You want to know what Chad thinks about St. Louis, the penalty, etc?

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/9/2017 8:59am
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Chad-Reed,15438/GuyB,64

Oh, and for the record, he says he doesn't read Vital. It's okay, Chad, we still love you. Smile
|
davistld01
4/9/2017 9:19am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2017 9:20am
You know...either Chad is so full of shit that his eyes are dark brown, or he really didn't mean to do it. Hard to tell. I think his reaction to Dungey hollering at him & gesturing to him after he pulled off, and Reed's leaving the stadium so soon says a lot. I believe, whether Chad was 100% malicious in his impeding Dungey...he knew how it would be perceived.
4/9/2017 9:27am
GuyB wrote:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Chad-Reed,15438/GuyB,64 Oh, and for the record, he says he doesn't read Vital. It's okay, Chad, we still love you. :)

Oh, and for the record, he says he doesn't read Vital. It's okay, Chad, we still love you. Smile
Calling BS on most of what was said.
gjbruny
4/9/2017 9:31am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2017 9:35am
been a reed fan since about 2010ish.... i'll be 42 at the end of the month so as he has aged, i have found myself pulling for him more and more to the point that he has been one of my favorites the last few years.

now.... after hearing your interview, JT's comments, and several other interviews AND watching the race last week, i really have lost a ton of respect for the guy and see that he hasn't changed much since his early days.

in your interview he does make some great points about gallager as well as admitting that he understands why Dungey said what he said and "would have done the same thing himself."

but for god sakes..... just admit that he was pissed off, at what we all know he had heard, about the podium speech and acted like a dick..... like many, if not most all of us would do when we feel like being a little vengeful. he would have at least saved a little face and i think many if not all of us could have related to having acted like a dick at one time or another.

the beef i have is that we ALL know he knew ryan was right there.... it caused him to push so hard that he couldn't hang on to the bike after the 3 laps and almost wadded it right before the over/under at which point he finally pulled over. he BASICALLY ADMITTED that he had heard about the podium speech in your interview where he blatantly lied in others stating that he "didn't have any video feeds" because they were indoors in the pits and couldn't receive them (what a load of crap.... his phone was probably blowing up.

the fact that chad couldn't/can't admit that he was just pissed and purposely held up dungey is what has many people disgusted with him after the fact. would/will people have been pissed at the decisions he made?... of course... but... he could just be a man and admit what he did vs. acting like the victim.

the interviews last night, including this one, did more for me to dislike him and/or his attitude even more than the actual incident.

grow some god damn'd balls and man up, Chad

The Shop

Chugger
4/9/2017 9:32am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2017 9:36am
That fella's not fair dinkum, bro's a dunny rat with a dead dingos donger of a personality. I'm becoming more of a fan......
JayBraap19
4/9/2017 9:36am
davistld01 wrote:
You know...either Chad is so full of shit that his eyes are dark brown, or he really didn't mean to do it. Hard to tell. I...
You know...either Chad is so full of shit that his eyes are dark brown, or he really didn't mean to do it. Hard to tell. I think his reaction to Dungey hollering at him & gesturing to him after he pulled off, and Reed's leaving the stadium so soon says a lot. I believe, whether Chad was 100% malicious in his impeding Dungey...he knew how it would be perceived.
I have to agree. Chad is a smart guy, and I think hes just trying to smooth talk his way out of this. He knew he got caught up in the heat of the moment, and he knew what was coming to him, so he prepared his best defense and is going to stick to it while trying to dissipate the heat elsewhere. The fact that he said it was hard to get out of the race line without basically giving up on your own battle (you were in 16th, not battling for 5th) is a complete giveaway that hes lying through his teeth as he goes. It would have taken him one corner to lay up at the top of the berm and let Ryan by before returning to his race, and cost him maybe 1-2 seconds.
JayBraap19
4/9/2017 9:38am
gjbruny wrote:
been a reed fan since about 2010ish.... i'll be 42 at the end of the month so as he has aged, i have found myself pulling...
been a reed fan since about 2010ish.... i'll be 42 at the end of the month so as he has aged, i have found myself pulling for him more and more to the point that he has been one of my favorites the last few years.

now.... after hearing your interview, JT's comments, and several other interviews AND watching the race last week, i really have lost a ton of respect for the guy and see that he hasn't changed much since his early days.

in your interview he does make some great points about gallager as well as admitting that he understands why Dungey said what he said and "would have done the same thing himself."

but for god sakes..... just admit that he was pissed off, at what we all know he had heard, about the podium speech and acted like a dick..... like many, if not most all of us would do when we feel like being a little vengeful. he would have at least saved a little face and i think many if not all of us could have related to having acted like a dick at one time or another.

the beef i have is that we ALL know he knew ryan was right there.... it caused him to push so hard that he couldn't hang on to the bike after the 3 laps and almost wadded it right before the over/under at which point he finally pulled over. he BASICALLY ADMITTED that he had heard about the podium speech in your interview where he blatantly lied in others stating that he "didn't have any video feeds" because they were indoors in the pits and couldn't receive them (what a load of crap.... his phone was probably blowing up.

