Your Supercross attendance?

mx_563
12/12/2017 7:36am
I do find it difficult to justify the expense and hassle and my attendance has indeed diminished. And it’s not due to a lack of “good racing”. I can go sit on the hill in Corona and watch Craig or Tomac or Musquin do practice laps and I’d be totally entertained. I would even drop a few ducats for the privilege.
“Lack of good racing” is not the problem for me. I’m just over spending all that money, dealing with the huge “casual fan” idiot crowds, getting absolutely bombarded and overloaded with promotions and getting a ~17 minute main event (ala Santa Clara a few years ago). It's too expensive for the hassle involved and the entertainment you get in return.
DYE
12/12/2017 9:08am
JAC wrote:
I used to attend either Dallas or St. Louis. I love Supercross. I especially love watching practice. But, I admit that watching my son participate in...
I used to attend either Dallas or St. Louis. I love Supercross. I especially love watching practice. But, I admit that watching my son participate in the races changes the experience completely. And watching practice on a website and watching the races on TV is something close to torture.

Joey
Watching practice all day is one of my favorite things too. Watching guys figure things out and try new lines is awesome. I especially like watching B & C practice. The guys that aren’t superhuman and you can relate to a little lol
moto314
12/12/2017 9:12am
1-2 per year from early 1990's to early 2000's, 3-6 every year after. Planning 3-4 this year and just as excited as ever!
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
12/12/2017 9:20am
Increasing actually. I am going to A1 from Norcal since I can't make Oakland this year, and I'll probably fly away for another if I can find the time. I have to see KRoc make his return.
Went to Hangtown and USGP this year for MX, doing the same but HT and MXDN this year.

Agreed with other posters on tickets costs/inability to buy at stadium directly in advance is annoying.
I like getting there at noon and just taking it easy watching practice and hanging out.

The Shop

NV825
Fantasy
2711th
12/12/2017 9:36am
Went to my first A1 last year and it was fun. Usually we hit up Vegas every other year because it's right around my birthday and a party weekend in sin city is always a good time with friends. I'm not sure if we're going to be able to make any races this season though.
wasummer46
12/12/2017 10:45am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 10:46am
I attend Atlanta every year, even had my bachelor party there last year for the final Georgia Dome race.
I also attend Muddy Creek and Budds Creek national every year and try to sprinkle a few fly-away races in there.
Went to A1 in 2015, MXDN at Thunder Valley in CO and Budds Creek. Attended US open in 2009 in the MGM grand, and that was one of the coolest races I've ever seen.

I always manage to bring a few people with me to the Atlanta race, including my wife. Every single person that attends with me complains about Lurch. Why does he feel the need to scream unrecognizable crap right before the gate drop?

Can't Wait for the Triple Crown race this Year!! Bring on SX 2018!
oshow
12/12/2017 10:50am
Has your Supercross attendance diminished in recent years? I used to get really fired up to attend at least two Anaheim races every year up until...
Has your Supercross attendance diminished in recent years?

I used to get really fired up to attend at least two Anaheim races every year up until about 5 yrs ago....maybe it's because life has been so hectic recently and it's been more convenient to watch from the couch in HD? Maybe the days of MC, RC, JS, and RV were just more exciting? 2 strokes were more entertaining? No more tailgating allowed in Anaheim?

Probably a combination of all the above...

I'm gonna try to get to A1 this year but I just don't see the excitement on the gate anymore. I'm looking forward to see how Roczen does...I also hope Anderson is in the mix because he's the most capable of making things interesting...Barcia would be entertaining if he could run the pace. Could Reed mix it up for a race or two again? Who am I missing??? Can Wilson or Bagget get up front? Who is going to surprise us?
Yes. I'm about over it....losing interest
downard254
12/12/2017 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 12:04pm
downard254 wrote:
I'm done with going to SX races. It's really only about a 3-3 1/2 hour show, and it's just not worth the drive, expense, and dealing...
I'm done with going to SX races. It's really only about a 3-3 1/2 hour show, and it's just not worth the drive, expense, and dealing with the crowd. The older I get, the less I like being around people. Racing enthusiasts on the other hand, I can hang with all day and bench race. Seems that most at SX attendee's aren't there for the racing as much as for the drinking. Then, like mentioned above, the price you pay for the ticket, and see the actual ticket price on the stub, kind of makes you think. I'll stick with MX, nice all day affair.Smile
OK guys, we need one more bit of info on your responses. Instead of going back and editing my post, I'm showing it as reference, but I think we all need to see your age as that may play into some responses.

