You know what was underrated about RC?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2022 10:30 AM

His whips. Dude could throw down.

You just don’t see guys throwing it sideways in the races these days. I blame the Ryan’s.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/12/2022 10:45 AM

Bam is about the only current guy I can think of willing to put his life on the line when he whips it haha

|

Remember him at the New Orleans Supercross as #70 whipping it like in the last pic. Got pics somewhere.

|

The Oakley poster picture is unmatched IMO.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

1/12/2022 10:51 AM

Buckland wrote:

Bam is about the only current guy I can think of willing to put his life on the line when he whips it haha

Speaking of Barcia...

RC
Photo

Barcia
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/12/2022 11:01 AM

Buckland wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Speaking of Barcia...

RC
Photo

Barcia
Photo

Damn cool shop

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/12/2022 11:03 AM

Was thinking that the other day.. part of what made mc so popular was his finish line nac nacs.... they became his signature move.... nobody on the line today has a signature move ...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/12/2022 11:08 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Was thinking that the other day.. part of what made mc so popular was his finish line nac nacs.... they became his signature ...more

Marv has the heel clicker but he can’t seem to win anymore.

|

1/12/2022 11:10 AM

You are right about his whips.

1. I saw him whip it on a 125 in Pontiac one time we were all sure he wouldn't make the bike come back around, was spectacular.

2. Didn't he can-can once on a downhill jump at Millville while leading and eat it...?

|

1/12/2022 11:11 AM

Interestingly, the second photo where he’s next to MC, Ricky admitted he didn’t intend to throw it that far!

It was a parade lap and he approached the triple intending to throw it a little but the face of the take off had been watered and was as greasy AF.

He admitted that in this picture, he is shittin himself!
I think he spoke about it on his WT episode.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

1/12/2022 11:13 AM

I was in the Silverdome when the epic Oakley ad picture was shot. I remember him whipping it and the place was going nuts.

|

1/12/2022 11:13 AM

Buckland wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Speaking of Barcia...

RC
Photo

Barcia
Photo

This is top notch!

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

1/12/2022 11:20 AM

McG194 wrote:

I was in the Silverdome when the epic Oakley ad picture was shot. I remember him whipping it and the place was going nuts.

Would that have been in 97? If so, I was there too. My first SX race and was blown away by his bike control in the air.

|

1/12/2022 11:21 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Damn cool shop

Came across it early last year. The pic of Barcia is from the 2021 Houston 3 SX.

Whip sequence.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/12/2022 11:21 AM

Underrated, his status outside of motorcycling. His career is comparable to Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods IMO.

|

1/12/2022 11:43 AM

Im all for bringing the whips back. I was happy to kenny point to the crowd on the last rythm.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

1/12/2022 11:48 AM

Ramrod wrote:

You are right about his whips.

1. I saw him whip it on a 125 in Pontiac one time we were all sure he wouldn't make the bike ...more

Yes I remember seeing that clip. I think I saw it on Fox’s chapter one. He probably got up and still won.

|

1/12/2022 11:55 AM

RC whipped it so hard at Atlanta as a rookie, everybody in the place gasped. It got quiet for a second.

|

1/12/2022 12:06 PM

His career as an announcer?

|

1/12/2022 1:05 PM

Too bad Deegan’s winning celebration didn’t catch on with more frequent winners.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

1/12/2022 1:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2022 1:12 PM

Man it's been so long since they raced you forget just how good these guys where in their day, I went back and watched some 04/05/06 era SX and it's fucking amazing RC/CR/JS like fuck there has been noting like that since.

|

1/12/2022 1:16 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Speaking of Barcia...

RC
Photo

Barcia
Photo

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Damn cool shop

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Came across it early last year. The pic of Barcia is from the 2021 Houston 3 SX.

Whip sequence.

Photo
Photo
Photo

Remember Ironman 2020?

|

1/12/2022 1:40 PM

lisenbyjacob wrote:

Remember Ironman 2020?

|

1/12/2022 2:12 PM

What about Bogle? He seems to be the one stylin the most.. regardless of position!

|

1/12/2022 5:13 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

2009 Legends Race

Photo
|

1/12/2022 5:24 PM

The legendary Pontiac whip was in 1998 when he won his 1st 125SX title. And I believe it was actually after the race was over on a victory lap.

Yeah, victory laps...remember those?

|

Powerband in every gear !

1/12/2022 5:30 PM

Photo
Photo

I took these back in the day.
|

1/12/2022 6:43 PM

Most underrated part of RC IMO was his line selection.

People talk about his fitness, will, he’s a hammerhead etc… he was so often 6 inches to the left or right of where the problems were, the way he drew lines up was superb. Still get a kick out of watching him outdoors, just awesome.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/12/2022 6:48 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Whip sequence.

Photo
Photo
Photo

lisenbyjacob wrote:

Remember Ironman 2020?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I know this is an RC thread, but watching Barcia at Ironman in 2020 was my favorite performance of the 2020 outdoor title. He looked like he was having so much fun out there.

|

1/12/2022 10:00 PM

I personally want the damn riders to celebrate more over the triples and have some showman ship when winning or in the top 3.

After all it is a show.

With that said, it did die with villo and Dungey... like 100% died.

Hopefully one of them reads this and says hellyeah and starts bringing it back.

I'll never forget my first time seeing Ricky whip in the Georgia dome, with #70 on... I thought he was going to crash but he flat landed that shit... was so badass.

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"