the fact that chad couldn't/can't admit that he was just pissed and purposely held up dungey is what has many people disgusted with him after the fact. would/will people have been pissed at the decisions he made?... of course... but... he could just be a man and admit what he did vs. acting like the victim.

the interviews last night, including this one, did more for me to dislike him and/or his attitude even more than the actual incident.

grow some god damn'd balls and man up, Chad
bingo.
APerry151
4/9/2017 9:45am
Chad appealed the penalty... if you want him to admit to any wrongdoing publicly you're gonna be disappointed.
Crush
4/9/2017 9:46am
I feel like most of the posters in here could do well to watch 7:30-7:34
Chugger
4/9/2017 9:48am
Crush wrote:
I don't think any of us give a shit.
Crush
4/9/2017 9:49am
Crush wrote:
Chugger wrote:
Awful lot of responses saying otherwise.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
4/9/2017 9:51am
Crush wrote:
I didn't give a shit, then I thought, oh well, it's only 4 seconds, I'll watch it. Boy am I sorry I did...

dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
im sure theres some truth when he said this.. "carlos was trying to hit me with the pit board"
Hut
Crush wrote:
They sure spend a lot of time and energy not giving a shit.....lol
Chugger
4/9/2017 9:54am
Crush wrote:
Chugger wrote:
Crush wrote:
That 'Minge'* doesn't give a shit.

*Successful
Calihusky
4/9/2017 9:54am
This was a total opportunity to try to put this to rest but instead he denies everything and shifts it to Dungey being frustrated. Then he says he doesn't accept the penalty and it may not be over? What is with the inability to just own up to something and move on?
HenryA
4/9/2017 9:57am
"Carlos almost hit me with the pitboard!!!"

Boo hoo.....
beamer
4/9/2017 9:59am
I don't think I've seen anybody deflect blame as much as this guy. Whether it be about this, or bike setup (there was a comment about knowing what is wrong with his season in this clip), its ridiculous. I've never been a fan of the guy, and am even less so know after watching. Please retire and let someone else deserving have a shot at those resources!
Mini Elsinore
4/9/2017 10:16am
GuyB wrote:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Chad-Reed,15438/GuyB,64 Oh, and for the record, he says he doesn't read Vital. It's okay, Chad, we still love you. :)

Oh he reads it. He reads everything that mentions him. Control freaks do that....Cool
Ozy
4/9/2017 11:03am
I read all the replies and realized I'm at a complete disadvantage because I don't know how to read minds like some of you guys do. Where do I go to learn this amazing skill?
Mini Elsinore
4/9/2017 11:09am
Ozy wrote:
I read all the replies and realized I'm at a complete disadvantage because I don't know how to read minds like some of you guys do...
I read all the replies and realized I'm at a complete disadvantage because I don't know how to read minds like some of you guys do. Where do I go to learn this amazing skill?
Don't you have some Team22 tableclothes to iron?
Stay focused!
Shocked
ttugrad1793
4/9/2017 11:51am
meh - a blip in what will go down as one of the greatest careers in this sport. Can we move on now?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
4/9/2017 12:38pm
davistld01 wrote:
You know...either Chad is so full of shit that his eyes are dark brown, or he really didn't mean to do it. Hard to tell. I...
Reed made eye contact with Dungey after the race in STL and gave a hand gesture back to Dungey right after Dungey gave him his hand gesture. Reed knew exactly what he was doing. He's as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. He's being an ef'ing whiner.
APLMAN99
4/9/2017 12:51pm
That could serve as a job interview to replace Sean Spicer.........
kiwifan
4/9/2017 1:00pm
ok so I watched the video...sigh...and...ah who cares...my opinion doesnt count....whats done is done
scooter5002
4/9/2017 1:13pm
No Steve, I don't, but thanks anyway.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
4/9/2017 1:26pm
last time he got black flagged he complained that they did it to quick and that it should be retroactive so people can look at it and not make a heat of the moment decision,

they did that this time, and now he says that Gallagher doesn't like him, and that its not fair and it should be a panel,

heres a thought, stop doing dumb shit, and you wont get penalized,
FolkLoar
4/9/2017 1:52pm
No wonder Chad won't retire, he still acts like he's 22.
4/9/2017 1:53pm
Been a fan of Chad since he challenged
Pichon in the 2001 GP season. I've always rooted for the guy.

I had to hear this interview before
I could make up my mind. For me personally this has tarnished his career and makes me re-visit the past a bit...every time he complained.

What he did was almost as bad as the Marquez on Rossi incident. What makes it even worse is his having been in that title on the line position himself, so he knew better than anyone else on the track that night. And now he effectively denies any wrong doing? I've lost a lot of respect for the guy.

Oh...and watch how Weimer, who Reed was battling, let both leaders through..and lost hardly any time in the process. Im calling BS on his answer.
M-M
4/9/2017 2:11pm
Why is the race director getting tips from online sources? Pretty much bullshit.

Post a reply to: You want to know what Chad thinks about St. Louis, the penalty, etc?

The Latest