You'll be amazed at the tricks one can do with a rented Citi Bike.

Arkmx
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2013 7:46pm

"Back in May, New York City launched a bicycle-sharing program called Citi Bike where folks can rent for a day, week or year and return it to one of the city's many docking stations after they're done. Compared to high-end, light-as-air bikes, Citi Bikes are heavy, clunky and slow. However, BMX rider Tyrone Williams, co-owner of the Chinatown bike shop Dah Shop, recently displayed his skills in a YouTube clip that shows off the many tricks one can actually do with a Citi Bike. While he may not get serious air, the grinds and sustained wheelies are pretty impressive for a rental."

|
gt80rider
9/12/2013 2:02pm
you just wasted 10 seconds of my life... thanks
mx_563
9/12/2013 2:16pm
I thought that was bitchen!
Mxdnusa
9/12/2013 2:39pm
Awesome. I enjoyed it. Dude is rad for sure. My daughter goes to college in NY and I've seen these in Manhattan and a few in Brooklyn. The prices are reasonable ,like ten bucks a day,20 a week or $100 for the year.
mt798
9/12/2013 3:02pm
Haaa, I enjoyed that...

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/12/2013 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2013 3:20pm
This summer I had my mountain bike, and Cox and his wife scored rentals like that in Washington, DC. There was no stunting going on, but they're a cheap and easy way to get around. I plan on using one in Paris while at Bercy this year, as long as the weather cooperates.
peelout
9/12/2013 3:41pm
haha, that's awesome.

SLC has some of these, not the same brand but the same idea. my friends keep wanting to rent them to go bar-hopping but i think that's just as easy to get a DUI as driving a car.

awesome video though thanks for posting
LappedU
9/12/2013 3:42pm
Guess I don't drink enough! didn't know you could get a DUI on a bike? holy shit!
MBBadgers
9/12/2013 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/12/2013 3:49pm
LappedU wrote:
Guess I don't drink enough! didn't know you could get a DUI on a bike? holy shit!
anything that moves you they can give you a dui on, plus in huntington beach now if you're in front of your house drinking they can give you a drunk in public, you have to be in your backyard away from view. dui's are the number one money maker in southern california.

and yes great video, dudes got skills.
9/12/2013 7:06pm
This is a better example of the things you can do on a bike that you shouldn't be able to do, in my opinion.

Unfortunately today I found out that Martyn Ashton crashed at a trials demo last week in which he suffered a spinal injury and currently has no feeling in his body below the injury. It's so sad to hear, especially for a rider that has so much talent.

friday10
9/12/2013 9:43pm
This is a better example of the things you can do on a bike that you shouldn't be able to do, in my opinion. Unfortunately today...
This is a better example of the things you can do on a bike that you shouldn't be able to do, in my opinion.

Unfortunately today I found out that Martyn Ashton crashed at a trials demo last week in which he suffered a spinal injury and currently has no feeling in his body below the injury. It's so sad to hear, especially for a rider that has so much talent.

Oh no!!! Prayer out to you Martin.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
9/13/2013 4:55am
Awesome videos guys!

The backflip at the golf course coming out the bunker is sick!
9/13/2013 5:03am
peelout wrote:
haha, that's awesome. SLC has some of these, not the same brand but the same idea. my friends keep wanting to rent them to go bar-hopping...
haha, that's awesome.

SLC has some of these, not the same brand but the same idea. my friends keep wanting to rent them to go bar-hopping but i think that's just as easy to get a DUI as driving a car.

The general statute in NC is the same for a car and bicycle for DUI, same level and classification of punishment also depending on the persons record !!!
bullpen658
9/13/2013 5:17am
That video and song is awesome!!! One wheel deal!!!
IWreckALot
9/13/2013 5:59am
peelout wrote:
haha, that's awesome. SLC has some of these, not the same brand but the same idea. my friends keep wanting to rent them to go bar-hopping...
haha, that's awesome.

The general statute in NC is the same for a car and bicycle for DUI, same level and classification of punishment also depending on the persons...
The general statute in NC is the same for a car and bicycle for DUI, same level and classification of punishment also depending on the persons record !!!
There was a video of a guy that got a cheap beach cruiser and started stunting it and it broke. So he welded it where it broke and was doing some incredible stunting on it. Some guys have more talent than they know what to do with. The video might be posted already. I can't view videos at work unfortunately.

I've recently started kayaking and there's nothing more fun than going out at night and drinking and going to watch drunk karoake at the marinas. I wonder if you can get a BUI on a kayak. I was under the impression the answer is a no since it isn't motor powered.
mxtech1
9/13/2013 10:23am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2013 10:26am
This is what happens in my town if you get caught riding a bicycle drunk.

This guy that it happened to is know as Jerky Man. You can find him out at any of the local bars in the city late at night. He rides his bike from bar to bar selling beef jerky out of a back pack. He'll often trade a piece of Jerky for a beer or drink, so he is pretty popular with all the drunks as the night gets late.

I believe he was issued around 10 citations for this incident including DUI, disorderly conduct, illegal food sale w/o a permit, no license to peddle w/in city limits, no headlight on the bicycle, etc.

https://youtu.be/HxVU9AE4aq8
9/13/2013 11:56am
Cool video!

I love seeing talent like that coming from someone who you wouldn't suspect.
jl0822
9/13/2013 12:05pm
my neighborhood Woohoo
9/13/2013 12:30pm
IWreckALot wrote:
There was a video of a guy that got a cheap beach cruiser and started stunting it and it broke. So he welded it where it...
There was a video of a guy that got a cheap beach cruiser and started stunting it and it broke. So he welded it where it broke and was doing some incredible stunting on it. Some guys have more talent than they know what to do with. The video might be posted already. I can't view videos at work unfortunately.

I've recently started kayaking and there's nothing more fun than going out at night and drinking and going to watch drunk karoake at the marinas. I wonder if you can get a BUI on a kayak. I was under the impression the answer is a no since it isn't motor powered.
I'm not sure, In NC the Game Wardens and officers who work waterways are the only ones who handle BUI's, I'm a Sheriff's Deputy and when I went to Intox training you use the same instrument to test for DUI or BUI in NC. You just enter a differant code, so the instrument doesn't report to the DMV to automatically revoke your liscense for 30 days initially after charged. For years the wording specified a motorized conveyance, but they done away with that in the DUI portion anyway in NC. Doesn't make much sense, the only person thats getting the shit end of the with a DUI on a bicycle is the rider if he zigs when he should have zagged in front of a car !!!Silly
Camp332
9/13/2013 2:22pm
Wifey and I will be in Manhattan all weekend. CitiBikes are on our agenda. I'll probably do some "stunnin" to keep my wife attracted to me Bro.
WJB419MX
9/13/2013 7:46pm
Ty is the man. Did a bmx demo/jam with him and the animal crew last week.

Post a reply to: You'll be amazed at the tricks one can do with a rented Citi Bike.

The Latest