YOUR RED BUD Motocross Des Nations Travel Plans ?

9/8/2018 6:33am
Ill be driving up from Charlotte NC if anyone is looking for a lift. Transit med roof with seating for 8. Only 2 seats filled for now.
9/8/2018 7:21am
Ill be driving up from Charlotte NC if anyone is looking for a lift. Transit med roof with seating for 8. Only 2 seats filled for...
Ill be driving up from Charlotte NC if anyone is looking for a lift. Transit med roof with seating for 8. Only 2 seats filled for now.
Dang I'm from Charlotte but live in Texas now till kids go off to college then I'm back to east coast .... Beaches and Mountains ??. Gonna be mountain biking around Asheville in a couple weeks then Charlotte to see sister before the Race ?....Anyone interested in some mountain biking lemme know . I heard Trails are sick up there !
9/10/2018 2:32am
Anyone traveling up from Indy airport on Friday? Looking for a ride for one. Happy to chip in money. Driving on the wrong side of the...
Anyone traveling up from Indy airport on Friday? Looking for a ride for one. Happy to chip in money. Driving on the wrong side of the road after 20 hours of flights and landing in the middle of the night doesn't sound safe.
What time on Friday ? I'm staying in niles at a campsite Friday , Saturday , Sunday . Gonna be coming through indy just depends on...
What time on Friday ? I'm staying in niles at a campsite Friday , Saturday , Sunday . Gonna be coming through indy just depends on time and where u staying? My name is Tony Barrington from Texas BTW . So pumped about this race ? just wish I was able to camp onsite !
I'm flying in 12am Thursday night so will be camping in an airport chair until the morning. You sound like me, coming in on a wing...
I'm flying in 12am Thursday night so will be camping in an airport chair until the morning. You sound like me, coming in on a wing and a prayer. If you can get somewhere to stay and your definitely going I'll sure grab a lift. I'm staying in a hotel arranged by other people so I can't offer you some floor or chair space there unfortunately.
Changed my flights and got a flight right into South Bend via Chicago, LAX, Auckland and Sydney. Thanks for the offers on a lift. Think I should be able to walk the rest of the way there after all that
JK105
9/14/2018 6:33am
So like an idiot I did not plan far enough ahead for this race and now I'm screwed ! Anyone from the Cincinnati / Tri-State area (OH, IN, KY) going up for Saturday / Sunday? I had plans to go with a group of buddies and of course has since fallen apart Sad . If worse comes to worse I will just drive up by myself and sleep in my car somewhere off site, but I would love to stay at the track and throw up a tent if anyone is interested in sharing a spot for me to do so. I would give someone $75 to put towards their spot if anyone wanted to help me out. I've been to RedBud close to ten times and can't miss this one.

Let me know if anyone can help / is interested !

Thanks! GO USA!

The Shop

copsey
9/14/2018 9:19am
JK105 wrote:
So like an idiot I did not plan far enough ahead for this race and now I'm screwed ! Anyone from the Cincinnati / Tri-State area...
So like an idiot I did not plan far enough ahead for this race and now I'm screwed ! Anyone from the Cincinnati / Tri-State area (OH, IN, KY) going up for Saturday / Sunday? I had plans to go with a group of buddies and of course has since fallen apart Sad . If worse comes to worse I will just drive up by myself and sleep in my car somewhere off site, but I would love to stay at the track and throw up a tent if anyone is interested in sharing a spot for me to do so. I would give someone $75 to put towards their spot if anyone wanted to help me out. I've been to RedBud close to ten times and can't miss this one.

Let me know if anyone can help / is interested !

Thanks! GO USA!

Sent you a message.
JK105
9/14/2018 10:53am
copsey wrote:
Sent you a message.
Awesome!
Jimmy638
9/22/2018 1:25pm
This should be a sticky...LOL
Hoping to see a bunch of you Ya-whoes, I'll be there Thursday night to Monday afternoon, Watching UFC fight Saturday night in Our Camper
9/22/2018 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 1:34pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
This should be a sticky...LOL Hoping to see a bunch of you Ya-whoes, I'll be there Thursday night to Monday afternoon, Watching UFC fight Saturday night...
Hoping to see a bunch of you Ya-whoes, I'll be there Thursday night to Monday afternoon, Watching UFC fight Saturday night in Our Camper
Jimmy let me know what camping spot you're located at, and I'll print and pass out flyers for FREE UFC PAY PER VIEW to the patron saints of Lot B WinkLaughingLaughing
Jimmy638
9/22/2018 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 2:48pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
This should be a sticky...LOL Hoping to see a bunch of you Ya-whoes, I'll be there Thursday night to Monday afternoon, Watching UFC fight Saturday night...
Jimmy let me know what camping spot you're located at, and I'll print and pass out flyers for FREE UFC PAY PER VIEW to the patron...
Jimmy let me know what camping spot you're located at, and I'll print and pass out flyers for FREE UFC PAY PER VIEW to the patron saints of Lot B WinkLaughingLaughing
Nice! I'll be in Lot B till the fighting starts then I'm leaving Lot B to watch UFC.

