Yamaha should really consider making a 300 two stroke enduro

Moto Mofo
6/7/2019 6:45pm
Way cool TM, Herb. Have wished to find one of those for years now.

The Shop

6/7/2019 8:17pm
I have a 2016 YZ 250 x and love it, but was waiting for a new YZ 300 e start Yamaha. Nothing, bikes going up for...
I have a 2016 YZ 250 x and love it, but was waiting for a new YZ 300 e start Yamaha. Nothing, bikes going up for sell and most likely buying a KTM 300.

Not much to say about KTM after this!

6/7/2019 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2019 8:29pm
I have a 2016 YZ 250 x and love it, but was waiting for a new YZ 300 e start Yamaha. Nothing, bikes going up for...
I have a 2016 YZ 250 x and love it, but was waiting for a new YZ 300 e start Yamaha. Nothing, bikes going up for sell and most likely buying a KTM 300.

Overall KTM is ok, but you have invested $7k roughly and the "Logical thing to do is upgrade not spend another $8/9 K on a Pumpkin/Halloween Bike! For $900 you could have 2-Stroke State of the Art Engine!

Check out the 2-Stroke Nationals Video, that is an ESR 325, number 805 in 2nd.

https://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/product-p/yz325.ceo.cylinder.kit-…

6/7/2019 8:38pm
Best bike in the world! New Jet 165 Main, 42 Pilot.

I will never, repeat never go back to a 250 after riding a ESR 325.

Some day we will ride, 350 or 400 2-Strokes, that cost little to maintain beacause the Engines don't work very hard.

BIGGEST BREAK THOUGH IN TWO STOKES IN OVER 50 YEARS
NO MORE DECIDING WITCH PORT JOB THIS CYLINDER DOES IT ALL NEW PISTON AND HEAD DESIGN
NOTHING COMES CLOSE. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST RUNNING 325 YAMAHA

THE CYLINDER IS PORTED FOR TOP END BUT STILL HAS GOOD BOTTOM END ( WIDE POWER BAND )

RECOMMENDED PIPES ESR YZ PIPE
REED V FORCE OR ESR
INSTALLATION IS JUST LIKE DOING A TOP END REBUILD

TEXT THIS PHONE IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RETURN CALL ABOUT THIS CYLINDER 805-440-1063
user760a
6/8/2019 7:17am
user760a wrote:
Of course they should build a 300 two stroke. They should also build a 350 four stroke. Both would sell like mad. Just ask KTM Of...
Of course they should build a 300 two stroke. They should also build a 350 four stroke. Both would sell like mad. Just ask KTM

Of course they won't. The Japanese only know how to play follow the leader with each other. It is as if they don't really even pay attention to what the market is doing and what people want: they are too focused on thinking well inside the box
Tuna wrote:
No they are focused on following their very successful business models. Mind boggling how so many people on this forum don’t understand the basics of business...
No they are focused on following their very successful business models. Mind boggling how so many people on this forum don’t understand the basics of business 101.
Too bad the dumbasses at KTM did not follow the same wonderful business model. KTM could be blowing out unsold bikes at fire sale prices every year the way the japanese do. LOL Instead they are focused on what the consumer wants and selling scads of 300/350 bikes , which sell themselves very quickly and command premium prices.

. Thank god the japanese are going to stick to what works LOL LOL LOL have you been to a closed course off road race lately? Looked around at the literally hundreds of orange and white bikes as compared to a handful of yellow, green and red bikes? I am guessing the answer is no.

"very successful business model"

lol suzuki is swirling around the drain and releasing its 2008 models warmed over a little, year after year....great success!!
BobPA
6/8/2019 7:27am Edited Date/Time 6/9/2019 2:35am
The counterbalancer in the KTM’s are a game changer. It is absolutely unbelievable how smooth the orange/white bikes are. YZ250’s do not vibrate too bad, but if you ride them back to back, the difference is substantial. I rode my friends YZ250X a descent amount the last few times we rode....and it is an excellent bike, you really cannot go wrong with either.
Tuna
6/8/2019 12:29pm
user760a wrote:
Of course they should build a 300 two stroke. They should also build a 350 four stroke. Both would sell like mad. Just ask KTM Of...
Of course they should build a 300 two stroke. They should also build a 350 four stroke. Both would sell like mad. Just ask KTM

Of course they won't. The Japanese only know how to play follow the leader with each other. It is as if they don't really even pay attention to what the market is doing and what people want: they are too focused on thinking well inside the box
Tuna wrote:
No they are focused on following their very successful business models. Mind boggling how so many people on this forum don’t understand the basics of business...
No they are focused on following their very successful business models. Mind boggling how so many people on this forum don’t understand the basics of business 101.
user760a wrote:
Too bad the dumbasses at KTM did not follow the same wonderful business model. KTM could be blowing out unsold bikes at fire sale prices every...
Too bad the dumbasses at KTM did not follow the same wonderful business model. KTM could be blowing out unsold bikes at fire sale prices every year the way the japanese do. LOL Instead they are focused on what the consumer wants and selling scads of 300/350 bikes , which sell themselves very quickly and command premium prices.

