Ya think Roger may wanna talk to Herlings?

8/26/2017 6:10pm
VxeR wrote:
On a bike he has never raced on, too.
No shit, borrowed wheels. I didn't think that was possible. This was like "instant legend."
pilotdude
8/26/2017 6:11pm
pilotdude wrote:
Thanks for making my point for me, with Roczen and Musquin being only the most recent to come over. Ratray, Pourcel, and the list goes on...
Thanks for making my point for me, with Roczen and Musquin being only the most recent to come over. Ratray, Pourcel, and the list goes on and on. But I understand why you would try to deny history. It's pretty obvious reading your posts where your head is.
Those guys aren't "top" anything. You're making it sound as if Everts and Cairoli came to the US looking for the big time. And you're arguing...
Those guys aren't "top" anything. You're making it sound as if Everts and Cairoli came to the US looking for the big time.

And you're arguing against yourself. Two of the best riders the AMA currently has -- maybe the best -- are FIM guys to begin with; the AMA field would be weak without them. Meanwhile, MXGP has more talent than they have top rides. It'd be great to have Roczen and Musquin in the GP series, but the MXGP field is ridiculously deep, and no one really misses them.

Herlings embarrassed the AMA field today. Torched their asses on a track he'd never even seen. Show us an American who could run a one-off at a place like Loket or Lommel and get a result anywhere close to that.
Look we get it, you hate the U.S. riders, as your constant flow of anti-U.S. rider posts show. It is LAUGHABLE for you to claim that the strong one-way flow of GP MX2 CHAMPIONS to the U.S. aren't "top" riders.

But there is no talking to U.S. haters like you. Never has been, never will be.

In a deeply depleted field, with 2 of the top 3 riding injured, and the points leader focused on winning the championship, all you can do is jack off hard over Herlings, who had NOTHING to lose. No championship in Europe, no championship in the U.S. But hey carry on, as your kind always does.

daemon616
8/26/2017 6:20pm
Dude killed it today! Was awesome to see as a fan.
Yep
8/26/2017 6:22pm
pilotdude wrote:
Thanks for making my point for me, with Roczen and Musquin being only the most recent to come over. Ratray, Pourcel, and the list goes on...
Thanks for making my point for me, with Roczen and Musquin being only the most recent to come over. Ratray, Pourcel, and the list goes on and on. But I understand why you would try to deny history. It's pretty obvious reading your posts where your head is.
Those guys aren't "top" anything. You're making it sound as if Everts and Cairoli came to the US looking for the big time. And you're arguing...
Those guys aren't "top" anything. You're making it sound as if Everts and Cairoli came to the US looking for the big time.

And you're arguing against yourself. Two of the best riders the AMA currently has -- maybe the best -- are FIM guys to begin with; the AMA field would be weak without them. Meanwhile, MXGP has more talent than they have top rides. It'd be great to have Roczen and Musquin in the GP series, but the MXGP field is ridiculously deep, and no one really misses them.

Herlings embarrassed the AMA field today. Torched their asses on a track he'd never even seen. Show us an American who could run a one-off at a place like Loket or Lommel and get a result anywhere close to that.
VxeR wrote:
On a bike he has never raced on, too.
Without it in his contract or paycheck, on the spur of the moment, just for fun and dominating the best 39 the AMA could get on the gate. He's been in tougher ADAC races

The Shop

wreckitrandy
8/26/2017 6:23pm
Gibby, ask Herlings if he is more excited about beating Tomac today or, accomplishing something Everts failed to do.
struth
8/26/2017 6:26pm
Corner speed in ruts on the inside line was epic,,,,,,
TDeath21
8/26/2017 6:47pm
That was a look of concern for Roger once everyone lines up at Matterley Basin. Seely just got caught and dropped by a top GP rider with little time to prepare and completely out of his element. The team USA is sending over has a top 250 rider in Osborne (that's good) and then a 450 guy who isn't even top 10 MX in the world and an unproven 450 rider. Not to mention it's a GP track.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
8/26/2017 6:51pm
not taking anything from a great ride. herlings said his bike wasn't very different. remap for fuel to match his gp bike. said it felt the same. its not like he picked a craigs list bike. thought I heard he signed the biggest contract ever for a gp rider already.(didn't read every post if this has been said)
Sodipop
8/26/2017 6:52pm
pilotdude wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
Look we get it, you hate the U.S. riders, as your constant flow of anti-U.S. rider posts show. It is LAUGHABLE for you to claim that...
Look we get it, you hate the U.S. riders, as your constant flow of anti-U.S. rider posts show. It is LAUGHABLE for you to claim that the strong one-way flow of GP MX2 CHAMPIONS to the U.S. aren't "top" riders.

