Your Des Nations Highlights..

mccread
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 6:47pm
What a great weekend of racing....

My two stand out moments are...

2. Dungey handling the pressure on Sunday with two faultless starts and leading from the front..and USA 1-2 round turn one when they needed it.

1. Ken Roczen's speed compared to the other 250fs was insane. His ride in moto one was amazing... but passing four of the Worlds's top 450 riders to take the lead on his 250f... at altititude...that was the memorable moment of the weekend for me.
|
swizcore
9/28/2010 9:55am
The highlight for me was Trey and Shorty getting off the ground and showing their heart when some would have made excuses.
9/28/2010 10:00am
"Ken Roczen's speed compared to the other 250fs was insane his ride in moto one was amazing... but passing four of the Worlds's top 450 riders to take the lead on his 250f... at altititude...that was the memorable moment of the weekend for me".

This one's OK for me.
RedRider31
9/28/2010 10:35am
1. USA winning! To include Short and Canard showing some serious heart. Throw in Dungey's flawless performance.

2. Ken Roczen's speed

3. Some kid from Minnesota riding a wheelie on a Vespa by the parking lot.

4. People traveling near and far, having a great time in my town.
grover738
9/28/2010 10:49am
1) Dungey pumping his fist in the air over that massive quad on the last lap. Who got a pic of that? Where can I order my poster?

2) Having the race be competitive was great. I was more worried about the Belgians than Germany in the last moto, but either team could have won it.

3) Watching Roczen - WOW. That kid is the real deal. There is no way I would have believed he was significantly better than Canard and Wilson before the race. Obviously just one race, etc, but that kid has a bright, bright future.

4) Watching Shorty pull the holeshot from a bad gate against the world's best riders not once but twice!

And, not to brag, but I won a Rider Down T-shirt by getting 3rd in the 500m rowing contest. Ok, not much of a highlight for the 20 minutes after I rowed when I sat in the shade wondering if I was going to puke. A guy on Sunday rowed a 1:24.7 - wow.

Lowlights:

1) Hour long line to get in on Saturday.
2) Pits after the race. LAME. No beer for sale (for non-VIP Pass Holders). No bands. No DJ's. No dancing girls. Just lots and lots of Lakeville Police. Compare that to Italy last year - Red Bull bus with a band on the top rocking out, great beer for sale, hot women in mini-skirts dancing, and maybe 3 security guards that were not worried about a thing. Why are we so uptight about stuff like that? I've never seen more cops bored out of their minds as I did this weekend.

The Shop

rocrac
9/28/2010 10:53am
"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813

I just saw this for the first time....awesome.
grover738
9/28/2010 10:59am
rocrac wrote:
[b]"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813[/b] I just saw this for the...
"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813

All the props go to mxmat813. I saw quite a few kids this weekend that I wish had followed Mat's advice, especially on the pants.
Mstock
9/28/2010 11:02am
rocrac wrote:
[b]"Every time Dungey wins, I hope some kid, somewhere, pulls his pants up and puts his hat on straight" -mxmat813[/b] I just saw this for the...

x 2. It's time for this sport to get back to hard physical training, clean living, and respect for your fellow man.
Short - Canard - Dungey have zero problems in these areas and that is why they are the best of the USA. Good job guys. You are truly the best of our global sport.
mccread
9/28/2010 11:08am
rocrac wrote:

Mstock wrote:
x 2. It's time for this sport to get back to hard physical training, clean living, and respect for your fellow man. Short - Canard -...
x 2. It's time for this sport to get back to hard physical training, clean living, and respect for your fellow man.
Short - Canard - Dungey have zero problems in these areas and that is why they are the best of the USA. Good job guys. You are truly the best of our global sport.
Good points.. all three Team USA guys are great role models.
CamP
9/28/2010 11:13am
Dungey = MVP award

Roczen = Hard Charger award

Short = Iron Man award
9/28/2010 11:23am
We got there saturday as mx1 quali was doing there parade lap. When dungey came around and the fans screaming and cheering followed him. Gave me chills.
Shorts holeshot in mx3 quali was insane.
when short and dungey came around up front on sunday. Biggest smile on my face.
knowing canard is going to 450s to ride with the rest is going to be awesome.
HuskyEd
9/28/2010 11:27am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2010 11:28am
Racing - 1. - Watching Dungey totally dominate. The kid is poetry in motion.

