Yamaha Factory Racing Announces Termination Of Sponsorship Agreement With Knich

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2018 1:57 PM

PR...

Cypress, CA - February 21, 2018 – It is with great disappointment that Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., has terminated Knich’s sponsorship agreement with Yamaha Factory Racing, effective immediately. The announcement was made by Keith McCarty, Motorsports Racing Division Manager for Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.

|

2/21/2018 1:59 PM

So they retired Millsaps and his company?

|

2/21/2018 1:59 PM

Shocker.

|

2/21/2018 2:01 PM

jpfiester82 wrote:

So they retired Millsaps and his company?

Pretty certain Millsaps retired on his own terms.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/21/2018 2:02 PM

i knew that was going to happen. that company is a joke. it doesn’t get anymore “wanna be” and amateur then that. just look at their instagram page. looks like a 10 year old runs it

|

2/21/2018 2:02 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Pretty certain Millsaps retired on his own terms.

I don't think he really had much choice but it seems like it freed up some budget for Barcia. I'm sure it was somewhat of a group decision.

|

2/21/2018 2:03 PM

So information. Much TY


|

2/21/2018 2:13 PM

I'm sure I read about what knich is but don't even care to google it.

So long, we hardly knew ya

|

2/21/2018 2:17 PM

they come and they go...I want jimmy johns back sponsoring pros...and bubba burger sponsoring more pros ..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

2/21/2018 2:19 PM

jpfiester82 wrote:

So they retired Millsaps and his company?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Pretty certain Millsaps retired on his own terms.

jpfiester82 wrote:

I don't think he really had much choice but it seems like it freed up some budget for Barcia. I'm sure it was somewhat of a group decision.

Continue and risk becoming a vegetable in the next fall or retire relatively healthy and enjoy the family/life. Easy choice to make in my opinion. Great call on his part.

As for Knich I don't know if Davi was part of it or not. I just know it was a side project of the WMG guys. I never thought it was going to go anywhere and it now looks that way. Yamaha doesn't need them to go racing.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/21/2018 2:19 PM

Do people actually buy these "monthly box of random crap" subscriptions? Guess I'm too old to be the target demographic.

|

2/21/2018 2:19 PM

What was the reason?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/21/2018 2:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 2:24 PM

early wrote:

Do people actually buy these "monthly box of random crap" subscriptions? Guess I'm too old to be the target demographic.

That business model as really taken off over the past couple of years. Shoes are doing really well. You have everything from kids toys to underwear monthly subscription.

I am that target demographic but couldn't care less about it.

BTW, Knich was/is an action sports lifestyle brand not some monthly subscription business.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/21/2018 2:36 PM

dsmith wrote:

they come and they go...I want jimmy johns back sponsoring pros...and bubba burger sponsoring more pros ..

Same. I love some Jimmy Johns. And no I don’t care that the owner goes on Safari hunts laughing

|

2/21/2018 2:50 PM

Im to lazy to even try and pronouced it correctly and about as 'catchy' name as 'wood duck' imo... but maybe 13 yr olds get it..?

|

2/21/2018 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 3:02 PM

KNICH ACTION SPORTS BOARD BOX SUBSCRIPTION

HOWITWORKS:

PICK A PLAN

Pick a plan. Each one is created with a price point in mind to make sure we fit everyones needs. If there are questions or suggestions, contact us.

Pick your gear. Select the options provided . A Knich representative will reach out within 24 hours to assist in setting you up with your board.

PICK YOUR GEAR

The best part of our membership programs is that once you get your board, you can literally send it back, & get a new one sent back to you.

RIDE SWAP REPEAT!

Bronze Board Swap
$19.95 The "BRONZE" package is a perfect entry level package for anyone. The "get me going" board swap membership.

What You Get:
- Board of Choice (Knich, Brigade, Burton)
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- Welcome Box (Click to Learn More)
**Option to buy out discounted board after 12 consecutive months of membership status.

