Yamaha E bike

Steadman
3/23/2018 7:12pm
/\ these guys get it
|
|

ahhhhh crap am I on the next page? you get it.
Oh the timing Laughing
3/24/2018 5:36am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
It wouldn't be hard to make up an electronic clutch simulator for the Alta. I'd imagine the throttle is just a position sensor. If you had...
It wouldn't be hard to make up an electronic clutch simulator for the Alta. I'd imagine the throttle is just a position sensor. If you had a clutch lever with a position sensor also, you could basically multiply the signals together and feed that to the ecu. E.g. throttle at 50% open and clutch 50% engaged gives you 25% required output. Without having an actual clutch in the engine, it'd save weight and the clutch pull would be as light you could get. You just wouldn't be able to build revs in the engine, but I don't think that would be necessary for an electric motor
I think that is actually a really good idea. It doesn’t really make sense to add a clutch pack and assembly to the bike as is because it will only add weight and wear parts that need to be replaced. An electronic “magic” clutch would probably be the best option to keep to the simplicity of the Alta, but also satisfy everybody’s needs. It could probably be as simple as mounting a perch with a cable on it and plugging it in.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/24/2018 7:15am
/\ these guys get it
|
|

ahhhhh crap am I on the next page? you get it.
Steadman wrote:
Oh the timing Laughing
LOL
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
3/24/2018 7:47am
Do trials riders rev the engine and hold the clutch so the gyroscopic forces create a stability while not moving? Just a thought.
TM

The Shop

Post a reply to: Yamaha E bike

The Latest