Yet Another Question :/

Chmewy
Alright, I have watched some videos on what to look for when buying a Dirtbike (It will be a used bike) but I wanted to ask about this a little more. Say the bike I looked at had it’s forks leaking fluid, should I fix that or pass on the bike? Also what are some issues that if I come across, to just pass on the offer to buy the bike. Like I can guess the main thing would be if the thing doesn’t start up but what are some things that if are present on the bike, I should just pass up and leave
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/31/2018 12:09pm
Listen for noise from the motor. Pay attention to how many kicks it takes for the bike to start. Put the bike on a stand and see if you can lift up on the rear wheel, if there is any play you will need new bearings either in the shock or linkage. Check the coolant before starting the bike. There's so much to look for. Look at the shock shaft for any signs of shock fluid leaking. All things you can use to knock money off of the bike. Fork seals typically cost around $165-$200 to have a shop fix and a shock is around $120-$150.
Pirate421
8/31/2018 12:40pm
When you go look at a bike before you start it put your hand on the cylinder and see if it’s warm. If it is the seller just started it and warmed it up so in theory it would be easier to start when you get there.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/31/2018 12:43pm
Pirate421 wrote:
When you go look at a bike before you start it put your hand on the cylinder and see if it’s warm. If it is the...
When you go look at a bike before you start it put your hand on the cylinder and see if it’s warm. If it is the seller just started it and warmed it up so in theory it would be easier to start when you get there.
Forgot about this one.
shuggs
8/31/2018 1:36pm
Check out airbox, someone looking after a bike properly will keep air filter in good condition

Post a reply to: Yet Another Question :/

The Latest