YZF chassis vs. WRF Chassis. Any experts?

The story is, I have a 2009 WR450F with a damaged frame that needs replacing.
I can't seem to find many WRF frames and those that I have found are hideously expensive!
I can find plenty of more reasonably priced YZ450F frames from years 2006-2009. Now, essentially these two bikes should have the same engine fitment, albeit the WR is electric start. The Yamaha part numbers are different, but Im wondering if anyone has any experience of these two bikes and could tell me what the differences in the frames are? I would entertain augmenting areas if not too much of a problem.

TIA.
|
rongi#401
11/9/2017 11:59am
were going to need to see a picture of your wife before any further advice is given
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/9/2017 12:22pm
I'm not sure about those years, but I know on the newer ones, the frames look identical but on the right side of the frame there is another hole drilled and a bracket to hold the extra wires for lighting and all of that
11/9/2017 12:38pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I'm not sure about those years, but I know on the newer ones, the frames look identical but on the right side of the frame there...
I'm not sure about those years, but I know on the newer ones, the frames look identical but on the right side of the frame there is another hole drilled and a bracket to hold the extra wires for lighting and all of that
Thanks for the input. I'm hoping it's a similar case with the 06-09 frame.
Does the YZF have traded holes on the underside for s dump guard??

The Shop

PTshox
11/9/2017 12:50pm
As I recall there was a lot of difference between the 06 and 07 frames... YZF. I recall they are not the same... the 07 handled much better... and the 08 was better still.

Post a reply to: YZF chassis vs. WRF Chassis. Any experts?

The Latest