Yosh/Suzuki Team for 2012

Gym Briggs
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:05am
Only 1 rider for the season. Mike Webb said on pit pass radio that Suzuki told him last week. Looks like they got caught with their pants down. I think this will be Metty's best chance this year. A whole factory effort focused on him. He said next year they go back to 2 guys. Wonder who they will get.
|
11/9/2011 1:06am
perhaps they planned for 1 rider? just saying, pretty sure Suzuki could have picked somebody up if they wanted - there are a lot of fast kids/men out there who would have jumped at the chance.
StatutoryApe
11/9/2011 3:01am
Not looking to good for Suzuki, this will be the first year in a long time that they wont have a top 5 guy, or be on the podium. Nothing against Metty but in sx it's just not going to happen

The Shop

Sherwood
11/9/2011 11:33am
I wonder if they even have a team next year.
Dsigner
11/9/2011 1:08pm
Shitty Industry Sales = Less Factory Teams. Get used to it.
tbanks
11/9/2011 1:25pm
Metty is probably my second favorite rider and although I believe he has the talent to shock people this year and come from nowhere to win some races I don't think he will be close to the top 5.

He will still be king of the "B Group" running from 6th to 8th place. Maybe he will pull a podium in a mudder or something.

Sucks for Suzuki, and I really wonder how much bike sales has played a factor in this thing. I find it odd for them to have arguably the best bike for the last few years and not put a championship caliber rider on it (factory or satelitte team).
Gym Briggs
11/9/2011 1:42pm
tbanks wrote:
Metty is probably my second favorite rider and although I believe he has the talent to shock people this year and come from nowhere to win...
Metty is probably my second favorite rider and although I believe he has the talent to shock people this year and come from nowhere to win some races I don't think he will be close to the top 5.

He will still be king of the "B Group" running from 6th to 8th place. Maybe he will pull a podium in a mudder or something.

Sucks for Suzuki, and I really wonder how much bike sales has played a factor in this thing. I find it odd for them to have arguably the best bike for the last few years and not put a championship caliber rider on it (factory or satelitte team).
If you listen to the interview bike sales really don't have a ton to do with it. mike Webb even stated he would like to get back to 4 riders( 2-250/2-450). There plan wasn't to only have 1 rider. If their plan was to have 1 rider nothing against him but it wouldn't have been Metty. Webb said there are the elite 4 then after that there are a lot of the same.

This year they just got caught with their pants down. With them actively pursuing Stewie and JGR, they put Reedy on the back burner and now they have 1 guy. Metty deserves the attention he will get this year. I think it will be a make or break year for Metty. If he is going to break this group of 5 riders this will be the year. I really hope the best for him. He also stated that Yosh/Suzuki team is doing fine. Next year they will have a 2nd rider, a contender is what they want.
11/9/2011 1:49pm
i think they where trying for stew to make it a 2man team and with stew doing jgr they kinda said ehh i think we are ok maybe next year.

wont Trey and Dean be free men next year?
Gym Briggs
11/9/2011 1:55pm
i think they where trying for stew to make it a 2man team and with stew doing jgr they kinda said ehh i think we are...
i think they where trying for stew to make it a 2man team and with stew doing jgr they kinda said ehh i think we are ok maybe next year.

wont Trey and Dean be free men next year?
Barcia and Villo too I think.
layinbody31
11/9/2011 2:06pm
I'm thinking Honda will be sticking with Trey for a while...
Scooter
11/9/2011 5:36pm
Sherwood wrote:
I wonder if they even have a team next year.
Exactly! 2013 Yosh/Suzuki is the real question though.

Post a reply to: Yosh/Suzuki Team for 2012

The Latest