In a deeply depleted field, with 2 of the top 3 riding injured, and the points leader focused on winning the championship, all you can do is jack off hard over Herlings, who had NOTHING to lose. No championship in Europe, no championship in the U.S. But hey carry on, as your kind always does.

As you sit here and try to downplay that ass whipping
8/26/2017 6:55pm
No, probably because he earns more money in Europe.
No.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what Herlings is worth to KTM.
Less than US market riders.

Sorry but gps just don't pay the same...
If they did no one would ever leave a cushy schedule, one discipline of riding and easier travel with a chance at a much longer career

Herlings will already be entertaining coming over, I'm sure he wants that one 450 title first, but the pay here for a canard is likely higher than herlings.
JC21
8/26/2017 7:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:11pm
pilotdude wrote:
Look we get it, you hate the U.S. riders, as your constant flow of anti-U.S. rider posts show. It is LAUGHABLE for you to claim that...

Well...

Your AMA champion was almost beat by a injured European who did everything he could to win Ironman yet still couldn't catch Herlings, or couldn't handle the pressure of being chased down by him.. Oh but sorry it's a depleted field, everyone's hurt, etc...but doesn't then diminish what ET has done? Can't have it both ways, maybe pull your head in out of the clouds pilotboi
kijen
8/26/2017 7:43pm
DaveI wrote:
Staying in Europe proves your the best there...
Not the world...Not arrogance...
Husky360 wrote:
Not sure about the arrogance issue but it is definitely ignorance if you think MXGP is a European championship.
So serious qustion, what is the percentage of riders that race the mxgp NOT from Europe?
kijen
8/26/2017 7:49pm
pilotdude wrote:

Um..was it charrlotte last year that Webb did the same? Herlings was awesome today.
8/26/2017 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 7:54pm
kijen wrote:
Um..was it charrlotte last year that Webb did the same? Herlings was awesome today.
Not exactly. Webb didn't drop in to another country. He didn't ride a loaner bike. He didn't dominate qualifying. He didn't win both motos. But he did ride exceptionally well. He also hasn't looked anything like that since.
cbuehler767
8/26/2017 8:46pm
roninho wrote:
Well i think the big story the last couple of years was that Herlings hasn't proved everything in Europe (450 title) but was a sandbagger. He...
Well i think the big story the last couple of years was that Herlings hasn't proved everything in Europe (450 title) but was a sandbagger. He is in MXGP now but hasn't won the title. So no i don't think he has proven everything he needed to.

Having said that, Herlings is a guy that prefers to stay close to family and friends, which is the reason he hasn't made a move to the States. He can do one-offs in the US every now and then if he wants to compare himself with the AMA guys if he wants to.

Imo the only way Herlings decides to go to the US is if he wants to prove he is a champ in SX as well.
Sandbagging the World Championship's of motocross, I've heard it all now
St Ann More
8/26/2017 8:50pm
kijen wrote:
Not exactly. Webb didn't drop in to another country. He didn't ride a loaner bike. He didn't dominate qualifying. He didn't win both motos. But he...
Not exactly. Webb didn't drop in to another country. He didn't ride a loaner bike. He didn't dominate qualifying. He didn't win both motos. But he did ride exceptionally well. He also hasn't looked anything like that since.
But Webb's the messiah because he beat Herlings in one moto!

Meanwhile in Europe, Webb has finished on average 7th in the last six motos.
kongols
8/27/2017 12:03am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2017 12:04am
Less than US market riders. Sorry but gps just don't pay the same... If they did no one would ever leave a cushy schedule, one discipline...

If they did no one would ever leave a cushy schedule, one discipline of riding and easier travel with a chance at a much longer career

Herlings will already be entertaining coming over, I'm sure he wants that one 450 title first, but the pay here for a canard is likely higher than herlings.
Herlings is exception. He makes more than Cairoli, 9 time WC.
He makes the same or more than Roczen.
8/27/2017 12:08am
Less than US market riders. Sorry but gps just don't pay the same... If they did no one would ever leave a cushy schedule, one discipline...

kongols wrote:
Neither make what a headline rider for any factory team makes here in the us.

The "American" allure is for gp riders is NOT the racing.

