Yamaha 450s in SX

Edited Date/Time 3/21/2021 4:10am
So everyone seems to think the Yamaha YZ 450 is uncompetitive in professional racing. The bike is not good in SX, etc. There are six brands in the top eight in points. Three of the eight are Yamaha. So does the peanut gallery still think the Yamaha is a horrible bike for a pro? Or are you willing to admit at that level of racing 95% of it is rider and you just have to have the right rider in a healthy situation?

Because right now, did not seem AC was gelling with his Kawasaki or Marvin on the KTM, and Marty on his KTM compared to his Kawasaki.

|
BobPA
3/17/2021 6:54am
So everyone seems to think the Yamaha YZ 450 is uncompetitive in professional racing. The bike is not good in SX, etc. There are six brands...
So everyone seems to think the Yamaha YZ 450 is uncompetitive in professional racing. The bike is not good in SX, etc. There are six brands in the top eight in points. Three of the eight are Yamaha. So does the peanut gallery still think the Yamaha is a horrible bike for a pro? Or are you willing to admit at that level of racing 95% of it is rider and you just have to have the right rider in a healthy situation?

Because right now, did not seem AC was gelling with his Kawasaki or Marvin on the KTM, and Marty on his KTM compared to his Kawasaki.

Still blue pigs. Webb and Barcia are a prime example. Plessinger would have the points lead if it weren't for that blue walrus they call a motorcycle.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
3/17/2021 6:57am
Six brands, lol.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
3/17/2021 7:00am
So everyone seems to think the Yamaha YZ 450 is uncompetitive in professional racing. The bike is not good in SX, etc. There are six brands...

An uncomfortable Marv was still ahead of your Yamahahaha boys prior to the Arlington rounds, wasn’t he? AC has had some bad luck. Marty is just doing what Marty does.

The Shop

Steve125
Fantasy
2787th
3/17/2021 7:57am
Star made the bike better. Pretty sure there's already a thread about them removing 8 lbs from the bike compared to last year's "Team Yamaha". I'm sure its an ongoing process too. Great to see them more prominent and in the mix towards the front.
shortshift5
3/17/2021 7:58am
In the main Barcia carved past team blue Buffalo like they were lappers.
mxtech1
3/17/2021 8:05am
Matthes says Chisholm is riding a bone stock motor & ECU.
Zycki11
3/17/2021 8:42am Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 8:42am
So a child protege (2x 250 sx champ) beat a rookie in the 450 class, a resurgent Plessinger, and mookie? Cool story bro. Go do something productive, your waisting space here
BobPA
3/17/2021 11:32am
Zycki11 wrote:
So a child protege (2x 250 sx champ) beat a rookie in the 450 class, a resurgent Plessinger, and mookie? Cool story bro. Go do something...
So a child protege (2x 250 sx champ) beat a rookie in the 450 class, a resurgent Plessinger, and mookie? Cool story bro. Go do something productive, your waisting space here
You blue boys are more sensitive than the Suzuki apologists...
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/17/2021 11:59am
Zycki11 wrote:
So a child protege (2x 250 sx champ) beat a rookie in the 450 class, a resurgent Plessinger, and mookie? Cool story bro. Go do something...
BobPA wrote:
Grinning

I actually bought a Suzuki just in case I do some pro supercross, I don't want to ruin my career getting stuck on that blue pig.
RMT
3/17/2021 12:25pm
BobPA wrote:
No KTM owner should ever talk about being sensitive!
BAD10
3/17/2021 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 12:50pm

BobPA wrote:
Still blue pigs. Webb and Barcia are a prime example. Plessinger would have the points lead if it weren't for that blue walrus they call a...
Still blue pigs. Webb and Barcia are a prime example. Plessinger would have the points lead if it weren't for that blue walrus they call a motorcycle.
You guys claiming the Yamaha is a Blue Pig sound like ignorant clowns that are just following what some other idiot said. Have you even ridden one? They are maybe slightly wider than others in some areas but its minimal. For a tall guy like me its not even noticeable. Not saying they are the best bike for everyone but your rhetoric is tired.
BobPA
3/17/2021 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2021 12:57pm

