YZ250 Wide Open Racing! High Speed GP Racing POV

gpracer4224
Round 4 of the AMA National Grand Prix Championship headed back to the high-speed 29 Palms circuit for a hot, dusty weekend of racing. Check out a complete lap from the first laps of practice on-board a fresh YZ250 two-stroke!

|
4/12/2021 2:26pm
Nice one, you are ripping!
It doesn't seem to be the popular opinion but I think 29 Palms is the most fun track in the series. The sand turns are the best!
What is your reason for riding a two stroke this year? It seems like the vast majority of Pro 2 riders are on 250Fs.
4/12/2021 3:46pm
You were ripping. Do you prefer they groom the outside sections before the pro race? I know they don’t sometimes

The Shop

gpracer4224
4/12/2021 4:56pm
Nice one, you are ripping! It doesn't seem to be the popular opinion but I think 29 Palms is the most fun track in the series...
Nice one, you are ripping!
It doesn't seem to be the popular opinion but I think 29 Palms is the most fun track in the series. The sand turns are the best!
What is your reason for riding a two stroke this year? It seems like the vast majority of Pro 2 riders are on 250Fs.
I always love 29 Palms, though I think they've kind of ruined it in the last year. I think it was cool to have a fast race course which was different from anything else out there, but they've tried slowing it down and taken away some of the flow of the race course IMO. And for riding a two stroke, I've only ever ridden and raced them up until last year and I feel riding style suits it better, plus I get pretty good starts on them and I ride way better if I can start with the fast guys. Oh and maintenance is cheap and easy!
gpracer4224
4/12/2021 4:58pm
You were ripping. Do you prefer they groom the outside sections before the pro race? I know they don’t sometimes
I can go either way. At this race I do because of how choppy it gets and hitting square edges at those speeds isn't the best. Plus it was really dusty this weekend and even going slow, I'd hit some holes and edges and almost crash because of how rough it was by the end of the day
gpracer4224
4/12/2021 4:59pm
Thats awsome. Holy shit . As a side note I too love flex bars
Flexx bars are awesome! I think they might have some cool stuff coming out pretty soon here too
ZOBITO
4/12/2021 10:26pm
Great views of your handlebar pad!!!
Woohoo
Titan1
4/13/2021 6:09am
ZOBITO wrote:
Great views of your handlebar pad!!!
Woohoo
The ama no helmet cam rule is ruining a lot of good footage of ama races across the country.
LungButter
4/13/2021 6:50am
Titan1 wrote:
The ama no helmet cam rule is ruining a lot of good footage of ama races across the country.
Might also be keeping someone walking/racing in to the future too....
Titan1
4/13/2021 6:52am
Titan1 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Might also be keeping someone walking/racing in to the future too....
It might...you are correct about that...does anyone know of any documented instances where a helmet cam attached to a helmet got someone paralyzed or killed?
Natester551v
4/13/2021 7:23am
Schumacher had a ski helmet on with the GoPro bolted through it if I'm not mistaken; the camera mounting likely aggravated the head injury by creating a point load where he impacted (I think he accidentally skied into some rocks).

IMO there is no comparison to what happened to him vs. an adhesive-mounted GoPro mount on a MX helmet that would pop off with a simple crash. A lot of off road guys have difficulty keeping them from getting knocked off by branches, etc. Total overreach by the AMA if you ask me. Silly heavy-handed approach to ban them for "amateur" racing in the USA.
LungButter
4/13/2021 8:45am
Titan1 wrote:
It might...you are correct about that...does anyone know of any documented instances where a helmet cam attached to a helmet got someone paralyzed or killed?
Don’t they think that is partially what happened to the French kid in SX a year or 2 back?

It just seems like common sense to me. How can strapping more weight and objects to your helmet be a good thing? We’ll spend several hundred extra to save 20g on a helmet then go strap a GoPro that weighs half a pound to it?

Coincidentally, I had a huge crash at the Idaho Hare and Hound a few weeks back. 3rd gear wide open to straight over the bars. My helmet is destroyed and has massive scratches along the top where I skipped along the top of my head as I was tumbling. I’m glad there wasn’t anything extra on my helmet to make it “grab” the ground in that crash.

Anyway, we’ve hashed this out a hundred times and we all have our opinions.

Back to the topic at hand, as usual Trevor is absolutely flying and making it look easy!
Titan1
4/13/2021 11:37am
Titan1 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Don’t they think that is partially what happened to the French kid in SX a year or 2 back? It just seems like common sense to...
Don’t they think that is partially what happened to the French kid in SX a year or 2 back?

It just seems like common sense to me. How can strapping more weight and objects to your helmet be a good thing? We’ll spend several hundred extra to save 20g on a helmet then go strap a GoPro that weighs half a pound to it?

Coincidentally, I had a huge crash at the Idaho Hare and Hound a few weeks back. 3rd gear wide open to straight over the bars. My helmet is destroyed and has massive scratches along the top where I skipped along the top of my head as I was tumbling. I’m glad there wasn’t anything extra on my helmet to make it “grab” the ground in that crash.

Back to the topic at hand, as usual Trevor is absolutely flying and making it look easy!
Like I said...you may be right on it.

Glad you're okay from that crash! Crashing sucks!

And Trevor is always flying! I love his videos.
gpracer4224
4/14/2021 9:25am
Titan1 wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Don’t they think that is partially what happened to the French kid in SX a year or 2 back? It just seems like common sense to...

Lately, I've been mounting my GoPro under my visor as it seems to be a bit safer being out of the way, plus it is a better POV angle and it looks cooler in photos!

Post a reply to: YZ250 Wide Open Racing! High Speed GP Racing POV

The Latest