You get my drift?WinkLaughingLaughing

Big screen outside I have about 300 or so friends going so it should be a good time.......All weekend Bro

Not to change subject but
How did you far during the Hurricane there in Charlotte, Family all good?
hyler199
9/22/2018 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 2:51pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
Jimmy let me know what camping spot you're located at, and I'll print and pass out flyers for FREE UFC PAY PER VIEW to the patron...
Jimmy638 wrote:
Nice! I'll be in Lot B till the fighting starts then I'm leaving Lot B to watch UFC. You get my drift?;) :laugh: :laugh: Big screen...
Nice! I'll be in Lot B till the fighting starts then I'm leaving Lot B to watch UFC.

Big screen outside I have about 300 or so friends going so it should be a good time.......All weekend Bro

Were coming from Toronto and staying in South Bend but wanted to watch the fight aswell. Let me know where we can find this big screen haha.

I was going to bring my Amazon box nd we could watch in the Hotel if worst comes to worst.
We were going to try to find a bar to watch it
Jimmy638
9/22/2018 3:04pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
Nice! I'll be in Lot B till the fighting starts then I'm leaving Lot B to watch UFC. You get my drift?;) :laugh: :laugh: Big screen...

hyler199 wrote:
Were coming from Toronto and staying in South Bend but wanted to watch the fight aswell. Let me know where we can find this big screen...
Were coming from Toronto and staying in South Bend but wanted to watch the fight aswell. Let me know where we can find this big screen haha.

I was going to bring my Amazon box nd we could watch in the Hotel if worst comes to worst.
We were going to try to find a bar to watch it
All good, PM me. I won't know were we're at in A2 till we get there of course but if you walk thru A2 and see a Mob of people at 10:00pm then that may be us...LOL
Frank
9/23/2018 5:09am
I inquired with RedBud to find out where the VIP areas are going to be located so I could start planning our general admission location(s). Here is the response they sent.

"Vip areas: end of the whoops in the grass along the vending road (where we have it in July), along the track before the ski jump (mechanics area in July), bottom of ski jump where Red Bull and Fly were in July, bottom of the Leap where we took out the extra loop from July. We’re not losing any spectator areas from the National ?? And we took out a loop on the south side of the track and added to the spectator hill on the backside of the track."
Bramlett321
9/23/2018 11:01am
Do you guys know of any offsite areas even semi close to the track where I can just park thin truck and put up the bed tent ??? Hell I’ll pay to park in someone’s back yard
9/23/2018 11:54am
Do you guys know of any offsite areas even semi close to the track where I can just park thin truck and put up the bed...
Do you guys know of any offsite areas even semi close to the track where I can just park thin truck and put up the bed tent ??? Hell I’ll pay to park in someone’s back yard
I have a campsite reserved in Niles .... I'm staying there starting wed but suppose to be going in lot B with some guys I met on this site Friday morning!!!!!! I have my site reserved from wed - Monday morning just in case so you are more than welcome to crash at my site in niles ! Text me 214-937-1972
Bramlett321
9/23/2018 12:38pm
Do you guys know of any offsite areas even semi close to the track where I can just park thin truck and put up the bed...
I have a campsite reserved in Niles .... I'm staying there starting wed but suppose to be going in lot B with some guys I met...
I have a campsite reserved in Niles .... I'm staying there starting wed but suppose to be going in lot B with some guys I met on this site Friday morning!!!!!! I have my site reserved from wed - Monday morning just in case so you are more than welcome to crash at my site in niles ! Text me 214-937-1972
Sweet brother I just text you
TeamFlannel
9/23/2018 9:45pm
First National I ever attended was Red Bud 82'. Met Jeff Ward and Goat Breker in a diner, Got an autograph from Roger DeCoster, Met Danny Chandler and Darrell Schultz walking the track Saturday, we shared a pinch between our cheek and gums, Magoo won Sunday, my guy Hannah did not win on that turd. On the way home we talked about how cool it would be if the Motocross Des Nations came to this awesome track, here in the Midwest.
I scheduled vacation last November and ordered tickets and camping in January, in February some of us senior dudes from the Wapella motocross scene and Bloomington/Normal motorcycle club get together every year to bench race/watch Super-X=We formulated a plan.
My Son and another moto friend (whom I met at Wapella in 79') are meeting another vehicle of Wapella's alumni's(4+?) to go thru the gate together Thursday, Red Bud told me if you want to camp together-go through gate together, we will be leaving Monday-work Tuesday is gonna SUCK. At this time I have 3 more coming Saturday to camp with us like pigs in a tent. There's some other people involved as well, hopefully we can all get together and have an awesome moto holiday, eat some killer grub, and put the hurtin' to some Oktoberfest Beir!
I don't know how far it is, don't care, It's MXDN @ RED BUD Baby! Oh, one year (88' I think) a friend and I made it in October to race amateur on the pro track in the same time it takes us to get to Motorsports Park in Byron, Il SO roughly 2 hours 45 minutes. Man after typing this I'm Stoked to leave now!
JMX82
9/23/2018 10:05pm
Me, my brother and fellow Vital member Jaze are coming to Red Bud from Finland. Too bad there is no Finnish team in the race this year but guess we have cheer for Estonians an Swedes Smile . It's going to be my second MXON and second trip to US so i'm pretty exited about that.

