Your choice, which do you take?

Tbteam
Edited Date/Time 6/5/2014 11:48am
You're walking down the street somewhere near Mission Viejo, and a black van with government plates pulls up. Out steps a representative from the IRS, and he explains that you've over paid your taxes for nearly twenty years.

A unique offer is made. You have a choice to clear up this matter. In the van, there are two motorcycles. The first is a brand new 2015 Honda CRF 450. The first in the country.

The second, is a pristine 1978 Honda CR250. It's all original, except for a pair of NOS Fox air shocks mounted on the swing arm. From the looks of things, it was probably restored by Joe Newmann.

Your choice. What's your decision?
|
Socket946
6/3/2014 8:00pm
IRS.gov guy?

I immediately say nothing to him, and call my lawyer. While calling my lawyer, I get in my vehicle and drive away ASAP.

Number 1 thing I've learned, you NEVER speak with an entity of the government that enforces the law without a lawyer.

Number 2 is ALWAYS carry a firearm.
Olson
6/3/2014 8:04pm
Japanese IRS guy? I chose the KTM.
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4018th
6/3/2014 8:07pm
Socket946 wrote:
IRS.gov guy? I immediately say nothing to him, and call my lawyer. While calling my lawyer, I get in my vehicle and drive away ASAP. Number...
IRS.gov guy?

I immediately say nothing to him, and call my lawyer. While calling my lawyer, I get in my vehicle and drive away ASAP.

Number 1 thing I've learned, you NEVER speak with an entity of the government that enforces the law without a lawyer.

I like your way of thinking
Jaybird67k
6/3/2014 8:08pm
Socket946 wrote:
IRS.gov guy? I immediately say nothing to him, and call my lawyer. While calling my lawyer, I get in my vehicle and drive away ASAP. Number...
IRS.gov guy?

Exactly !

Jason

The Shop

zehn
6/3/2014 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2014 8:12pm
Socket946 wrote:
IRS.gov guy?

Paranoid much? You've somehow managed to take an innocuous, fictional situation and make it about Big Brother and guns. That was quite impressive.
BobPA
6/3/2014 8:13pm
450 all day. Why would you want to ride a dinosaur.
Socket946
6/3/2014 8:15pm
Socket946 wrote:
IRS.gov guy?

zehn wrote:
Paranoid much? You've somehow managed to take an innocuous, fictional situation and make it about Big Brother and guns. That was quite impressive.
Not paranoid at all. Taxes are SERIOUS business, and any inaccuracy, either in the government's favour or in mine can be a very horrible process to be a apart of.

Anytime a government entity makes the choice to interfere in my life in what could possibly be an issue, it's never a bad idea to have a lawyer involved. You also NEVER say anything, because you CAN easily incriminate yourself.
RandyS
6/3/2014 8:18pm
Do I get the van too? Cuz if I'm walking it means I probably paid so much tax that I can't afford a truck, so I'm gonna need the van to carry around my 15 CRF.
wwoberg
6/3/2014 8:20pm

Although, I know I am different than most. I put very little value in things. Complete opposite of a hoarder. If I hadn't used it in a year, I usually get rid of it.

I actually get excited about our annual "clean the shop day" at work. I get to throw out BS that gss been bugging me for years.
Tbteam
6/3/2014 8:20pm
Socket946 wrote:
IRS.gov guy?

zehn wrote:
Socket946 wrote:
Not paranoid at all. Taxes are SERIOUS business, and any inaccuracy, either in the government's favour or in mine can be a very horrible process to...
Not paranoid at all. Taxes are SERIOUS business, and any inaccuracy, either in the government's favour or in mine can be a very horrible process to be a apart of.

Anytime a government entity makes the choice to interfere in my life in what could possibly be an issue, it's never a bad idea to have a lawyer involved. You also NEVER say anything, because you CAN easily incriminate yourself.
I'd say that if you could read the original post, and the first thing that you thought of was "This could really happen!", then you may be a bit paranoid, and somewhat delusional.

Oh, and for the record, I don't trust the IRS either. But this was fiction.
6/3/2014 8:26pm
I take the 450. But, id probably sell it and find an 86,88, and 90 RM250 to restore lol. I love suzuki rms.Smile id love to ride a new 450. I rode an old yz426 and it was a fucking heavy rocket!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
6/3/2014 8:28pm
zehn wrote:
Socket946 wrote:
Not paranoid at all. Taxes are SERIOUS business, and any inaccuracy, either in the government's favour or in mine can be a very horrible process to...

