You guys remember Tomac and dungey?

level
Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 10:28am
How many times did Tomac try and take dungey out in Vegas? Kept slowing up and trying to put him on the ground? That was shady shit. Could of ruined his championship right there.
No doubt marvins pass was dirty but Tomac isn’t no saint.
|
Oldstyle
Fantasy
484th
4/23/2018 2:13pm
Meh... tomac tried to hold him up, really could have punted him if he wanted. Coming from a Tomac fan who doesn't really have an issue with the Marvin move.... aggressive yes but I don't think Marv is dirty
500guy
4/23/2018 2:15pm
If I hit you "rubbins racin" if you hit me "Dirty SOB"
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 2:25pm
level wrote:
How many times did Tomac try and take dungey out in Vegas? Kept slowing up and trying to put him on the ground? That was shady...
How many times did Tomac try and take dungey out in Vegas? Kept slowing up and trying to put him on the ground? That was shady shit. Could of ruined his championship right there.
I've seen this a few times, and chuckle when I see it.

I think if Eli was actually trying to take out Dungey in Vegas, he would have done it. They were racing for a championship in the final round of the season. Was he racing him hard? Yes. Was it over the line dirty? Not in my view.
deluxeman
4/23/2018 2:28pm
If Tomac had actually punted Dungey, he would have been hanged at dawn from a tall tree, and he knew it. He tried to force Ryan into a mistake but Dungey is far smarter that Eli.

Eli is no saint and I think he whines too much, but he really didn't try to wreck Ryan. He knew better........

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/23/2018 2:30pm
If he was trying to put Dungey on the ground, he would have. He tried to push Dungey into a mistake for the title, which didn't work. It's not like Tomac put Dungey on the ground, so I just don't understand why so many are trying to compare the two.
kb228
4/23/2018 2:35pm
Dude he was stopping dungey. Not trying to take him out. Dungey said it was okay and that he agreed with the move. Get over it.

Marv admitted fault in the eli takeout, eli knew its wrong, AMA took note of it.

Its over brah relax
akillerwombat
4/23/2018 2:38pm
There is a huge difference between being in front of a guy and trying to hold him up vs dive bombing a corner (across all racing lines) full well knowing the guy you're passing won't see it coming.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/23/2018 3:20pm

Hmm, this doesn't seem to be the racing line Whistling

But it's ok because he wasn't totally trying to take him out, just force him into a mistake
akillerwombat
4/23/2018 3:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 3:33pm
yak651 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/23/257164/s1200_s1200_1.jpg[/img] Hmm, this doesn't seem to be the racing line :whistle: But it's ok because he wasn't totally trying to take him out, just force him...

But it's ok because he wasn't totally trying to take him out, just force him into a mistake
Different angle:

... it'd say thats a pretty generous amount of a "heads up I'm coming in" distance for any pass.

Even more so when you compare it to this...

Based on that photo, had Tomac seen Marvin coming in (which he would have done at pretty much the moment captured), there is literally no option for Tomac to do anything to avoid a crash. Don't get me wrong, I like Marvin, but he basically tried to throw his bike in front of Tomac, on purpose, accident (not predicting Tomac's line choice), brain fart, or what ever... it's a pretty dick move.
BikerScars
4/23/2018 3:31pm

ET let RD by a couple times only to try to run him down or off the track. IMHO, if you are making aggressive moves that do not directly move you up in positions towards checked flag, it's dirty.

By contrast that same day the 250 main was one of the best I have seen. Osborne was aggressive but solely to advance track positions. Yes I know the AMA did not agree and fined Osborne, but the AMA is bipolar, and that probably speaks to the greater problem. As ET says; "Where do you draw the line?" . I don't think there is a consistent answer or consensus.
olds cool
4/23/2018 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 3:39pm
yak651 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/23/257164/s1200_s1200_1.jpg[/img] Hmm, this doesn't seem to be the racing line :whistle: But it's ok because he wasn't totally trying to take him out, just force him...

That's a mirror image image of the scenario this past weekend with the color of the bikes switched and the fact that the two in this pic are turning left instead of right (which actually makes it a mirror image but I digress). Anyhoo, my take is the guy who left the inside open in this pic is better at anticipating and dealing with what is going on immediately around him than the guy who left the inside open in the right hand turn in Patriotville. Wink
yak651
Fantasy
214th
4/23/2018 3:47pm
yak651 wrote:

Different angle: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/23/257166/s1200_Screen_Shot_2018_04_23_at_3.25.01_PM.jpg[/img] ... it'd say thats a pretty generous amount of a "heads up I'm coming in" distance for any pass. Even more so when...
Different angle:

... it'd say thats a pretty generous amount of a "heads up I'm coming in" distance for any pass.

