Yamaha YZ250F GYTR Tuner

Vet57
11/27/2018 1:59pm
Have the 18'...wondering how effective the tuner is and is it worth the purchase? Right now bike is stock except for T4 but that could change. For those proficient using it what settings have you found best and are they noticeable? Peace!
|
Natester551v
11/27/2018 3:05pm
If you like fine tuning for different tracks they're awesome...if you're wanting a single remap just borrow one. I'm on the Preston Map now, so I'm selling mine...
CASH476
11/27/2018 3:14pm
The hour meter function is good too. Look for a second hand one at a good price.
Wildeye511
11/27/2018 7:57pm
I recently bought one and changed the mapping. Definitely made a difference. I probably will try a couple other ones just to see how they are, but I am happy with the one I am using now.

The Shop

RNagy052
11/28/2018 6:19am
If you don't already have one, I have one I could sell you. I bought it new for my 15 YZ250F, I now have a 18 YZ450F which I just use the app on my iPhone for, so I no longer need the GYTR Tuner. Yes, it is worth it, I would use different maps based on what I track I was going to be riding/racing at. Use a different map for a sand track vs, a hard pack fast track vs a track with a lot of turns and short straights. You can tell a difference when you change the map on the bike.
paulie
11/28/2018 7:36am
If you like fine tuning for different tracks they're awesome...if you're wanting a single remap just borrow one. I'm on the Preston Map now, so I'm...
If you like fine tuning for different tracks they're awesome...if you're wanting a single remap just borrow one. I'm on the Preston Map now, so I'm selling mine...
if you are selling a gytr yamaha tuner can i buy it?
MFontes1
10/1/2022 5:03pm
RNagy052 wrote:
If you don't already have one, I have one I could sell you. I bought it new for my 15 YZ250F, I now have a 18...
If you don't already have one, I have one I could sell you. I bought it new for my 15 YZ250F, I now have a 18 YZ450F which I just use the app on my iPhone for, so I no longer need the GYTR Tuner. Yes, it is worth it, I would use different maps based on what I track I was going to be riding/racing at. Use a different map for a sand track vs, a hard pack fast track vs a track with a lot of turns and short straights. You can tell a difference when you change the map on the bike.
Hey do you still have that tuner for sale?
wwdiii
10/1/2022 7:21pm
I bought a used 2014 YZ250F about 3 years back. Bought a hand held right away. I remapped, worked up an old guy map. It showed 1.5 hours on the hand held, somebody reset not long before I bought it. I was really concerned when I saw 1.5 hours. Per the previous owner hour meter locked up at 34 hrs, he said he rode it about 20 min after the hour meter broke. He even had a pic of the froze hour meter showing 34 hours. Guy I bought it from seemed to be a straight shooter.

Was a little concerned with the hand held only showing 1.5 hrs, it was reset for a reason but I didn’t know why. So I went out and bought a leak down tester to see what I really had. Leak tested at 4 percent, may have even been a tick south of 4 percent. Tight old motor best I could tell. Frame and side covers showed about 34 hrs worth of wear. But you don’t always know what ya got when you buy used.

With all that said, it’s not a bad idea to have a hand held for 2014 to 2018 YZF’s. Same for a leak down tester.
tek14
10/1/2022 11:15pm
wwdiii wrote:
I bought a used 2014 YZ250F about 3 years back. Bought a hand held right away. I remapped, worked up an old guy map. It showed...
I bought a used 2014 YZ250F about 3 years back. Bought a hand held right away. I remapped, worked up an old guy map. It showed 1.5 hours on the hand held, somebody reset not long before I bought it. I was really concerned when I saw 1.5 hours. Per the previous owner hour meter locked up at 34 hrs, he said he rode it about 20 min after the hour meter broke. He even had a pic of the froze hour meter showing 34 hours. Guy I bought it from seemed to be a straight shooter.

Was a little concerned with the hand held only showing 1.5 hrs, it was reset for a reason but I didn’t know why. So I went out and bought a leak down tester to see what I really had. Leak tested at 4 percent, may have even been a tick south of 4 percent. Tight old motor best I could tell. Frame and side covers showed about 34 hrs worth of wear. But you don’t always know what ya got when you buy used.

With all that said, it’s not a bad idea to have a hand held for 2014 to 2018 YZF’s. Same for a leak down tester.
Dont know if you can reset ecu hours but friend of mine broke ecu at 95 hours and new ecu was 0 hours of course.
MFontes1
10/2/2022 7:53am
wwdiii wrote:
I bought a used 2014 YZ250F about 3 years back. Bought a hand held right away. I remapped, worked up an old guy map. It showed...

Would you happen to know anyone selling one of the handhelds, or if you’d be willing to sell yours?
wwdiii
10/2/2022 8:25am
wwdiii wrote:

MFontes1 wrote:
Would you happen to know anyone selling one of the handhelds, or if you’d be willing to sell yours?
No more than used market is bringing in my neck of the wood, probably hang on to my 2014 YZ250F. I’d have to give it away and it’s pretty slick old scooter.

The thing I don’t like about being able to reset hours with a hand held on 2014 to 2918 YZF’s is once you set the hours to zero, the original hours are lost. I may be wrong but I’m of the opinion with the newer phone app programable ECU’s 2019 and up YZF, total hours are keep in memory.

I”d think hand helps for the older Yamaha’s would be easy to find on Facebook marketplace or eBay.

Post a reply to: Yamaha YZ250F GYTR Tuner

The Latest