. Thank god the japanese are going to stick to what works LOL LOL LOL have you been to a closed course off road race lately? Looked around at the literally hundreds of orange and white bikes as compared to a handful of yellow, green and red bikes? I am guessing the answer is no.

lol suzuki is swirling around the drain and releasing its 2008 models warmed over a little, year after year....great success!!
Still don’t get it do you? So clearly reading and business are not your strong suits. The Japanese companies, even Suzuki are diverse. Very Diverse. Much more so than KTM. Get it now?
user760a
6/8/2019 4:18pm
Tuna wrote:
user760a wrote:
Too bad the dumbasses at KTM did not follow the same wonderful business model. KTM could be blowing out unsold bikes at fire sale prices every...

Tuna wrote:
Still don’t get it do you? So clearly reading and business are not your strong suits. The Japanese companies, even Suzuki are diverse. Very Diverse. Much...
Still don’t get it do you? So clearly reading and business are not your strong suits. The Japanese companies, even Suzuki are diverse. Very Diverse. Much more so than KTM. Get it now?
Ah there is a douchbag in every thread it seems. So your brilliant explanation of the lack of diversity in off road model offerings is that the japanese companies are diverse? your intellect is clearly way more than I can handle lol Get it?

flatout111
6/9/2019 6:44pm
Here's a great example of why very few people ride Yamaha's in hard enduro. Sure you can massage it and put a kit on but with no E start, at a race like Romaniacs, for example, you are going to struggle. Case in point. Blake Gutzuit, son of South African enduro star Jade Gutzuit, did an amazing 12th overall on a Yamaha YZ250 at Romaniacs. The only Japanese brand even remotely near the top. But man, watch this video. He does great and yeah, the YZ kicks over easy but you really feel for the guy having to constantly kick it over and it actually lugs and doesn't stall easy so that's good. But man, yeah, need that button in hard enduro.

This was from Red Bull Romaniacs 2018. He's on a Husky this year.

Can't embed again. Sometimes it lets me and sometimes it doesn't.

https://youtu.be/w7OijyKWsuA

Broseph
6/9/2019 9:04pm
Best bike in the world! New Jet 165 Main, 42 Pilot. I will never, repeat never go back to a 250 after riding a ESR 325...
Best bike in the world! New Jet 165 Main, 42 Pilot.

I will never, repeat never go back to a 250 after riding a ESR 325.

Some day we will ride, 350 or 400 2-Strokes, that cost little to maintain beacause the Engines don't work very hard.

BIGGEST BREAK THOUGH IN TWO STOKES IN OVER 50 YEARS
NO MORE DECIDING WITCH PORT JOB THIS CYLINDER DOES IT ALL NEW PISTON AND HEAD DESIGN
NOTHING COMES CLOSE. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST RUNNING 325 YAMAHA

THE CYLINDER IS PORTED FOR TOP END BUT STILL HAS GOOD BOTTOM END ( WIDE POWER BAND )

RECOMMENDED PIPES ESR YZ PIPE
REED V FORCE OR ESR
INSTALLATION IS JUST LIKE DOING A TOP END REBUILD

TEXT THIS PHONE IF YOU WOULD LIKE A RETURN CALL ABOUT THIS CYLINDER 805-440-1063
RIP thread
mx_563
6/10/2019 11:02am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2019 11:02am
JM485 wrote:
I’m curious what you guys don’t like about the EVO. I liked the change a lot and felt like it did better in harder conditions. Interestingly...
I’m curious what you guys don’t like about the EVO. I liked the change a lot and felt like it did better in harder conditions. Interestingly enough, I know some of the IRC guys and they didn’t actually change the rubber compound, the tires are just made in a more humid environment now and that’s what’s causing the slightly softer feel.
Maybe I'm just imagining it but in my experience, the EVO seems to wear faster.
Tuna
6/10/2019 6:40pm
JM485 wrote:
I’m curious what you guys don’t like about the EVO. I liked the change a lot and felt like it did better in harder conditions. Interestingly...
I’m curious what you guys don’t like about the EVO. I liked the change a lot and felt like it did better in harder conditions. Interestingly enough, I know some of the IRC guys and they didn’t actually change the rubber compound, the tires are just made in a more humid environment now and that’s what’s causing the slightly softer feel.
mx_563 wrote:
Maybe I'm just imagining it but in my experience, the EVO seems to wear faster.
It wears faster, it’s not the same tire. More humid environment sounds like some hilarious bullshit.

Post a reply to: Yamaha should really consider making a 300 two stroke enduro

The Latest