Based on that photo, had Tomac seen Marvin coming in (which he would have done at pretty much the moment captured), there is literally no option for Tomac to do anything to avoid a crash. Don't get me wrong, I like Marvin, but he basically tried to throw his bike in front of Tomac, on purpose, accident (not predicting Tomac's line choice), brain fart, or what ever... it's a pretty dick move.
I'm not seeing much more heads up, RD is already turning down and in the words of Tomac fans Eli is "going the wrong way". Just like politics, you aren't going to change anyone's opinion of what they think is right or wrong, just find it funny that everyone sees "their way" as clear as black vs white, no grey area...
dboivin
4/23/2018 3:51pm
tomac can punt at will. if you guys want rubbin/racing...i hope he takes the gloves off and really starts punting guys.

his messing with dungey in vegas was kid glove stuff...stop posting these still shots...any contact was at like 2mph at best as both of them were coming to almost complete stops in the corners.

marvs was a successful torpedo. they almost both went down...marv got lucky (some call it skill)...and survived. big deal, move on. the move was almost identical to chad reeds move on JS7 at atlanta which cost both of them the win. kinda shitty but hey...it sells tickets. probably should be little more of it.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
4/23/2018 4:06pm
yak651 wrote:

Different angle: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/23/257166/s1200_Screen_Shot_2018_04_23_at_3.25.01_PM.jpg[/img] ... it'd say thats a pretty generous amount of a "heads up I'm coming in" distance for any pass. Even more so when...
Different angle:

Just pointing out that those are different corners. Look at the tuff blocks on the inside and outside
Motoxdoc
4/23/2018 4:08pm
level wrote:
How many times did Tomac try and take dungey out in Vegas? Kept slowing up and trying to put him on the ground? That was shady...
"I don't smoke cigarettes!"Huh
mxtech1
4/23/2018 4:13pm
Dungey has a good hand/voice in Marvin's program. History between Eli and Ryan spills back under the tent. Maybe we are seeing a healthy team rivalry in the making??
akillerwombat
4/23/2018 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 4:37pm
davis224 wrote:
Just pointing out that those are different corners. Look at the tuff blocks on the inside and outside
Oh shit, my bad. Thought they were the same one.

Still think it holds up as a decent example though of the differences in the passes.
joshflo
4/23/2018 4:59pm
IMO Vegas was much more strategy than dirty. The only way eli could win was if Ryan got 4th or worse right? Ryan got out front early so Eli’s only chance is to slow him down and get people to pass him. Dungey kept getting back into 2nd so eli had to keep trying to slow him down. Didn’t work out obviously but the only other options were punt dungeys ass or let him cruise to an easy 2nd. How can you blame the guy for trying?? It makes no sense to me how people can give marv a pass because “it’s for a main event win” yet label eli as dirty from less aggressive passes for a CHAMPIONSHIP. This is beating a dead horse at this point but the amount of people calling the dude a cry baby seem to forgot the amount of crying dungey and his fans did last year for much less. The hypocrisy is insane
level
4/23/2018 5:28pm
level wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I've seen this a few times, and chuckle when I see it. I think if Eli was actually trying to take out Dungey in Vegas, he...

I think if Eli was actually trying to take out Dungey in Vegas, he would have done it. They were racing for a championship in the final round of the season. Was he racing him hard? Yes. Was it over the line dirty? Not in my view.
Problem is he wasn’t racing him. He was trying to force him on the ground by playing games. Sure he never made contact really but he was trying to do something. He didn’t ride his own race. He was purposefully trying to wait on dungey to try and make him wreck. That is my issue with it. Surprised Tomac didn’t get black flagged. I didn’t think you could slow down and wait for someone else with the sole purpose of trying to get them off the track and lose spots. So I will have to disagree with ya
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/23/2018 5:30pm
level wrote:
Problem is he wasn’t racing him. He was trying to force him on the ground by playing games. Sure he never made contact really but he...
Problem is he wasn’t racing him. He was trying to force him on the ground by playing games. Sure he never made contact really but he was trying to do something. He didn’t ride his own race. He was purposefully trying to wait on dungey to try and make him wreck. That is my issue with it. Surprised Tomac didn’t get black flagged. I didn’t think you could slow down and wait for someone else with the sole purpose of trying to get them off the track and lose spots. So I will have to disagree with ya
Wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last.
level
4/23/2018 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 5:32pm
BikerScars wrote:
ET let RD by a couple times only to try to run him down or off the track. IMHO, if you are making aggressive moves that...

