Your Favorite Front Tire?

Timo
9/29/2022 2:32pm
I've been running the tusk mx35 front and rear on sand and clay trails. My only complaint is the rear 120 is narrow, more like a 110. Wear and traction have been good, definitely worth the money.
Spooner
9/30/2022 8:27am
Ran the starcross 6 medium soft front and rear a couple days now and super impressed. I didn’t love the SC5 front but this one seems to have a lot more grip and feedback and the rear is ridiculous. My buddy said he’s never seen a tire throw roost like these haha!

MX3s is definitely still being produced fyi.
9/30/2022 8:54am
What is the feedback on the Bridgestone X31's front and rear? On mx33's now they are okay.

The Shop

Nellyinda803
Fantasy
362nd
9/30/2022 1:40pm
Spooner wrote:
Ran the starcross 6 medium soft front and rear a couple days now and super impressed. I didn’t love the SC5 front but this one seems...
Ran the starcross 6 medium soft front and rear a couple days now and super impressed. I didn’t love the SC5 front but this one seems to have a lot more grip and feedback and the rear is ridiculous. My buddy said he’s never seen a tire throw roost like these haha!

Very interesting. I am running the Starcross 5 front. I feel like it is okay, but I definitely want more front end bite
Spooner
9/30/2022 3:11pm
Spooner wrote:
Ran the starcross 6 medium soft front and rear a couple days now and super impressed. I didn’t love the SC5 front but this one seems...

Very interesting. I am running the Starcross 5 front. I feel like it is okay, but I definitely want more front end bite
You should notice a big upgrade in grip with the 6. It didn't seem to care what kind of dirt it was in either.
Splat03
9/30/2022 8:48pm
LungButter wrote:
I ran that tire for years everywhere I went except deep sand. It gets the job done, knobs stay sharp and it has a consistent feel...
I ran that tire for years everywhere I went except deep sand.

It gets the job done, knobs stay sharp and it has a consistent feel.

More recently I’ve been running Starcross 5 soft.

I just ordered a Tusk EMX35. Had a couple guys I trust tell me it’s pretty good. For $55 when premium fuel is running $4.94….I’m willing to give it a shot.
Let me know on the Tusk. I’ve been running the mx33 and really like it but the Tusk looks close for 1/2 - 2/3 the price. I put a Tusk 110 on the rear(350 SXF) at the halfway of the front tire life and it’s been pretty good. I haven’t noticed a significant difference over the mx33 rear but I’m not nearly as picky about rear tires.
R VanKamp77
10/26/2022 5:52pm
This is a good place to ask this. Which tire would you run? I ordered a new front but it’s not going to be here. I’m riding intermediate terrain tilled well - “fairly soft clay”.

I got some of these mx33f tires for free, low hours. Are these better than the maxxis that comes on the gasgas bikes? Worth the time and effort to change the tire?
Boggins
10/26/2022 6:55pm
Bridgestone Battle Cross X31 F+R is working nice.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
10/26/2022 7:07pm
I haven’t run the maxxis, but Keefer and Mxa say they aren’t very good if there is any packed surfaces. The mx33 is decent. It lasts a long time even on hard dirt.
10/26/2022 7:13pm
wrc777 wrote:
I haven’t run the maxxis, but Keefer and Mxa say they aren’t very good if there is any packed surfaces. The mx33 is decent. It lasts...
I haven’t run the maxxis, but Keefer and Mxa say they aren’t very good if there is any packed surfaces. The mx33 is decent. It lasts a long time even on hard dirt.
Maxxis mxst can handle some hard. Great tire
NSP139
10/26/2022 7:26pm
This is a good place to ask this. Which tire would you run? I ordered a new front but it’s not going to be here. I’m...
This is a good place to ask this. Which tire would you run? I ordered a new front but it’s not going to be here. I’m riding intermediate terrain tilled well - “fairly soft clay”.

I got some of these mx33f tires for free, low hours. Are these better than the maxxis that comes on the gasgas bikes? Worth the time and effort to change the tire?
So no response on your suspension from your original thread now you're on the front tires LOL
R VanKamp77
10/26/2022 8:35pm
This is a good place to ask this. Which tire would you run? I ordered a new front but it’s not going to be here. I’m...

NSP139 wrote:
So no response on your suspension from your original thread now you're on the front tires LOL
no no no I want to write a meaningful response and every time I sit down at a computer it's for pressing work. I'm working on my homework now lol and it's late I wanna go to sleep lmao. I'll try to put a bow on the thread tomorrow.

The updated fork settings are AWESOME though. seriously.

I just wanna know if it's even worth swapping out to one of these used tires or wait a few more weeks for a new one. I suck with tires, no experience.
10/26/2022 8:56pm
What is the feedback on the Bridgestone X31's front and rear? On mx33's now they are okay.
I just started running the new x31's here in SoCal a month ago and WOW, these tires are so good. The perfect cross between the old X20 and X30. I liked the X30's when the dirt was drier, but as soon as there's moisture in the dirt. the knobs would pack up and the tire would lose its predictability quite rapidly. The X20 would work great in the moist stuff but gave up dry traction. For here in SoCal, it was always a balancing act/trade off between the X30 and X20 for me. Now with the X31, its the best of both in a single tire. Predictable everywhere, great traction in moist and dry dirt. It's my new favorite tire for SoCal conditions.

Post a reply to: Your Favorite Front Tire?

The Latest