Yamaha Power Tuner app

tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
I just picked up a '22 450, and was wondering if I want to revert back to a stock map after I have loaded other maps, do I just zero out all the cells and load that?
|
motoGleamer
Fantasy
522nd
6/30/2022 6:40pm
My 18 and 21 just have the stock maps listed separately. On my 18 I run the TP map which i manually entered and i have it listed and saved as its own map. If I wanted to change back to one of the stock maps I just select that one. Did they change the app for 22?

Also just for reference, none of my stock maps for either the 18 or 21 are all zeros.
Juck
Fantasy
309th
7/1/2022 5:23am
My 18 and 21 just have the stock maps listed separately. On my 18 I run the TP map which i manually entered and i have...
My 18 and 21 just have the stock maps listed separately. On my 18 I run the TP map which i manually entered and i have it listed and saved as its own map. If I wanted to change back to one of the stock maps I just select that one. Did they change the app for 22?

Also just for reference, none of my stock maps for either the 18 or 21 are all zeros.
By stock maps do you mean the maps that come pre loaded on the app? The stock map is the map that's loaded on the bike before you connect it to the app, which I'm almost certain is all zeroes.
FathomWorx_812
Fantasy
3897th
7/1/2022 6:36am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 4:00pm
My 22 450 stock maps are showing in blue on the app. I never messed with them. Any addons or playing with the profile on one of the three, I just copy it. There is a way to reset the app to stock if you mess with the stock maps and forget what they are. Hardhitting(loamy), Linear(hard pack), and Smooth Linear (slippy). were the stock maps on mine. I mostly ran Magic and Hard hitting more than any other and changed hard hitting to TP3 sometimes. I just installed an XPR Vortex so waiting for the weather to improve so I can go see what the fuss on the Vortex is about.

BTW...as mentioned above, my stock maps are all numbered and no zero's.
***correction*** if i wanted the stock map, i would make a new map, call it stock, leave it with zero’s.

You can change map to map without messing with the settings on the map. Just transfer the map to map 1 or map 2. When you upload it, it will replace the one for the other in the slot you want it.

Hope this helps,

Chad
chump6784
7/1/2022 3:02pm
The bike comes with the stock map loaded which i believe is all 0's on both settings on the button on the handle bars. The app has the additional pre loaded settings of hard hitting, smooth, linear. These are different to what comes loaded stock in the bike as I changed between them one at a time. If you want to set your settings back to what the bike shipped with then set all 0's

The Shop

tmauto769
Fantasy
1135th
7/2/2022 4:46am
chump6784 wrote:
The bike comes with the stock map loaded which i believe is all 0's on both settings on the button on the handle bars. The app...
The bike comes with the stock map loaded which i believe is all 0's on both settings on the button on the handle bars. The app has the additional pre loaded settings of hard hitting, smooth, linear. These are different to what comes loaded stock in the bike as I changed between them one at a time. If you want to set your settings back to what the bike shipped with then set all 0's
Yes, I think you and I are on the same page. So when I am loading maps now ie.. the "controlled acceleration" map or any other one I have been putting them in map 2 as to not lose the map 1(stock). But it would be nice to put a different one in the map1 spot as long as I don't lose the stock map for future use.

It's been a few years, but I believe the Honda PGMfi programmer worked this way, in that the PCM had the base map as all zeros, and +/- cells were richer/leaner or retarded/advanced. The power tuner app seems to be a dumbed down version of that in that it has a LOT less resolution.

Post a reply to: Yamaha Power Tuner app

The Latest