BobPA wrote:
Still blue pigs. Webb and Barcia are a prime example. Plessinger would have the points lead if it weren't for that blue walrus they call a...
BAD10 wrote:
You guys claiming the Yamaha is a Blue Pig sound like ignorant clowns that are just following what some other idiot said. Have you even ridden...
You guys claiming the Yamaha is a Blue Pig sound like ignorant clowns that are just following what some other idiot said. Have you even ridden one? They are maybe slightly wider than others in some areas but its minimal. For a tall guy like me its not even noticeable. Not saying they are the best bike for everyone but your rhetoric is tired.
This ain't CNN chief, ain't gotta use the terms like rhetoric, ignorant, clowns, etc...get some originality

I'm sorry your bike is fat, blue, and inferior...I suggest making better life choices...
BAD10
3/17/2021 1:02pm
You bring it on yourself, and I rest my case. Sorry my words hurt you. You can retreat to your safe space now.
brocster
3/17/2021 1:16pm
BobPA wrote:
BAD10 wrote:
You guys claiming the Yamaha is a Blue Pig sound like ignorant clowns that are just following what some other idiot said. Have you even ridden...
BobPA wrote:
This ain't CNN chief, ain't gotta use the terms like rhetoric, ignorant, clowns, etc...get some originality I'm sorry your bike is fat, blue, and inferior...I suggest...
This ain't CNN chief, ain't gotta use the terms like rhetoric, ignorant, clowns, etc...get some originality

I'm sorry your bike is fat, blue, and inferior...I suggest making better life choices...
Boy you have quite the hard on for the Yammi’s. Someone torture you with a tuning fork or something???
BobPA
3/17/2021 1:45pm
Hook, line, and sinker...You boys are easier to rile up than the yellow bellies...
SFellure33
3/17/2021 2:48pm
Holy shit do we need a Yamaha thread after every race?
We MUST discuss the same "issue" every 3-7 days throughout the season.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
3/17/2021 3:06pm
On the bright side, the Yamaha team truck stands the best chance of all of them of not blowing away in the tornadoes today.
mx317
3/17/2021 3:12pm
FGR01 wrote:
On the bright side, the Yamaha team truck stands the best chance of all of them of not blowing away in the tornadoes today.
Might be safer in the Suzuki truck.
shortshift5
3/17/2021 3:40pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Matthes says Chisholm is riding a bone stock motor & ECU.
He’s also 4 seconds a lap slower than the top guys being lapped every week. Far from a success story. The bike is fine for regular folks but at the top level its the worst factory bike. (Suzuki doesn’t count)
Zycki11
3/17/2021 4:11pm
BobPA wrote:
BAD10 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
This ain't CNN chief, ain't gotta use the terms like rhetoric, ignorant, clowns, etc...get some originality I'm sorry your bike is fat, blue, and inferior...I suggest...

Yeah, having ridden the rockstar husky, the FE Ktm. I felt like I was riding a jackhammer. Damn thing vibrates like crazy. I wouldn’t say it’s superior by any means.
Preston412
3/17/2021 4:19pm
The YZ450 is like blue balls, they are fun to get until you have them.
shortshift5
3/20/2021 8:09pm
Awesome showing tonight plessinger had a nice cushion and avoided being lapped. The blue pigs may do better at the Atlanta speedway with half the corners of a normal track
yamahaha131
3/20/2021 9:28pm
Barcia has 4 more points more than this time last year, in 4th place behind the same 3 guys as last year. That’s all I’ve got.
3/20/2021 11:44pm
He’s also 4 seconds a lap slower than the top guys being lapped every week. Far from a success story. The bike is fine for regular...
He’s also 4 seconds a lap slower than the top guys being lapped every week. Far from a success story. The bike is fine for regular folks but at the top level its the worst factory bike. (Suzuki doesn’t count)
Haha 👍🏼
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/21/2021 3:20am
Steve125 wrote:
Star made the bike better. Pretty sure there's already a thread about them removing 8 lbs from the bike compared to last year's "Team Yamaha". I'm...
Star made the bike better. Pretty sure there's already a thread about them removing 8 lbs from the bike compared to last year's "Team Yamaha". I'm sure its an ongoing process too. Great to see them more prominent and in the mix towards the front.
Ya, it's been said that they shaved off some bacon. Whistling
RalphS
3/21/2021 3:31am
The blue pig had all the 3 riders in top ten
3/21/2021 4:06am
I think it's more to do with factory Yamaha more than anything. It's like Yamaha don't listen to their top riders and take the bike development in the wrong area. Now that star is running the whole program they have already improved massively this year and with the commitment star has already shown they should be fighting for that top step in the next few years. I think most of the factory parts available made that thing hard to ride on the limit

Post a reply to: Yamaha 450s in SX

The Latest