You gotta be kidding me - are these welds a joke?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2018 10:12 AM

Will do .

Though, I've used it for a few years here, and in threads where you've been. It's taken you a while to object to my usage - which, I had no idea of it being your business Logo when I started using it - I found it by googling "Bear on a Bike".

|

4/30/2018 10:30 AM

I was wondering if you worked for EI.

|

"Cheezus"

4/30/2018 10:38 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

Though, I've used it for a few years here, and in threads where you've been. It's taken you a while to object to my ...more

You obviously didn’t search long. Photo

Oh wait.....that’s Bear AGAINST a bike.

|

4/30/2018 11:00 AM

Photo
|

4/30/2018 11:01 AM

^^ New style of "welder" used.

|

4/30/2018 11:01 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

Though, I've used it for a few years here, and in threads where you've been. It's taken you a while to object to my ...more

scooter5002 wrote:

You obviously didn’t search long. Photo

Oh wait.....that’s Bear AGAINST a bike.

The other half of his cigar is in his mouth.

|

4/30/2018 12:04 PM

Can you explain how you know this?

|

4/30/2018 12:22 PM

Nowadays, you've got to be careful checking Bear related things on the Web, that's for sure!

I've been called Bear since my childhood.

The only people that use my real name, are my Mum and my Girlfriend - and that's usually when I'm in deep trouble with either of them.dizzy

|

4/30/2018 12:48 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Thank you for posting our new CRF450R radiators. Glad you are watching our Instagram or Facebook where we post new products.
...more

Kinda surprised that second pic was used to 'sell' the quality, because these welds here don't look good at all.

Photo

|

4/30/2018 1:03 PM

IWreckALot wrote: Photo

Photo

did you take these pics with an actual potato?

|

4/30/2018 2:38 PM

NZ272 wrote:

The soot burns off when it reaches a good preheat temp(dont ask me what), used more for tight bending than welding its a great ...more

Actually what you're describing is called annealing, where the goal is to soften the material so it may be bent without cracking. You don't need or want your aluminum that hot prior to welding

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

4/30/2018 3:14 PM

they’re $400 so I highly doubt they would be either of those

|

4/30/2018 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2018 4:05 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Its no GMX radiator...

True ... but mine didn't mount ... lol, so nothing can be perfect smile

|

4/30/2018 4:08 PM

I highly doubt it since EI is based out of Florida and MH is out of South Carolina.

|

4/30/2018 4:24 PM

good news is Brett at ICW can fix them when you have problems with them.

|

4/30/2018 4:43 PM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

Here ya go, you can use one of my old chops... Let me know if it needs to be resized?
Photo

|

4/30/2018 5:07 PM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

i got you bro

you can use this logo i 100% made myself and is completely original. nothing says moto like a fuckin' Bulldog

Photo

|

4/30/2018 5:10 PM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

EZZA 95B wrote:

Here ya go, you can use one of my old chops... Let me know if it needs to be resized?
Photo

Ya got that bear on a 1980s era factory Honda?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

4/30/2018 5:12 PM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

Thank you

Merc has passed and he was always protective of his work.
I commissioned him to create that.

|

Make sure you downvote!

4/30/2018 5:15 PM

Engine Ice has no relation with Moto Hose

I am friends with Steve at Moto Hose, but there is no business relationship other than friendship

|

Make sure you downvote!

4/30/2018 5:43 PM

peelout wrote:

i got you bro

you can use this logo i 100% made myself and is completely original. nothing says moto like a fuckin' Bulldog

...more

That bulldog is thinking about flamez, gunz, and skullz all day long.

|

4/30/2018 5:46 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

Engine Ice has no relation with Moto Hose

I am friends with Steve at Moto Hose, but there is no business relationship other ...more

Wiukd you recommend putting Engine Ice into those radiators?

|

4/30/2018 6:19 PM

Photo [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/30/258641/s1200_my_sad_life_5198.jpg[/img

heres some of my alum welds....most of the chinese radiators are mig welded alum which is why they look sloppy....
|

4/30/2018 6:20 PM

Photo
|

4/30/2018 7:09 PM

Nice work.

|

4/30/2018 7:39 PM

Looks great Nastynotch.

My welding skill is better than the photos posted by the OP and I still wouldn't weld aluminum for any of my products. The guys who know how to lay down a consistent quality bead like this remind me to stay in my area of specialty. When my customers ask for welding, I kindly refer them to one of a few trusted local guys who do top notch work. When my products take a turn toward welding, I have to hire the work out until there's enough to some day hire a guy with that kind of skill.

I make these parts for a highly skilled buddy who runs a welding and fab shop:

Photo

|

4/30/2018 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/30/2018 8:16 PM

Tryhard wrote:

Ill chime in on this , the rosebud method is a pre heat method . So since you have welded tons of cast , you know the ...more

First paragraph...

Totally understand the reason for pre-heating cast (and other metals). . . I haven"t done tons of cast welding but certainly have done enough to know what works and what doesn't. . . unfortunately with old age comes wisdom.. .

smile

(I only weld cast in a bandaid situation, I always have a new part coming as soon as I have a failure)

When tigging aluminum I have found by using the balance control and the pedal, I can get suitable penetration and strength I need for the stuff we do here. . . but... it is an art/talent that requires experience to do it well. I am no expert millwright, but I do well enough

Glad to hear you are a hard working young man with a knowledge of your trade. . that seems to be a rare thing these days. . . and thank you for your input, I like to learn from others when I can.

Cheerscool

|

4/30/2018 8:48 PM

The original pics by the OP look like something I've saw from brand new apprentice tool makers. The pics posted by Lumpy aren't bad and are probably sufficient strength wise.

The first pics would have me kicking myself if wasted 80$ on Chinese junk......if I paid 360$ I would be pretty upset.

Tigging aluminium isn't difficult, just takes practice. That first rad was welded by a new guy who needs a lot more practice.

|

5/1/2018 2:36 AM

Bearuno wrote:

Will do .

EZZA 95B wrote:

Photo

TeamGreen wrote:

Ya got that bear on a 1980s era factory Honda?

Yup, that's an idea.

My old beast is a 2002 CRE 500, which is basically a late 80s bike. With over a decade and a half of mods to suite me. That bike's too bloody modern, EZZA 95B !

I was going to say the whole no foot jump technique Pic was incorrect, but it probably looks just like a Prang I had today, going of a bloody ledge whilst I was playing 'Erzberg'. I tend to end up on my head, a bit too much, lately.

|