YOUTUBE

AB#81
2/10/2015 1:44am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2015 5:17am
watched the san diego supercross heats and 250 and 450 mains full races on sunday morning like i always do on youtube, theres usually quite a few youtube channels to choose from, went to watch them again there and cannot find one full main event video for either class, is it just me or what, have they all been removed ??
|
Olson
2/10/2015 1:49am
Feld removes them.
Crush
2/10/2015 2:01am
Work the Google. They're out there
timlake
2/10/2015 5:48am
I honestly don't know why Feld haven't brought in some sort of Online video stream system for global viewers.

The Youtube videos get in excess of 100k views sometimes. Even if they charged $75 for the season for online race replays and have 15000 sign ups they'd make well over $1m.

Youthstream do it and I am sure they will get more signups this year because of RV2, so why can't Feld?

Even if Fox own exclusive rights, surely they could operate something similar...

The Shop

2/10/2015 6:35am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 6:38am
timlake wrote:
I honestly don't know why Feld haven't brought in some sort of Online video stream system for global viewers. The Youtube videos get in excess of...
I honestly don't know why Feld haven't brought in some sort of Online video stream system for global viewers.

The Youtube videos get in excess of 100k views sometimes. Even if they charged $75 for the season for online race replays and have 15000 sign ups they'd make well over $1m.

Youthstream do it and I am sure they will get more signups this year because of RV2, so why can't Feld?

Even if Fox own exclusive rights, surely they could operate something similar...
This. Or simply put up all of the races themselves on youtube on an official channel. I mean that is exactly what the fans are doing right now and what they are deleting. I know this might not be possible with contracts and what not ... but lets be real here for a minute there is thousands of people out there who have a fulltime Youtube job. They could just upload everything and make some serious money from the adds. This is a win win situation for everybody i would think ? we the fans get the races archived on one of internets best video platforms free to watch and the official companny that is putting them on will be making lots of money (when researching it, videos reaching hundred of thousands of views actually bring in a big amount of money).

MOTO STUFF
2/10/2015 6:41am
Hopefully it's the death rattle of the cable industry as they slowly slide into the past just like the music industry, Yellow pages and printed newspapers- If I didn't have to pay for 387 channels I 'll never watch to get the 8 I want........... ah never mind!
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
2/10/2015 8:58am
I think it is much more complicated than some think. I'm sure it has to do with deals that Feld and Fox Sports have together and I've heard in the past that there is an incredible amount of red tape when dealing with international viewing rights from Country to Country.

I do agree with and hope that this is the end of an era when cable companies decided what we got to watch. The technology and demand is there but you're dealing with a very old industry with Billions of dollars at stake. And just to clarify I'm talking about live sporting events in general.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
2/10/2015 5:37pm
Whip wrote:
2015 Monster Energy Supercross Round 6 San... by cbm-racing1 [url=http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gqbxu_2015-monster-energy-supercross-round-6-san-diego-full-event-hd_auto]Dailymotion direct link[/url]
This. DailyMotion is always your best bet.
ocscottie
2/10/2015 5:47pm
GD2 wrote:
They have also been removing CBM's vids from Dailymotion. Angry
wreckitrandy
2/10/2015 5:51pm
Yeah. It's a shame that someone wants to protect their property.
TanHner36
2/10/2015 5:53pm
I went 2 years without cable and just watching the races online (live from friends tv accounts) and on youtube. It was awesome paying $16 for Netflix and Hulu and having more than enough entertainment. I would gladly pay $50 for SX and Nationals coverage. Paying $120 a month for TV I use a couple hours on Saturday is a joke.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
2/10/2015 7:22pm
GD2 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
They have also been removing CBM's vids from Dailymotion. Angry
Well damn. I know CBM has some site where you can actually buy the MP4 files for $2 each. Surprised he hasn't gotten in some serious trouble for that lol.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
2/10/2015 7:27pm
Yeah. It's a shame that someone wants to protect their property.
I don't think people are getting angry at them for protecting their property, or at least they shouldn't. I think it's because they don't have any online packages but yet take down all the videos. They should either come out with an online package, (which I think they're heading towards) or they could post it to Youtube themselves. They've been experimenting with international streams of the races so it only makes sense for the next step to be making it available in the U.S. Like I said they could also just upload the races to Youtube themselves or claim all of the videos on Youtube, it could be a huge source of revenue for them.
Tonycar107
2/10/2015 7:28pm
Kickass torrents next day, hd, thanks to someone. Feld can suck it. It's the next day.
SEE ARE125
2/10/2015 8:11pm
Long story short, live sports subsidize the rest of TV. Anything besides live sports can be watched on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc. So without live sports, you don't need Comcast, DirecTv, Dish, etc. See where this is going? Without a majority paying for 200 channels they will never watch just so they can watch 5 sports channels to catch the race/game/fight, the cost for grandma and grandpa to watch QVC and The Weather Channel increases significantly, past the tipping point to where they probably won't buy a tv package either. So tv providers NEED live sports in order to stay in business, thus why there are contracts on top of contracts for exclusivity which practically eliminates online viewing, or if it is broadcast online you need to sign in with a TV provider.
2/10/2015 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 8:19pm
Well, the music industry was almost destroyed until they realized people don't want to buy an entire album of suckiness. And if you can't beat the college kids, join them.

