Alex Draper Godspeed/RIP

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 8:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 9:50 PM

I do not know a whole lot about this situation or what happened. Heck I don’t even know the young mans name or family, (Edit; he’s been indetified) but it happened in front of me and I wanted to offer my prayers to the family and friends of those affected.

A young man, 22, from Portland OR passed away this last weekend at Riverdale Raceway in Toutle, WA. A real darn shame how dangerous this sport is, but we love it anyways.

If anyone can give me a name or info from the family I’d like to help out any way I can.

Godspeed and R.I.P.

|

6/5/2018 8:59 PM

I was there the day before that happened... the track seemed fine when i rode it, no really crazy things going on.. RIP man this sucks.

|

6/5/2018 9:04 PM

mxer433 wrote:

I was there the day before that happened... the track seemed fine when i rode it, no really crazy things going on.. RIP man ...more

It doesn't matter how dangerous or safe a track is, you can die doing just about anything on two wheels. Condolences to his family and friends, hope we can get a name soon.

Godspeed, taken too soon.

|

6/5/2018 9:07 PM

Photo

Godspeed, Alex.
|

6/5/2018 9:12 PM

Wow, that just plain sickening. Thanks for sharing and R.I.P. Alex.

|

6/5/2018 9:46 PM

It happened very close to where I was parked. I didn’t see what happened but I was pretty confused since it seemed like the medics took an extremely long time to get him loaded into the ambulance. I figured it was spine or neck related.

I was totally unaware of the severity. The track and spot he crashed in was the safest spot on the property. Just goes to show that unfortunately Moto shows no mercy. Again, RIP Alex.

|

6/5/2018 9:52 PM

Damn , I'm sorry to hear you were up there Craig when it happened. I was up there for a couple hours the weekend before , getting my bike jetted. I had heard a kid passed away this last weekend , but until now , I didn't know his name.

Alex.....RIP moto brother! And all my condolences go out to all his friends and family. Such a young kid with his whole life ahead of him. Damn shame.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/5/2018 9:54 PM

Really sad, condolences to his family and friends.

Ride In Peace Alex.

|

6/5/2018 9:54 PM

interesting seeing riders like AP23 run Villopoto-era solid chest protectors. Just saying...

Tragic man.

|

6/5/2018 10:37 PM

What a shame. Prayers and thoughts to family, friends and loved one's. RIP Alex.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

6/5/2018 10:51 PM

RIP Alex

|

6/5/2018 10:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 11:00 PM

milliebays wrote:

interesting seeing riders like AP23 run Villopoto-era solid chest protectors. Just saying...

Tragic man.

The majority are wearing a similar sized but more pliable A-Stars or TLD version under their jerseys these days.

There was a topic the other day where someone ragged on Forkner for pulling off with a rub injury and I mentioned in it knowing someone that had crashed with a prior rib injury that ended in this same way, piercing the heart plus a lung as well...just as a note to anyone who suffers a rib injury and wants to get back it immediately, be a bit cautious, the chances of this type of injury are higher due to the unhealed/prior damage.

RIP Alex Draper...

|