Yamaha YZ300 2 Stroke - Wish

KGAspeed
1/26/2018 2:29pm
mx_563 wrote:
Next you'll be wanting an e-start YZ300.... oh wait... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/26/240467/s1200_imageproxy.jpg[/img]
Next you'll be wanting an e-start YZ300....

oh wait...

I guess thats nice, but take a close look how well-integrated the latest KTM / Husky design is, and this is ... a heavy looking attempt.

I love the YZ250, but like someone said above, they are missing what I feel is a big market segment with the off-road riders and racers. You'll always get the guys that love-to-hate KTM and will always stick to the Japanese brands.
philG
1/26/2018 2:37pm
TM300 .. great bike.
agn5009
1/26/2018 2:43pm
TJMX947 wrote:
I rode a 2013 KTM 300 XC a couple of years ago and it was a turd. Hopped on my buddy's 2014 250SX and it felt...
I rode a 2013 KTM 300 XC a couple of years ago and it was a turd. Hopped on my buddy's 2014 250SX and it felt like a fighter jet in a back to back comparison. I suppose if you get a 300 SX it will be similar. If my only option was to ride a 300 XC I'd probably just take up mountain biking.
agn5009 wrote:
Something was horribly wrong with that bike then. This is the dumbest most unintelligent thing I've ever heard.
JW381 wrote:
Lmao wow bro.
I may have been a little forward with that response and I apologize but man.... Saying he would never ride again if he had to ride a 300 XC? It's a great bike and can be tuned to do essentially anything. Adjust that power valve to your liking depending what kind of riding you're doing and it runs great.

Now the suspension is a little different. I'll be the first to say the forks suck and are almost unrideable.
txjcfsr
1/27/2018 8:14am
Rockinar wrote:
If you have gained so much weight that the 250 is not enough, maybe use that as motivation to hit the gym and shed some pounds...
If you have gained so much weight that the 250 is not enough, maybe use that as motivation to hit the gym and shed some pounds instead of buying bigger pants? Thats how up end up with front butt.
Ok wiseass, here is a suggestion for you....how about you use your incomplete, unintelligible sentence as motivation for getting educated enough to communicate properly on a website forum? That is how you end up with posts that don't make sense.

For the rest of you posters, I really appreciate the positive, constructive comments and information. Really good to communicate with mature, knowledgable riders with suggestions.

Thanks!

The Shop

cable
1/27/2018 8:47am
agn5009 wrote:
Something was horribly wrong with that bike then. This is the dumbest most unintelligent thing I've ever heard.
JW381 wrote:
Lmao wow bro.
hyler199 wrote:
ya agree with AGN on that one haha Even a properly tuned stock 300-XCW cant be described as a turd, it runs a bit different than...
ya agree with AGN on that one haha Even a properly tuned stock 300-XCW cant be described as a turd, it runs a bit different than lets say my 2013 sx250 "fighter jet" but still plenty of pep. Seems like it wasnt running right at all lol
I had a 520 ktm for awhile. I always thought it was boring.. out front all the time. I passed a buddy in a race once on a straightaway.. dude, what happened did you hit neutral? No, i was Wide open 4th gear! lol sometimes the best bike feel slow..traction/tractability
Bearuno
1/27/2018 8:56am
KGAspeed wrote:
I guess thats nice, but take a close look how well-integrated the latest KTM / Husky design is, and this is ... a heavy looking attempt...
I guess thats nice, but take a close look how well-integrated the latest KTM / Husky design is, and this is ... a heavy looking attempt.

I love the YZ250, but like someone said above, they are missing what I feel is a big market segment with the off-road riders and racers. You'll always get the guys that love-to-hate KTM and will always stick to the Japanese brands.
It looks like a very well made aftermarket item. I think it was made in South Africa.

As for KTMs 2t Electric Start - well, they had the crude, highly problematic 'home garage' set up from around 2008, up until the properly integrated one on the new 2017 250 / 300 engine.

They milked the old engine and the 'add on' ES for all they could. Good business sense, whilst they brought out at least 9 new 4t singles in the time that older engine existed - but I've seen an endless succession of people having problems with it. Enough so that, even when I had taken the time to machine a sidecover for my 500 to take the KTM set up, I mothballed it. Trouble is, I then wasted damned near $3000 AUD on the Panthera kit.
1/27/2018 9:00am
OP,
If I were just doing Moto I’d get a TM 300 ,KTM 250 SX with B.B. kit or Big Bore a YZ at a reputable shop.
If you were say, wanting great all around bikes I would look at what bikes were stated above. I would also add:
-Sherco SC300
-Gas Gas XC300
-Beta 300RR

My .02
HackMan162
1/27/2018 9:28am
IN my opinion, 265cc is the sweet spot if you really like the 250 two-stroke. The piston weight is the same (or less) than stock and the power characteristics remain the same as the 250. FOr your YZ, hit up Derek Harris at HP Performance. HE will make you a motor that will put a huge smile on your face, and let you take every turn a gear higher than you do now.
nytsmaC
1/27/2018 10:22am
TM agrees with your sentiment, they offer this model just for you. You can buy a YZ or KTM and mod them, or buy one of these which is designed to be exactly what you’re looking for. No aftermarket or mods required.

Katoomey
1/27/2018 10:25am
I've ridden so many Eric Gorr bikes and other big bore kits it's not even funny. Never once did I think they we're better than the 250's they started from. yeah, they make more power, but it' usually in the wrong spot and all of them, seriously all of them, vibrate like a 1950's washing machine.

if you won't by a KTM or a Husky for whatever completely immature and ignorant reason you may have, then you deserve to ride an outdated, over-bored, rattle trap.

I love Hondas, but i don't ride 4 strokes, so guess what, I don't buy Hondas. I buy the type of bike I want. I'd buy any of the proven brands that makes the bikes I want to ride, especially if they are the only one. Why support a company that doesn't make the products you want to buy? Just buy a KTM, or a Husky, or a Beta, or a TM, or a Sherco, or a GasGas, and spit Yamaha's dick out of your mouth for God's sake.

Post a reply to: Yamaha YZ300 2 Stroke - Wish

The Latest