Your biggest goon moment(s)

Donovan759
8/8/2018 10:17am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I continue to look back on that video and say what the hell was I thinking still trying to go for that? I literally messed up...
I continue to look back on that video and say what the hell was I thinking still trying to go for that? I literally messed up everything from corner entrance to take off and still tried it. :facepalm:
lol. bro that was awesome!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/8/2018 10:49am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I continue to look back on that video and say what the hell was I thinking still trying to go for that? I literally messed up...
I continue to look back on that video and say what the hell was I thinking still trying to go for that? I literally messed up everything from corner entrance to take off and still tried it. :facepalm:
Donovan759 wrote:
Haha thanks man. We watch it for entertainment now. The whole family laughs together except mom. She still cringes lol.
23champ
8/8/2018 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 5:54pm
My dad bought me my first pair of “mx” boots at an old triumph / BSA dealer. They were the worst things I ever put on my feet. I must have been about 9 or 10, and knew they definitely were not cool.

He bought himself a pair of Vendramini mx boots, black and bright red. I think they were made mainly of plastic. We got home and both tried our “new mx boots” on. I remember thinking,“I don’t know who looks like the bigger idiot, him or me”. Lucky for him the soles fell off the Vendraminis after a handful of rides. However, the ol’ combat boots were built to last!
Imagine a 10yr old kid dressed up in wranglers, knee high combat boots, an old Suzuki T-shirt, and bass boat blue open face helmet. Showing up to race on a 1979 RM80 (in about 1988) that my old man installed the shocks upside down on (NO rebound or compression valving, and couldn’t figure out why). She soaked up the jumps like a jack hammer. The ol’ girl was ALL spring!

The Shop

willie838
8/9/2018 12:54am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2018 12:55am
God that holeshot was huge.... I'm sitting outside and I think my neighbors are positive that I'm a psycho because I was laughing out loud sitting alone over that bush ride.

That vid is amazing.

I don't have video of my first race.... I was horrible but was sure that I was going to put the boots to everyone.

Huge mudder that day.

30 second board..... Sideways..... I have my bike pinned, ready to start my illustrious mx career.

Gate drops and I simultaneously drop the clutch.... Not feather out, not fan out, just drop.

Nike does an instant 180 degree flip as I eat shit 4 feet into my first race. My hands were still on the grips as the front fender and tire landed next to my face.

.... Banner day.
motomike137
8/9/2018 6:43am
On my 78 YZ250 I dropped the forks way down in the triple clamps thinking it looked cool with more fender clearance and I didn't realize how poorly it would turn/ handle. After riding it like that for a few weeks someone set me straight and I put them back where they belonged lol.
bonseff
8/9/2018 7:14am
bonseff wrote:
What do I win? [embed] Deming Motocross fairgrounds 1989 from robbie michael on Vimeo.[/embed]
What do I win?

-MAVERICK- wrote:
That was funny. I do have to ask, seeing how committed you were, how did your racing career pan out? Or was that the highlight of...
That was funny. I do have to ask, seeing how committed you were, how did your racing career pan out? Or was that the highlight of it lol
It got better, I was fortunate to ride with a pro who helped out a lot. I still ride and there is an occasional whiskey throttle. Ain't gonna lie!
Tracktor
MohMoto14
8/9/2018 11:54am
bonseff wrote:
What do I win? [embed] Deming Motocross fairgrounds 1989 from robbie michael on Vimeo.[/embed]
What do I win?

-MAVERICK- wrote:
That was funny. I do have to ask, seeing how committed you were, how did your racing career pan out? Or was that the highlight of...
That was funny. I do have to ask, seeing how committed you were, how did your racing career pan out? Or was that the highlight of it lol
bonseff wrote:
It got better, I was fortunate to ride with a pro who helped out a lot. I still ride and there is an occasional whiskey throttle...
It got better, I was fortunate to ride with a pro who helped out a lot. I still ride and there is an occasional whiskey throttle. Ain't gonna lie!
I laughed until I cried! That's was beyond funny.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/9/2018 12:15pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Haha thanks man. We watch it for entertainment now. The whole family laughs together except mom. She still cringes lol.
Haha, you were probably so pissed. That vid is awesome though.
Tracktor
8/9/2018 1:09pm
Yeah, I get a pit in my stomach every time I watch it. Lucky to walk away.........stupid is as stupid does......
honda341
8/9/2018 1:23pm
Qualified for Loretta's without a visor in my supermini days. Qualified area and regionals with no visor. Rather pay practice entry than look normal. Best years of my life, just my Dad and I.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/9/2018 2:16pm
Donovan759 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
seth505 wrote:
Haha, you were probably so pissed. That vid is awesome though.
Haha I was super pissed! Got back to the truck pissed of, threw my helmet in the back of my dads van, took all my gear off pissed and in pain, fought with my dad then jumped in my truck with my gf and drove from Perris back home to Santa Clarita to urgent care. Fun times Laughing
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
8/9/2018 2:19pm
bonseff wrote:
What do I win?

bf884 wrote:
You Win the internet. That was great. All or nothing huh. when you went through the bushes was priceless. Lol
You definitely win! I am watching this as I am eating lunch and a couple of my employees had to come over and see what I was laughing and chocking on my sandwich at.I was sure you would not make it through the bushes! Great vid!
Phantom 661
8/10/2018 9:20am
23champ wrote:
My dad bought me my first pair of “mx” boots at an old triumph / BSA dealer. They were the worst things I ever put on...
My dad bought me my first pair of “mx” boots at an old triumph / BSA dealer. They were the worst things I ever put on my feet. I must have been about 9 or 10, and knew they definitely were not cool.

He bought himself a pair of Vendramini mx boots, black and bright red. I think they were made mainly of plastic. We got home and both tried our “new mx boots” on. I remember thinking,“I don’t know who looks like the bigger idiot, him or me”. Lucky for him the soles fell off the Vendraminis after a handful of rides. However, the ol’ combat boots were built to last!
Imagine a 10yr old kid dressed up in wranglers, knee high combat boots, an old Suzuki T-shirt, and bass boat blue open face helmet. Showing up to race on a 1979 RM80 (in about 1988) that my old man installed the shocks upside down on (NO rebound or compression valving, and couldn’t figure out why). She soaked up the jumps like a jack hammer. The ol’ girl was ALL spring!
I can relate. Only I went out and collected aluminum cans to save up for a pair of boots that looked eerily similar to those. Early seventies everyone wore leathers... but my old man bought me a pair of padded denim pants to go with those boots. Ot was a full on goon look. As I said... I can relate.

Post a reply to: Your biggest goon moment(s)

The Latest