Ten years from now we will be able to purchase a live sporting event for $0.99. Just like we can buy music off iTunes for $0.99 today.
timlake
2/11/2015 2:46am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Long story short, live sports subsidize the rest of TV. Anything besides live sports can be watched on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc. So without live sports...
Long story short, live sports subsidize the rest of TV. Anything besides live sports can be watched on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc. So without live sports, you don't need Comcast, DirecTv, Dish, etc. See where this is going? Without a majority paying for 200 channels they will never watch just so they can watch 5 sports channels to catch the race/game/fight, the cost for grandma and grandpa to watch QVC and The Weather Channel increases significantly, past the tipping point to where they probably won't buy a tv package either. So tv providers NEED live sports in order to stay in business, thus why there are contracts on top of contracts for exclusivity which practically eliminates online viewing, or if it is broadcast online you need to sign in with a TV provider.
I totally get you, but you gotta realise that there are thousands of people outside of America that also want to watch the Sueprcross that have no access to Fox/ESPN etc.

There is serious, serious money to be made from Live Streaming the races online through an official channel for residents outside of the U.S, but it mesmerises me that neither Feld, nor their broadcasting partner has taken advantage of it.

I cannot speak for other countries, but I know that there are no other broadcasters in the UK with Supercross rightss, therefore Fox/Feld should be able to release an online version (chargeable/free) for UK residents with no problems whatsoever.

They have been talking for years about bringing the actual races outside of the U.S, yet they haven't even nailed down broadcasting it globally? To me, that sounds whack.
jamma10
2/11/2015 3:06am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2015 3:09am
Well, the music industry was almost destroyed until they realized people don't want to buy an entire album of suckiness. And if you can't beat the...
Well, the music industry was almost destroyed until they realized people don't want to buy an entire album of suckiness. And if you can't beat the college kids, join them.

Ten years from now we will be able to purchase a live sporting event for $0.99. Just like we can buy music off iTunes for $0.99 today.
They do something similar to that here in the UK already, but it's a bit more expensive! You can buy a Sky Sports online 'Day Pass' for the equivalent of $15.

It's a lot of money but they know people are so dedicated to their sport that they'll pay it occasionally if they have to.
Olson
2/11/2015 3:15am

jamma10
2/11/2015 3:46am
Great, so for us Europeans it's a case of staying up until 6am in the morning to watch the races or we won't get to see them at all.

Cheers then FELD, way to go!
Phillips467
2/11/2015 4:01am
jamma10 wrote:
Great, so for us Europeans it's a case of staying up until 6am in the morning to watch the races or we won't get to see...
Great, so for us Europeans it's a case of staying up until 6am in the morning to watch the races or we won't get to see them at all.

If you're in the UK or Germany (and I believe there's one other country), you can watch the whole TV broadcast of the night show each week here, either live or when you wish.

Cool of Feld to start that up, and I'm sure they're looking into making it available elsewhere...
Olson
2/11/2015 4:13am
jamma10 wrote:
Great, so for us Europeans it's a case of staying up until 6am in the morning to watch the races or we won't get to see...

If you're in the UK or Germany (and I believe there's one other country), you can watch the whole TV broadcast of the night show each...
If you're in the UK or Germany (and I believe there's one other country), you can watch the whole TV broadcast of the night show each week here, either live or when you wish.

Cool of Feld to start that up, and I'm sure they're looking into making it available elsewhere...
How do you set that up to watch after the race have ended? Just go to the link and rewind to the start?
jamma10
2/11/2015 4:16am
OK then I take that back! Smile
Olson
2/11/2015 4:20am
And piratebay is down again. kat.ph was down earlier but is back up though.

2/11/2015 5:01am
Olson wrote:
And piratebay is down again. kat.ph was down earlier but is back up though. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/02/11/79907/s1200_Skarmavbild_2015_02_11_kl._13.22.09.jpg[/img]

Pick the one you like the most https://proxybay.info/ Smile
2/11/2015 5:04am
Olson wrote:
How do you set that up to watch after the race have ended? Just go to the link and rewind to the start?
Under the feed there wil be the VOD when it has ended. After a day the race will be archived with the rest on the page that Phillips467 linked.
Phillips467
2/11/2015 5:08am
jamma10 wrote:

If you're in the UK or Germany (and I believe there's one other country), you can watch the whole TV broadcast of the night show each...

Olson wrote:
Yep. Rewind to the start, skip to the point you want - whatever. It's good stuff!
ocscottie
2/11/2015 10:57am
Olson wrote:
And piratebay is down again. kat.ph was down earlier but is back up though. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/02/11/79907/s1200_Skarmavbild_2015_02_11_kl._13.22.09.jpg[/img]

Just use Kickass, thats where i go for all my movies:

http://kickass.to/usearch/Supercross/?field=time_add&sorder=desc
roost
2/12/2015 3:20am
On The Pipe.

Post a reply to: YOUTUBE

The Latest