a tough era of Bubba in the 125's, and then Lusk and Byrner having RC4, Reed and Bubba to take the spotlight. But they always had the best style and lit kits!

Photo

Photo

Photo

|