I'm not downplaying their talents or abilities. But this sport is a business... and supercross is THE business.
8/27/2017 12:09am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2017 12:10am

kongols wrote:
Roczen should go back then
Less races, more money, easier schedule!
8/27/2017 12:10am

kongols wrote:
This ^^^

I read an interview with Pit Bierer & he mentioned Herlings contract, this was when Honda were talking to him. Pit said he had to go to the top man at KTM to ask if the money they wanted to give him was ok, normally they dont have to go that high up but because the money was so high, he had to. Pit said Herlings was on MotoGP money, so I would guess that is a lot.
kongols
8/27/2017 12:13am
Roczen should go back then
Less races, more money, easier schedule!
It has to do with Honda offering Jeffrey a ride and KTM not wanting to let him go. But if you want to think the way you think- go ahead. I really don`t care if you believe it or not.
8/27/2017 12:17am

If you believe he makes more than the us guys.... good.

Just wait till he comes over here Smile .

The proof is in the movement of talent
USMCMXer
8/27/2017 12:20am

kongols wrote:
Neither make what a headline rider for any factory team makes here in the us. The "American" allure is for gp riders is NOT the racing...

I'm not downplaying their talents or abilities. But this sport is a business... and supercross is THE business.
You couldn't be more wrong! Herlings makes Dungey money and it's his decision to stay and Chase Evert's records. The others you mention were seeking SX glory and chased that dream until they too got big, US contracts. Don't kid yourself, the Euro teams and sponsors pay them well. The purse money is just non-existant, not the salaries.
8/27/2017 12:23am
kongols wrote:
Neither make what a headline rider for any factory team makes here in the us. The "American" allure is for gp riders is NOT the racing...

USMCMXer wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong! Herlings makes Dungey money and it's his decision to stay and Chase Evert's records. The others you mention were seeking SX...
You couldn't be more wrong! Herlings makes Dungey money and it's his decision to stay and Chase Evert's records. The others you mention were seeking SX glory and chased that dream until they too got big, US contracts. Don't kid yourself, the Euro teams and sponsors pay them well. The purse money is just non-existant, not the salaries.
If you say so....

mxjon454
8/27/2017 12:41am
Herlings doesnt want to ride supercross, so is he gunna sign a outdoor only contract for as much as he makes in europe? He wouldnt be able to hang with Tomac in supercross.
mxjon454
8/27/2017 12:43am
"Top GP riders"? Who? MX2 guys have come over -- including some champions -- but that's when they didn't have sweet MX1/MXGP slots lined up. Why...
"Top GP riders"? Who?

MX2 guys have come over -- including some champions -- but that's when they didn't have sweet MX1/MXGP slots lined up. Why move up to face Cairoli during his 2009-2014 run? Roczen and Musquin would've chased that guy for years. He was freaking INVINCIBLE back then.
You really think Roczen wouldve chased Cairoli around for "years" and not been able to beat him for a world title? Lol
mxjon454
8/27/2017 12:46am
Yep wrote:
He doesn't care about the SX title, he just destroys them on real outdoor tracks. SX is a small carnival show to most in the GPs
pilotdude wrote:
Is that why so many of the top GP riders have come to the U.S. fuckstick?
"Top GP riders"? Who? MX2 guys have come over -- including some champions -- but that's when they didn't have sweet MX1/MXGP slots lined up. Why...
"Top GP riders"? Who?

MX2 guys have come over -- including some champions -- but that's when they didn't have sweet MX1/MXGP slots lined up. Why move up to face Cairoli during his 2009-2014 run? Roczen and Musquin would've chased that guy for years. He was freaking INVINCIBLE back then.
And yes mx2 guys have came over here to race the best. Most mx2 world champions who came over wouldve had the best chance at beating Cairoli. Most the guys who challenged Cairoli for the title never won a MX2 title because those guys all came over here.
USMCMXer
8/27/2017 12:46am

USMCMXer wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong! Herlings makes Dungey money and it's his decision to stay and Chase Evert's records. The others you mention were seeking SX...
If you say so....

Forgot to mention how laughable it is that you think the GP travel schedule is easier, hahahaha. I bet the team employees would like you to explain just how that is so?? What's the weather like on your planet?
8/27/2017 12:50am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2017 12:51am
You really think it's harder as a rider to attend the gp series than it is to do sx and mx?
And stay fit, healthy, recovered, and not get sick traveling?

What's the stat? 30 races in 36 weeks for the us?

Remind the gp race schedule?

Post a reply to: Ya think Roger may wanna talk to Herlings?

The Latest