​Silver Board Swap
$49.95 This "SILVER" package is the next step up. This package offers a bit more board and gear options than the bronze package.

​What You Get:
- Board of Choice (Any 2017 Model or earlier)
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- 50% off Event Ticket or Lift Ticket, Entry Fee, etc.
- Welcome Box (Click to Learn More)
*** Option to keep board after 12 consecutive months of membership status.

Gold Board Swap
$99.95 The "GOLD" package is the "creme of the crop." If you want the latest and greatest boards and gear out there for a low monthly cost, then subscribe now.

What You Get:
- ANY board/Gear of Choice. Your rep will get you dialed in.
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- Free Event ticket or lift ticket, entry fee, etc.
- Welcome Box (Clcik to Learn More)
***Option to keep board after 6 consecutive months of membership status.

|

2/21/2018 2:56 PM

dsmith wrote:

they come and they go...I want jimmy johns back sponsoring pros...and bubba burger sponsoring more pros ..

pmshortt2 wrote:

Same. I love some Jimmy Johns. And no I don’t care that the owner goes on Safari hunts laughing

Same here! Has zero affect my life at all. Just more ultimate porkers for me to enjoy w00t

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/21/2018 2:58 PM

Whoever mentioned WMG is part of it......what's the A action sports group Reed is advertising now?

To be honest, I didn't even notice Knich on the bikes till I looked.

|

2/21/2018 3:11 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That business model as really taken off over the past couple of years. Shoes are doing really well. You have everything from kids toys to underwear monthly subscription.

I am that target demographic but couldn't care less about it.

BTW, Knich was/is an action sports lifestyle brand not some monthly subscription business.

No, Knich is offering monthly subscription....to what I don't know....a surf board I think?

The website just lists the prices but no real description of the contents other than a Knich hat.

I'm not sure if I want to pay $19.95/month for the hat of $99.95/month?

|



2/21/2018 3:29 PM

Knich who?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/21/2018 3:50 PM

I feel dumb. I thought Knich was a Jewish noodle.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/21/2018 4:08 PM

twotwosix wrote:

KNICH ACTION SPORTS BOARD BOX SUBSCRIPTION

HOWITWORKS:

PICK A PLAN

Pick a plan. Each one is created with a price point in mind to make sure we fit everyones needs. If there are questions or suggestions, contact us.

Pick your gear. Select the options provided . A Knich representative will reach out within 24 hours to assist in setting you up with your board.

PICK YOUR GEAR

The best part of our membership programs is that once you get your board, you can literally send it back, & get a new one sent back to you.

RIDE SWAP REPEAT!

Bronze Board Swap
$19.95 The "BRONZE" package is a perfect entry level package for anyone. The "get me going" board swap membership.

What You Get:
- Board of Choice (Knich, Brigade, Burton)
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- Welcome Box (Click to Learn More)
**Option to buy out discounted board after 12 consecutive months of membership status.

​Silver Board Swap
$49.95 This "SILVER" package is the next step up. This package offers a bit more board and gear options than the bronze package.

​What You Get:
- Board of Choice (Any 2017 Model or earlier)
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- 50% off Event Ticket or Lift Ticket, Entry Fee, etc.
- Welcome Box (Click to Learn More)
*** Option to keep board after 12 consecutive months of membership status.

Gold Board Swap
$99.95 The "GOLD" package is the "creme of the crop." If you want the latest and greatest boards and gear out there for a low monthly cost, then subscribe now.

What You Get:
- ANY board/Gear of Choice. Your rep will get you dialed in.
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- Free Event ticket or lift ticket, entry fee, etc.
- Welcome Box (Clcik to Learn More)
***Option to keep board after 6 consecutive months of membership status.