ET let RD by a couple times only to try to run him down or off the track. IMHO, if you are making aggressive moves that do not directly move you up in positions towards checked flag, it's dirty.

By contrast that same day the 250 main was one of the best I have seen. Osborne was aggressive but solely to advance track positions. Yes I know the AMA did not agree and fined Osborne, but the AMA is bipolar, and that probably speaks to the greater problem. As ET says; "Where do you draw the line?" . I don't think there is a consistent answer or consensus.
Exactly. That’s how I see it. He wasn’t racing him or riding his own race by advancing positions. He slowed up and kept trying to force him into a mistake. That’s way more dirty than Marvin. Marvin was going for it and had adrenaline pumping. It wasn’t calculated. Tomac was calculated.

I agree with Osborne also. I agree 100 percent everything you said and it’s how I see it.
zehn
4/23/2018 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 8:09pm
level wrote:
Problem is he wasn’t racing him. He was trying to force him on the ground by playing games. Sure he never made contact really but he...
He wasn’t “racing him” because he could’ve gapped him in no time with little effort. He didn’t need to. Tomac was just using strategy in order to maximize his chance at the title.

I would do much worse for a $1,000,000+ championship bonus.
4/23/2018 5:34pm
kb228 wrote:
Dude he was stopping dungey. Not trying to take him out. Dungey said it was okay and that he agreed with the move. Get over it...
Dude he was stopping dungey. Not trying to take him out. Dungey said it was okay and that he agreed with the move. Get over it.

Marv admitted fault in the eli takeout, eli knew its wrong, AMA took note of it.

Its over brah relax
That is not even close to what Dungey said straight after the race.
olds cool
4/23/2018 5:50pm
level wrote:
zehn wrote:
He wasn’t “racing him” because he could’ve gapped him in no time with little effort. He didn’t need to. Tomac was just using strategy in order...
He wasn’t “racing him” because he could’ve gapped him in no time with little effort. He didn’t need to. Tomac was just using strategy in order to maximize his chance at the title.

$100,000,000+??? Shocked . Hell, who wouldn't? Grinning
malachi177
4/23/2018 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2018 7:11pm
level wrote:
zehn wrote:
He wasn’t “racing him” because he could’ve gapped him in no time with little effort. He didn’t need to. Tomac was just using strategy in order...

LaughingLaughing Tomac could've gapped Ryan in no time with little effort? Ryan wasn't himself after Kenny crashed....and yet he still beat Tomac. 4sx titles for Ryan and a big old ZERO on the board for Eli.

Eli kept slowing down for Ryan to pass so he could try to clean him out. Problem is Ryan has really good balance and outsmarted Tomac every single time.

Oh, and damn....$100 mill for a SX Championship is outragious!!!!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/23/2018 7:26pm
For the record, I like Eli, Ryan, and Marv. Hell I like 99% of the riders. Don't really have a favorite.

Eli last year in Vegas was "cheap" but not "dirty". Had Eli wanted to take him out, he most certainly would have - but he didn't. And that's the bottom line. Dunge finished on 2 wheels because Eli let him. Ya he tried to bunch him up in traffic and force him into a mistake. But he didn't take him out, bottom line.

Marv's move was too aggressive IMO, but I don't think he intended for it to end up as bad as it was. I think he wanted to bang with Eli and I think he wanted the win - which I get. But it ended up being a pure take out move. Poor calculation from Marv. Just bad judgment.

All will blow over eventually. There will be some payback though at some point, mark my words.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 7:57pm
level wrote:
Well....not to start a fight here.....but I never saw Eli try and and take Ryan out. We've seen Eli take people out....and that wasn't it. It was to push Ryan back into a position where guys behind them would swallow him up.....get points.

How " gentle " can you take someone out , without actually taking them out? How about he was trying to run him off the track or slow him down so other's could get by?

Look.....guys keep going back to this and slamming Eli.....when in fact , I thought it was smart as hell....while being nice! Too nice!! He should have Osbourne'd ass! But he's too freakin nice I guess.
jeffro503
4/23/2018 7:59pm
level wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I've seen this a few times, and chuckle when I see it. I think if Eli was actually trying to take out Dungey in Vegas, he...

Damn strait Steve!
jeffro503
4/23/2018 8:01pm
yak651 wrote:

Nice try....look at the reply below yours please.

Post a reply to: You guys remember Tomac and dungey?

The Latest