2. - Watching the new kid, Ken Roczen put on a show in the second moto.

Non - Racing - 1. - One of my greatest thrills was meeting James Marshall that was sitting in the Rider Down vendor tent. I've worn his wristband going on 4 years now and when I showed him the smile on his face was priceless. It was really good to see a kid that has gone through so much in such good spirits.

Keep up the positive attitude James.Smile
Crossup
9/28/2010 11:56am
1. Team USA winning
2. Dungey fast and smooth the whole day
3. Cairoli's impressive speed
4. Barragan's insane whips over the back tabletop
5. Paulin Gautier carving out a 2:10 lap time
6. Kyle Regal from privateer to the front of the international class
7. Roczen redifining the speed of a 250F
8. Shorty tough as nails
9. The Marriott Denver West where many of the teams were
10. Open pits all day
11. Works Bikes! (Rinaldi Yamahas and Aprilla 2 cyclinder - there were many trick bikes)

The only thing that I saw that pissed me off was some total fat losers writing a bunch of BS in marker all over Steve Ramon's Suzuki. It was on the fence near the podium, which I guess in the minds of losers, is to write all over it. Class-less a-holes.
PC
9/28/2010 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2010 12:08pm
-The coolest thing I saw all weekend was the dude riding his beer cooler down the hill to the bus pickup spot after Saturday's qualifying races. Never seen anyone rail an Igloo like that before!

-Saturday's party in the campground. We hooked up with some guys from Moto Adventure Kawi and those boys threw down!!! Great times. I think......

The racing was pretty damn sweet too.

-Roczen passing TC on Saturday was SICK! I got nothing for love for TC, but Roczen blew his doors off in that qualifying race.

-I thought Townley was gonna get lynched for taking out Shorty

-Seeing Shorty and Dungey head into turn one of the final moto running 1-2 was epic. World order was restored at that point in time and we all know everything was gonna be okay.

dc1236
9/28/2010 12:53pm
Ok, I know I’m a newb, but have lurked here for a long time....
My wife and I just got back yesterday from the MXON in Denver. I’ve heard a lot of people bitch about the race and Thundervalleyand am actually pretty surprised. We got the VIP tickets and we were very glad. So, here’s 2 bits:
-Vickery Motorsports - handing out free water, pop, candy all weekend long. Hat's Off to them.
-Team USA – We stood in line for 45 minutes for autographs in the VIP tent. We got Dungey, Canard, and Short’s autographson a MXON hat. The three of them are such awesome ambassadors for US motocross and supercross. Roczen, Paulin, DeSalle, Cairoli, were very nice to us as well. We couldn’t understand it though, because Mike Alessi was signing also and was being a typical douche.
-We flew on the same flight with Goose from Denver to SLC. I wanted SOOOO bad to go ask him if him and Dungey were following the man to KTM. I thought I needed to respect his privacy though. He’s probably sick of thinking about motorcycles, or they just started testing.
-If you didn’t have VIP parking, then you are still fighting the lines from Sunday to get out of the parking lot or are still walking back to the parking lot. I actually saw were Bum F%ck Egypt was!
-We were at the Delta check-in counter on Monday morning when Marvin Musquin was there. He looked so depressed. He had a terrible weekend and I think he got hosed a bit. He’ll be back come SX season though.
-Unless you were there you can’t even fathom how fast Roczen was. Just give Roczen the MX2 championship for next year now. He’s going to win it anyway.
-Canard showed once again why he deserved the MX Lites championship
-Team Lithuania shouldn’t have been on the track...period.
-Team Philippines trophy girls……………….WTF
-Racing and qualifiers were awesome …..what an experience and great weekend!

OK, now you can start with the STFU’s

Post a reply to: Your Des Nations Highlights..

The Latest