YZ65

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2018 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 2:20 PM

Before we put our money down today, anyone have issues besides usual set up issues?
Any reliability issues??
Cheers in advance!!

|

5/28/2018 4:10 PM

More like availability issures. I don't think they've hit the showroom floors yet.

|

5/28/2018 4:28 PM

There were 2 of them at the millfield gncc this weekend

|

5/28/2018 4:58 PM

they sound and move like an 85...curious how they do against the current crop.

|

5/28/2018 5:03 PM

I was originally told June 1. Paid in full and waiting. I'm confident it will be awesome and Yamaha should be applauded for bringing this to market.

|

5/28/2018 5:20 PM

Troy city garage in Troy New York had some. Saw some Snapchat’s of them being uncrated. No idea if they were sold or not

|

5/28/2018 5:51 PM

They've hit dealers St Louis area has them.

|

5/28/2018 6:28 PM

Dave #125 wrote:

Before we put our money down today, anyone have issues besides usual set up issues?
Any reliability issues??
Cheers in advance!!

Dave
From what i’ve heard in OZ there is a limited supply and shops who have orders firmly placed with deposits will be allowed 2 bikes from the first shipment with next shipment due in July I think.
So far seen no issues and i’ve Been searching high and low as we have had one on order since public release

|

5/28/2018 6:44 PM

Nothing as far as I can tell in NorCal and only can find one in CA in Simi Valley. A little frustrating as my little guy needs to move up (too big for the SX50 now) and we waited on a 65 purchase until the Yamaha was released. Probably going to have to go grab a SX65 instead at this point.

|

5/28/2018 6:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 7:04 PM

Picked up mine a few days ago. 3 rides so far. Quality bike, built to last. Not one loose bolt found. South Louisiana. Motor is strong. Suspension is superior to any other brand. Very stable. Long wheel base. Haven’t found one thing I’m not pleased with.

|

5/28/2018 6:59 PM

Photo
|

5/28/2018 7:59 PM

I can tell you I’ve done a ton of graphics for them. They seem pretty decent supply on the east coast. Here is Logan Best bike. So far his dad said he loves it compared to the ktm. Photo

|

5/28/2018 8:03 PM

Saw one at milestone. Sounds like a 125. Very throaty

|

5/28/2018 8:06 PM

I’ve pry seen 15 up here in the NW

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

5/29/2018 6:27 PM

They rip, little slower than ktm in mid range. But faster on bottom and top end. They sound like a crisp yz250. No problems, just getting parts. Need a top end in about 5 hrs. Rocky mountain has some oem parts now. You won't be disappointed!! Just super limited right now. 2019 will be out in july, another 200 units.

|

5/29/2018 7:31 PM

There is one at NCY. My son did the intro with Yamaha, he loved the bike, it has a lot of bark and is solid off the bottom. He had to short shift it a bit to keep it going but there were a lot of great things about the bike. The versatility of the handlebar set up is awesome, it fits a broad spectrum of kids. Also the suspension was really good for him, a tad soft but we stiffened up compression and it worked well.

As far as them being competitive, Kade Johnson won two classes at muddy creek last weekend to qualify for Lorettas.

|

5/29/2018 7:42 PM

If you are on the East Coast, Delmarva Powersports posted that they had one left as of this past weekend I believe. from what I have seen in pictures the finish/quality seems to be on par with KTM/Husq

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

5/29/2018 7:47 PM

Even though I very much doubt I will be getting one for my boy due to the price, I'm stoked that it's a solid bike straight off the bat. Yamaha seems to very good at doing that. For sure they make solid bikes save for a few issues which have been bitched about on here plenty.

|

5/29/2018 7:48 PM

GregDVT wrote:

If you are on the East Coast, Delmarva Powersports posted that they had one left as of this past weekend I believe. from what I have seen in pictures the finish/quality seems to be on par with KTM/Husq

I'll go out on a limb and bet it is better

|

5/29/2018 8:03 PM

2 showed up at US27 motorsports here in MI today.

|

5/30/2018 3:46 AM

We received and sold our first two this last week before the holiday. Second shipment will be about a month.

|

RIDEMPS.COM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

5/30/2018 1:54 PM

aedwards07 wrote:

I can tell you I’ve done a ton of graphics for them. They seem pretty decent supply on the east coast. Here is Logan Best bike. So far his dad said he loves it compared to the ktm. Photo

It is really cool to see some really nice parts already coming.

As a kid, it was a dream to get a FMF like that.

|

6/3/2018 1:41 PM

Dave #125 wrote:

Any reliability issues??
Cheers in advance!!

Richard Tease II wrote:

Dave
From what i’ve heard in OZ there is a limited supply and shops who have orders firmly placed with deposits will be allowed 2 bikes from the first shipment with next shipment due in July I think.
So far seen no issues and i’ve Been searching high and low as we have had one on order since public release

Keep us posted- will see if theyre in shops this week as rumoured ?

|

6/3/2018 1:43 PM

aedwards07 wrote:

Looks awesome mate!!
And thanks for your help too ??

|

6/3/2018 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2018 1:58 PM

My boy rode one yesterday for the first time. Our local shop in bakersfield got two in this past week, and they were gone within an hour.
Luckily we are friends with one of the people who got one. My boy loved the yz65. But he’s also riding a kx65 which is damn near the same bike I won LL on in 1994. Lol. So, it’s was a huge step up for him no doubt.

|

Bobby Bonds #129

6/3/2018 2:49 PM

bondsmx wrote:

My boy rode one yesterday for the first time. Our local shop in bakersfield got two in this past week, and they were gone within an hour.
Luckily we are friends with one of the people who got one. My boy loved the yz65. But he’s also riding a kx65 which is damn near the same bike I won LL on in 1994. Lol. So, it’s was a huge step up for him no doubt.

True the kx65 bottom end dates back to 1984 , that’s a pretty good run ,

|

6/3/2018 2:51 PM

tiddlermx23 wrote:

We received and sold our first two this last week before the holiday. Second shipment will be about a month.

Morgantown powersports ? They went a nice little phone spam lately ,not even sure how they got my phone number to keep reminding me about the yamaha test rides last week.

|

6/3/2018 11:19 PM

Dave #125 wrote:

Any reliability issues??
Cheers in advance!!

Richard Tease II wrote:

Dave

Dave #125 wrote:

Keep us posted- will see if theyre in shops this week as rumoured ?

The dealer rang me first thing this morning to let us know its ready for pickup Saturday morning. Other dealers maybe earlier. It may depend on how manny bikes need to be assembled as well for pick up.

|