Yamaha Power Tuner App or Vortex - 2021 Yamaha YZ250f

mikejones202
Fantasy
3184th
Hey everyone....thinking of getting tokyo mods to do a vortex ignition for my 2021 Yamaha 250f.....only downfall would be that I can't use the power tuner app anymore. So my question is, is it worth it to spend the money on the vortex, or try to play with some maps on the tuner app?

I like on the tuner app how it shows my hours and everything like that, where I know if I get a new ECU, I will lose that function. Thanks in advance!
|
brocsdad
12/26/2020 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2020 10:22pm
Hey everyone....thinking of getting tokyo mods to do a vortex ignition for my 2021 Yamaha 250f.....only downfall would be that I can't use the power tuner...
Hey everyone....thinking of getting tokyo mods to do a vortex ignition for my 2021 Yamaha 250f.....only downfall would be that I can't use the power tuner app anymore. So my question is, is it worth it to spend the money on the vortex, or try to play with some maps on the tuner app?

I like on the tuner app how it shows my hours and everything like that, where I know if I get a new ECU, I will lose that function. Thanks in advance!
Hello,
Definitely buy the Vortex and have Twisted Development map it. It’s a little higher but Jamie’s the best. I would also run T4 fuel in the bike. I saved my Vortex off my sons 19 but we are still waiting for the 21.

Just buy an hour meter to keep track of the hours.

Good Luck!
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
12/26/2020 10:35pm
The bike will run far more crisp and will have better tuned power that you wouldnt be able to get with the tuner app. Also Twisted Development is probably the best shop to have the Vortex tuned. You can tell them your elevation, intake setup, exhaust, etc. Many say its the way to go.
Ryan625
12/26/2020 11:52pm
Leeham wrote:
The bike will run far more crisp and will have better tuned power that you wouldnt be able to get with the tuner app. Also Twisted...
The bike will run far more crisp and will have better tuned power that you wouldnt be able to get with the tuner app. Also Twisted Development is probably the best shop to have the Vortex tuned. You can tell them your elevation, intake setup, exhaust, etc. Many say its the way to go.
I keep hearing great things from Twosted. I’m tempted to go that route. Maybe you can answer two questions for me? 1) Are the new vortex ignitions bike specific, and 2) how much does one from Twisted cost?
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
12/27/2020 12:21am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2020 12:22am

The Shop

Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
12/27/2020 12:24am
Leeham wrote:
The bike will run far more crisp and will have better tuned power that you wouldnt be able to get with the tuner app. Also Twisted...
Ryan625 wrote:
I keep hearing great things from Twosted. I’m tempted to go that route. Maybe you can answer two questions for me? 1) Are the new vortex...
I keep hearing great things from Twosted. I’m tempted to go that route. Maybe you can answer two questions for me? 1) Are the new vortex ignitions bike specific, and 2) how much does one from Twisted cost?
Some bikes share the same connection but will need a remap/flash from bike to bike. The charge to map from twisted is $250 and the new ECU I think is $650-700. You can buy used ECUs but verify with Vortex if that model can be used with your machine.
brocsdad
12/27/2020 7:58pm
Leeham wrote:
Ryan625 wrote:
I keep hearing great things from Twosted. I’m tempted to go that route. Maybe you can answer two questions for me? 1) Are the new vortex...
The Vortex is bike specific.

The Vortex alone is $699 and I think the map through Twisted is around $300. It’s far superior to an exhaust system. I would also consider the DT-1 backfire screen elimination kit. If it’s too pricey No Toil makes one.
Hcallz5
12/27/2020 8:44pm
Can you still have 2 maps on the bike if you send it to someone to get mapped? Can they do a mild and wild map type thing
brocsdad
12/27/2020 9:04pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Can you still have 2 maps on the bike if you send it to someone to get mapped? Can they do a mild and wild map...
Can you still have 2 maps on the bike if you send it to someone to get mapped? Can they do a mild and wild map type thing
Yes, you can have multiple maps for different fuels, riding conditions etc. The Vortex comes with the 10 different maps but it’s best to have custom maps.
Ryan625
12/27/2020 9:18pm
brocsdad wrote:
The Vortex is bike specific. The Vortex alone is $699 and I think the map through Twisted is around $300. It’s far superior to an exhaust...

The Vortex alone is $699 and I think the map through Twisted is around $300. It’s far superior to an exhaust system. I would also consider the DT-1 backfire screen elimination kit. If it’s too pricey No Toil makes one.
I’ve read that some bikes share pins/connectors but will need remapping.

I already have the no toil kit and it’s a great product, just not billet aluminum, which no one sees anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m considering having a vortex done from Twisted, but it would be nice to know there is a chance of taking it with me to my next bike. I tend to get one every 2-4 years based on varying factors
12/28/2020 8:04am
We run the Vortex ignition on all of our race and practice bikes. RaceTech is a great option for getting the Vortex and having the mapping done. It is a very quick and relatively inexpensive mod to get a little more out of the bike.

RC
brocsdad
12/28/2020 9:02am
brocsdad wrote:
The Vortex is bike specific. The Vortex alone is $699 and I think the map through Twisted is around $300. It’s far superior to an exhaust...

Ryan625 wrote:
I’ve read that some bikes share pins/connectors but will need remapping. I already have the no toil kit and it’s a great product, just not billet...
I’ve read that some bikes share pins/connectors but will need remapping.

I already have the no toil kit and it’s a great product, just not billet aluminum, which no one sees anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m considering having a vortex done from Twisted, but it would be nice to know there is a chance of taking it with me to my next bike. I tend to get one every 2-4 years based on varying factors
With the way bikes change you may or may not be able to use it. Even if you could use it more than likely need to map it for the new model.

Post a reply to: Yamaha Power Tuner App or Vortex - 2021 Yamaha YZ250f

The Latest