I'm turning 51 in a couple months. Hence the, "I have trouble dealing with idiot crowds" thing. And I have one who just started college and a second who will in another year and a half, so there's the "it's getting too expensive" thing.

12/12/2017 1:36pm
I am in the same boat as everyone else it sounds like. I used to go to everyone A1 and often A2 and A3. Even Dodger stadium and try to hit San Diego when I could.

Now that I am busy with work and family stuff and the TV broadcast is so good and live, I just stay home.

Plus tickets are pretty expensive now. I am ok with the crowds but a 2-3 hour drive to the race and the same home, when I can just relax at home. I have been in the pits 8 million times, so I don't get excited about any of that any more.

I still love Supercross but it translates to TV pretty well for me. Now Outdoors! You have to experience that live but I will say the TV coverage keeps me from driving up to Hangtown and Glen Helen. I just hit Glen Helen.
SoCalMX70
12/12/2017 1:46pm
Every year since 1998, mostly the Anaheim rounds with LA, San Diego and Vegas from time to time as well. Usually 2+ rounds per year... until now. No desire to attend races in 2018, but we shall see.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/12/2017 1:48pm
How come I can never find you at Daytona? I won't ask you to scratch my back or anything. I mean, I met Jenny Taft this...
How come I can never find you at Daytona? I won't ask you to scratch my back or anything. I mean, I met Jenny Taft this past Daytona, but no Gibby.
Not sure? I’m not hiding. Cool

Here are the track maps I’ve collected from the races I’ve attended since ‘04. The top row is ‘04, ‘05, and ‘06. The rest are full years. Hey, who stole half of my ‘11? Laughing

The last few years are out of order. Fortunately I’m not so OCD that I was compelled to straighten them out.

aeffertz
12/12/2017 3:47pm
Guess I'm in the minority here but in the Midwest, we aren't blessed with multiple rounds of SX every year. So when the Minneapolis SX rolls around Im super excited and bring as many friends as I can because it's so much more fun to see it all in person and then catch the broadcast later on to see anything you may have missed.
TeamGreen
12/12/2017 4:13pm
billyp330 wrote:
I really don't get all the complaining on here. I get it that prices are getting higher and higher, but that is the case for anything...
I really don't get all the complaining on here. I get it that prices are getting higher and higher, but that is the case for anything. I love supercross/motocross and therefore will always try to attend at least one round of each every year. These crybabies saying it just isn't the same these days because of 4 strokes are retarded. Sorry, but its true. The sport is still the same today as it was 15 years ago, the most bada$$ athletes in the world compete on gnarly tracks for mostly just pride and bragging rights. Oh, but now the most elite riders also fight for millions of dollars, adding even more motivation for the inspiring champions. Stop all the crying and support the sport that you all supposedly love. Sorry for rant....
Old School High-5!
TeamGreen
12/12/2017 4:19pm
12-15 SX races a year...depending on other race/business commitments.
This year I'll have to mix US-SX with a Canada's Rockstar Triple Crown AX/MX/SX series. I'm estimating 10-12 SX races. Seeing Kenny's return is a must.
JMR1976
12/12/2017 4:41pm
I might go to Oakland this year. No re entry and security hassles have made me stay home the last few years.
david225
12/12/2017 5:56pm
Went to my first SX last year and I really enjoyed it. I've been to several outdoor races throughout the years but Supercross is a different animal. I will be moving to Georgia in January so I'm hoping to go to the Southeast rounds this year.

With that being said, can you buy tickets at the box office of the stadium the day of the race?
JAFO92
12/12/2017 6:00pm
Havent been in several years.
228YZ
12/12/2017 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2017 6:17pm
I used to go to Orlando, Atlanta and New Orleans. I have not gone since Atlanta in 06 I believe what ruined it was the cost and all the drunks. I do not mind drinking, I have done my share of it but, the girls behind me stared puking and it was running under my seat and was just nasty!

My first Atlanta was 83 and then went every year from 92-06.

Post a reply to: Your Supercross attendance?

The Latest