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, it looks like it's a leasing program for used snowboards? That sounds like a PT Barnum business model...

|

2/21/2018 4:24 PM

twotwosix wrote:

KNICH ACTION SPORTS BOARD BOX SUBSCRIPTION

HOWITWORKS:

PICK A PLAN

Pick a plan. Each one is created with a price point in mind to make sure we fit everyones needs. If there are questions or suggestions, contact us.

Pick your gear. Select the options provided . A Knich representative will reach out within 24 hours to assist in setting you up with your board.

PICK YOUR GEAR

The best part of our membership programs is that once you get your board, you can literally send it back, & get a new one sent back to you.

RIDE SWAP REPEAT!

Bronze Board Swap
$19.95 The "BRONZE" package is a perfect entry level package for anyone. The "get me going" board swap membership.

What You Get:
- Board of Choice (Knich, Brigade, Burton)
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- Welcome Box (Click to Learn More)
**Option to buy out discounted board after 12 consecutive months of membership status.

​Silver Board Swap
$49.95 This "SILVER" package is the next step up. This package offers a bit more board and gear options than the bronze package.

​What You Get:
- Board of Choice (Any 2017 Model or earlier)
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- 50% off Event Ticket or Lift Ticket, Entry Fee, etc.
- Welcome Box (Click to Learn More)
*** Option to keep board after 12 consecutive months of membership status.

Gold Board Swap
$99.95 The "GOLD" package is the "creme of the crop." If you want the latest and greatest boards and gear out there for a low monthly cost, then subscribe now.

What You Get:
- ANY board/Gear of Choice. Your rep will get you dialed in.
- Personal Knich Rep
- Access to discount store. (Coming soon)
- Free Event ticket or lift ticket, entry fee, etc.
- Welcome Box (Clcik to Learn More)
***Option to keep board after 6 consecutive months of membership status.

Sully wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding this, it looks like it's a leasing program for used snowboards? That sounds like a PT Barnum business model...

I was gonna link this as well.

The Auto Play Video is a skateboard, the logo in the how it works section is a surfboard, the ambassador is a motocross rider and you can win his bike but it seems like the boxes are snowboards.....

I clicked around, they seem to be pretty into teal camo, thats kind of all i got from it. Unfortunately knich hasnt honed in on their niche

As a shark tank viewer, they would have a field day with this. Its like a bunch of vague 'live the lifestyle' statements with no substance

|

2/21/2018 4:32 PM

2thefront wrote:

Shocker.

They were just trying to fill a niche.... Hahaha

|

2/21/2018 4:42 PM

Did have kind of a cool logo, although I never knew what the company offered until reading this thread. Actually, what the company offered is still a bit of a mystery to me.

|

2/21/2018 4:44 PM

The joint venture still doesn't make much sense to me.

|

2/21/2018 4:44 PM

early wrote:

Do people actually buy these "monthly box of random crap" subscriptions? Guess I'm too old to be the target demographic.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That business model as really taken off over the past couple of years. Shoes are doing really well. You have everything from kids toys to underwear monthly subscription.

I am that target demographic but couldn't care less about it.

BTW, Knich was/is an action sports lifestyle brand not some monthly subscription business.

activeMX wrote:

No, Knich is offering monthly subscription....to what I don't know....a surf board I think?

The website just lists the prices but no real description of the contents other than a Knich hat.

I'm not sure if I want to pay $19.95/month for the hat of $99.95/month?

Yeah, just saw twotwosix's post. I looked up the brand when it first was announced that it was going to be part of team Yamaha but there wasn't much information back then. Besides that it's not something that interests me so I never bothered looking it up again.

Here today gone tomorrow brands are everywhere. Looks like they're still around but for how long? Who really cares.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/21/2018 4:46 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Knich who?

Pretty much brother!

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

2/21/2018 5:10 PM

I also got on the site trying to figure out what they do a few weeks ago. not much info or a clear picture on exactly what you get.

|

2/21/2018 5:13 PM

How does a company like that work their way into a title sponsorship of a "big 4" factory team?

|