Tbteam wrote:
I'd say that if you could read the original post, and the first thing that you thought of was "This could really happen!", then you may...
I'd say that if you could read the original post, and the first thing that you thought of was "This could really happen!", then you may be a bit paranoid, and somewhat delusional.

Oh, and for the record, I don't trust the IRS either. But this was fiction.
Exactly.

Try to have fun with this instead.

I take the new honda 450.
Xeno
6/3/2014 8:40pm
This is a fun game.

I'll take the 2015 450. The '13/'14 is awesome, so I expect positive changes with the '15.

HOWEVER... If the van contained a '15 CRF450 and a 1985 RC250 (see below), well the choice is obvious. I'd take the 250

Tim507
6/3/2014 8:41pm
I would ask to see the documentation to determine the full amount of 20 years of over payment. Hate to have my excitement for a new make me a sucker for a government deal.......the over payment could be worth both bikesWoohoo
slipdog
6/3/2014 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2014 8:58pm
Tim507 wrote:
I would ask to see the documentation to determine the full amount of 20 years of over payment. Hate to have my excitement for a new...
I would ask to see the documentation to determine the full amount of 20 years of over payment. Hate to have my excitement for a new make me a sucker for a government deal.......the over payment could be worth both bikesWoohoo
I'd take the 450 and trade it in at the nearest Husky dealership for a 250t!

Damn I had fun riding my buddies YZ 300 on Sunday...

(Didn't mean to quote you Tim, started to agree with you about the refund owed and decided to play along and get an upgrade.) :-)
Bultaco
6/3/2014 9:01pm
78 CR-250. You can buy Honda 450's all day long.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/3/2014 10:35pm
This is a no brainer

I could ride the 450 for a couple of years and risk ever walking again from the dangers of flying all over the place on all of the SX oriented "outdoor tracks" while spending a couple grand on maintanence , then sell it for half it's original value.

I could have a blast racing the 78 CR on safe , rider friendly vintage tracks, maybe spend a couple hundred keeping it running, then sell it for more than the 450 cost new
jock
Fantasy
1st
6/4/2014 2:17am
For me KennyT, I would take option 2. Smile
6/4/2014 4:24am
KennyT wrote:
This is a no brainer I could ride the 450 for a couple of years and risk ever walking again from the dangers of flying all...
This is a no brainer

I could ride the 450 for a couple of years and risk ever walking again from the dangers of flying all over the place on all of the SX oriented "outdoor tracks" while spending a couple grand on maintanence , then sell it for half it's original value.

I could have a blast racing the 78 CR on safe , rider friendly vintage tracks, maybe spend a couple hundred keeping it running, then sell it for more than the 450 cost new
Ding-ding-ding we have a winner! X2!
BobPA
6/4/2014 6:01am
KennyT wrote:
This is a no brainer I could ride the 450 for a couple of years and risk ever walking again from the dangers of flying all...
This is a no brainer

You two stroke guys are so narrow minded it is amazing...just because you have a brand new bike does not mean you cannot ride a "safe natural vagina track". If you are scared of a track, go ride in a field
7I3N
6/4/2014 6:18am
Keeping in mind that everything the IRS has is stolen, I would beat the fuck out of the IRS guy, return both bikes to their rightful owners and then go riding with them.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
6/4/2014 6:45am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2014 6:45am
wwoberg wrote:
2015. Although, I know I am different than most. I put very little value in things. Complete opposite of a hoarder. If I hadn't used it...

Although, I know I am different than most. I put very little value in things. Complete opposite of a hoarder. If I hadn't used it in a year, I usually get rid of it.

I actually get excited about our annual "clean the shop day" at work. I get to throw out BS that gss been bugging me for years.
How can stuff bug you for years if you throw it all out annually ?

TongueLaughingLaughing
newmann
6/4/2014 7:10am
A no brainer if it is a Newmann/Tydog collaboration.

usp4u
6/4/2014 7:18am
Socket946 wrote:
IRS.gov guy?

I like your way of thinking
this is the answer
Big Lenny
6/4/2014 8:21am
newmann wrote:
A no brainer if it is a Newmann/Tydog collaboration. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/06/04/55806/s1200_COUSINS_005.jpg[/img]

Hands down...
crf250pilot
6/4/2014 8:26am
newmann wrote:
A no brainer if it is a Newmann/Tydog collaboration. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/06/04/55806/s1200_COUSINS_005.jpg[/img]

OK, i was already loading up the 2015 until i saw this work of art. Is it too late to trade?

Post a reply to: Your choice, which do you take?

The Latest