Yes! Ryan Sipes getting ready for The Iron Giant! (Erzberg Rodeo)

flatout111
5/9/2019 6:00pm
There's only one thing I like more than Supercross and Motocross. And that's Hard Enduro!

Ride 'em all, indeed. Love this guy. Before his stop to Hawaii, Ryan stopped by and did some training with hard enduro legend Cody Webb! Looks like the jack of all racers is getting ready to take on Karl Katoch's legendary masterpiece, The Erzberg Rodeo!

Wow. And if you guys have never watched any of Cody's Youtube videos, the dude is a beast. Glad to see Sipes if gunning for the Iron Giant!

Jarvis, Blazusiak, Lettenbichler, Walker, Young, Bolt, Webb, Sipes, Roman and even Laia Sanz. It's going to be freakin' EPIC!

|
flatout111
5/9/2019 6:32pm
Ryan Sipes
May 7 at 12:30 PM ·

Hawaiian SX this Saturday, but on my way out... gonna stop in to ride/film with this guy ??
-
You better get your head straight @codywebb2. I’m bringing the fire ✊?
-
(In reality, he’s gonna make me look like a complete beginner. But I ain’t no punk *)
-
Looking forward to learning something new. And what better way to get ready for SX than riding hard enduro, right? #duh #raceeverything @redbull

user760a
5/9/2019 8:30pm
very cool. when is Erzberg? june?
Sully
5/9/2019 9:07pm
flatout111 wrote:
There's only one thing I like more than Supercross and Motocross. And that's Hard Enduro! Ride 'em all, indeed. Love this guy. Before his stop to...
There's only one thing I like more than Supercross and Motocross. And that's Hard Enduro!

Ride 'em all, indeed. Love this guy. Before his stop to Hawaii, Ryan stopped by and did some training with hard enduro legend Cody Webb! Looks like the jack of all racers is getting ready to take on Karl Katoch's legendary masterpiece, The Erzberg Rodeo!

Wow. And if you guys have never watched any of Cody's Youtube videos, the dude is a beast. Glad to see Sipes if gunning for the Iron Giant!

Jarvis, Blazusiak, Lettenbichler, Walker, Young, Bolt, Webb, Sipes, Roman and even Laia Sanz. It's going to be freakin' EPIC!

Is Sanz gonna go hard like that dude did a few years ago, and ride her rally bike? Laughing

On-Topic: Sipes is an absolute bad ass. Barring bike problems, I don't see him not finishing Erzberg. Hopefully he can place well.
endurox
5/9/2019 9:27pm
Cody for the win at the Iron Giant this year. Good luck to Ryan.

The Shop

Sully
5/9/2019 9:40pm
endurox wrote:
Is he racing the entire WESS this year, or just Erzberg? If it's just the one race, it'll be a tall order for him to beat the guys doing the whole series.
flatout111
5/9/2019 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2019 11:52pm
endurox wrote:
Sully wrote:
Is he racing the entire WESS this year, or just Erzberg? If it's just the one race, it'll be a tall order for him to beat...
Is he racing the entire WESS this year, or just Erzberg? If it's just the one race, it'll be a tall order for him to beat the guys doing the whole series.
No, Sadly, Cody is not racing the entire WESS series. I spoke with him just yesterday. In for Erzberg, possibly Romaniacs.

Cody seems to concentrate more on the indoor stuff plus he wouldn't be on Factory KTM either as they have a full lineup of Blazusiak, Walker, Watson and Garcia. Weird that WESS runner up Manuel Lettenbichler is not with Factory KTM either. A privateer with some support. Love both Manny and his dad, Letti. Great guys!

On a side note, I have all the Throttle Entertainment hard enduro dvds... over 15 of them...(I'm friends with Throttle owner Jeff Pakosta) and I was just watching the DVD from 07 where Taddy went as a spectator to Erzberg, decided to enter and on a borrowed bike actually WON! Crazy story. Signed with Factory KTM that day and the rest is history. What a fairy tale story.

Also cool for SX fans, legend Mickey Dymond rode the Erzberg Prologue that year on his BMW Rally bike! Very cool.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/9/2019 11:54pm
I spent the day down in that gulley watching them train, Sipes is damn impressive for how quick he picks stuff up...and Cody...pfff, he makes it all look way too easy...
flatout111
5/10/2019 12:07am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2019 12:08am
Erzberg is June 1st and will be live and also on demand on Red Bull TV. I think Sipes can do well but areas like Machine, Green Hell and the nasty Karl's Diner (or Dinner) will be a rude awakening for any first timer. Sanz was there last year checking it out in preparation for this year.

Cody has a chance for a podium but it's going to be tough as it is really hard to bet against legend and multi time winner Graham Jarvis, multi time winner Jonny Walker and new kid Billy Bolt. Also, Taddy had bike issues last year but had a crazy run to finish, still. Wade Young is a beast as is the young Letti. Tons of top guys in the field.

Should be epic once again. As disgusting as Karl's Diner is, lately it has been Green Hell that has nearly ended most of the top riders races lately, even forcing the top 4 to team up to get thru it leading to a crazy finish were they banned together and agreed to cross the line at once as co-winners since it took all 4 to get thru the section. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. From 2015.
flatout111
5/10/2019 12:13am
ML512 wrote:
I spent the day down in that gulley watching them train, Sipes is damn impressive for how quick he picks stuff up...and Cody...pfff, he makes it...
I spent the day down in that gulley watching them train, Sipes is damn impressive for how quick he picks stuff up...and Cody...pfff, he makes it all look way too easy...
Man, that's killer, Michael. Sipes is so versatile. What a rider. But yeah, Cody is a beast. And he isn't even consistently one of the very top guys, either. Crazy.

My goal, in the next 5 years, is to ride Romaniacs. That would be my dream race. Hobby class, though. Smile
Stuntman949
5/10/2019 7:35am
Most versatile man on a motorcycle
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
5/10/2019 10:37am
That stuff in the video is much, much harder, but when I was a kid, we all had to ride like that to get to our riding spots. Nobody's dad brought them to the track in a truck except on racedays. Here's what my Monday-Friday ride days looked like:

-Push the bike across the street to the dirt road across from my house.. (Dad didn't like me to ride on pavement.)
-Dirt road to gravel trail to the singletrack up and over the small hill.
-Down the back hill, around the slippery boulder on an off-camber and over the logs to my buddy's driveway. 3-ft. drop off the last rock to his parking area.
-Buddy & I ride down his driveway, down his dirt road and across the highway.
-Through the Water District's dirt paths, to a track we called "Carlsbad," because it was hard and whooped-out natural terrain, like the real track of that name. Bust out a few laps before the shotgun-toting asshole or the cops arrived.
-Haul ass down the riverbed toward the riding area. During the winter, there was one foot of running water, so we'd have to stay on the riverbanks. However, you had to cross somewhere, so we learned how to make a water crossing. I'm fortunate I never fell in, but my socks sure got wet.
-Across another highway to "The Pits." It was a chewed-up massacre of a practice area, with square-edges, loose DG on top of hardpack, and blue-grooved jump faces. There were about a dozen of us MX racers in my town and any or all of them would be there on a given day. It was like a mini-national and we all got faster by the nature of competition.
-Do it all in reverse to get back home, carrying whatever injuries or broken bike parts you might sustain during the day.
-Repeat tomorrow.

Maybe you guys back East still have to ride like that but it sure seems there's less of it happening out here.

Post a reply to: Yes! Ryan Sipes getting ready for The Iron Giant! (Erzberg Rodeo)

The Latest