Where are flying to Chicago on Friday and staying apartment reserved trough Air bnb and it's only two miles away from the track.

Any idea how's the weather is going to be? Any good tips what to bring with you to the track? Is there any VitalMX meeting on the site?
Tbteam
9/23/2018 10:06pm
I just spent four days in Vegas at the Aria and all I could think about was heading to Red Bud next Thursday.

9/23/2018 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2018 11:51pm
Tbteam wrote:
I just spent four days in Vegas at the Aria and all I could think about was heading to Red Bud next Thursday. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/23/289235/s1200_B9338BE4_6201_4428_ADCA_430CCC572410.jpg[/img]
I just spent four days in Vegas at the Aria and all I could think about was heading to Red Bud next Thursday.

Small world, I just spent last Fri-Mon at Aria... Wife and I love staying there... but yea, as much fun as I had with the misses, I was still secretly thinking ahead to RED BUUDDD with the boys in a couple weeks!!
Motohead279
9/23/2018 11:50pm
Flying to Detroit Friday, then heading to the Road to Recovery Dinner. Hopefully it’s a dry weekend. Should be epic.
wiggins419
9/23/2018 11:53pm
JMX82 wrote:
Me, my brother and fellow Vital member Jaze are coming to Red Bud from Finland. Too bad there is no Finnish team in the race this...
Me, my brother and fellow Vital member Jaze are coming to Red Bud from Finland. Too bad there is no Finnish team in the race this year but guess we have cheer for Estonians an Swedes Smile . It's going to be my second MXON and second trip to US so i'm pretty exited about that.

Where are flying to Chicago on Friday and staying apartment reserved trough Air bnb and it's only two miles away from the track.

Any idea how's the weather is going to be? Any good tips what to bring with you to the track? Is there any VitalMX meeting on the site?
Fall in Michigan is unpredictable. Likely a comfortable warm during the day and hoodie/ jeans weather at night. But the tracks close to Lake Michigan, so prepare for unexpected rain.

Source: Michigan native
JK105
9/24/2018 6:53am
I'm still looking for anyone that has a camping spot that would let me buy their extra car pass...

Details from RedBuds Site on extra car pass...

"Extra Car Pass is $30 and can be purchased at the gate when you arrive with your camping pass.
You must have a camping pass in order to purchase an Extra Car Pass."

Driving up from Cincinnati area early saturday A.M. in a Silverado with a few friends, wanting to throw up a tent where we park.

I will gladly pay the $30 for the extra car pass and whatever you would want to help with your camping spot fee.

Any takers?
Jimmy638
9/25/2018 6:16pm
Sticky?
Lotta folks looking for help/or can give help in this thread till the weekend.
Gave mine away already but have more friends attending, won't know whats up till Friday the 5th
PNWOffroad
Fantasy
3249th
9/25/2018 6:18pm
I’d be interested in a car pass as well if anyone has one?
Kyle_Gill
9/25/2018 6:25pm
a few of us are heading down from ontario, buddy driving with his 5th wheel its his first time to major mx race, we in lot b had to go for party camping! also booked camping and tickets back in feburary glad i did now
JK105
9/25/2018 7:03pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
Sticky? Lotta folks looking for help/or can give help in this thread till the weekend. Gave mine away already but have more friends attending, won't know...
Sticky?
Gave mine away already but have more friends attending, won't know whats up till Friday the 5th
Yea I’m still looking for help...
9/25/2018 8:21pm
Kyle_Gill wrote:
a few of us are heading down from ontario, buddy driving with his 5th wheel its his first time to major mx race, we in lot...
a few of us are heading down from ontario, buddy driving with his 5th wheel its his first time to major mx race, we in lot b had to go for party camping! also booked camping and tickets back in feburary glad i did now
Well if anyone wants to play some 9ball at the local pub let me know!!!! I heard the Uk and Canada have sum good players so let's get it !!!! 100-500 a game ... in your Huckleberry
ChubbyCat113
9/26/2018 1:43am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 1:43am
Jimmy638 wrote:
Sticky? Lotta folks looking for help/or can give help in this thread till the weekend. Gave mine away already but have more friends attending, won't know...
Sticky?
JK105 wrote:
Yea I’m still looking for help...
I PMd you
oacjr
9/26/2018 3:30am
Sad to say that after making Buds Creek and Denver I will not be able to make Red Budddddddddddddd..Angry
9/26/2018 5:40am
On my way now via a couple of stops. And catching up with a couple of buds there. Yeeeowww!!!

Post a reply to: YOUR RED BUD Motocross Des Nations Travel Plans ?

The Latest