YOUR RED BUD Motocross Des Nations Travel Plans ?

Superdave19
8/17/2018 8:45pm
About 5-7 of us Vets are coming up from Houston- including BMR179 -it’s my first Des Nations, but not my first time @ RedBud. Staying in South Bend.

At first I didn’t think I could make it, convinced myself this event doesn’t happen in the US often, especially with this kind of talent.

Sooo looking fwd to this & meeting some Vital Moto Bros-

See you in Oct!
JB500
8/17/2018 9:20pm
- Waking up in my own bed.
- Drive 25 minuets to RedBud
- Enjoy coolest race ever
- Drive 25 minuets back home
- Fall asleep thinking “I could be that fast if I would only...”
hyler199
8/17/2018 9:33pm
drivin from Toronto. Stayin in South Bend. Looking forward to it! Hoping we can uber if we want.
Any idea when is cutoff for leaving the track?
Would we be able to leave at 2am or 3 am?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/17/2018 9:48pm
hyler199 wrote:
drivin from Toronto. Stayin in South Bend. Looking forward to it! Hoping we can uber if we want. Any idea when is cutoff for leaving the...
drivin from Toronto. Stayin in South Bend. Looking forward to it! Hoping we can uber if we want.
Any idea when is cutoff for leaving the track?
Would we be able to leave at 2am or 3 am?
Someone mentioned that using Uber isn't really a good idea. Apparently you shouldn't have that much trouble getting there but going back is the problem since the chances of having an Uber in that area after the event is slim to none.

Might want to try and find a group that can pick you guys up and drive you back.

The Shop

8/18/2018 2:13am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 5:05am
Group of 10 leaving Newcastle upon tyne UK flying to London Heathrow and then to Chicago O Hare on the wednesday. Two nights in Downtown Chicago (airbnb luxury penthouse apartment near Hard Rock Cafe). Fri morning, travel out to Rockford IL to pick up two 32 ft RV's and road trip to track. Leave track on Monday morning and we have until Wednesday to do what we please before travelling home.
tcallahan707
8/18/2018 2:32am
aeffertz wrote:
Leaving Friday morning, get there in the afternoon and set up camp in the B lot. Head home Monday morning. Can't wait! Never been to a...
Leaving Friday morning, get there in the afternoon and set up camp in the B lot. Head home Monday morning. Can't wait! Never been to a MXoN before.

Grew up in CF. If you are from EC, I'm confident we could do some damage in Lot B!
Mucktub
8/18/2018 3:06am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 3:07am
Group of 10 leaving Newcastle upon tyne UK flying to London Heathrow and then to Chicago O Hare on the wednesday. Two nights in Downtown Chicago...
Group of 10 leaving Newcastle upon tyne UK flying to London Heathrow and then to Chicago O Hare on the wednesday. Two nights in Downtown Chicago (airbnb luxury penthouse apartment near Hard Rock Cafe). Fri morning, travel out to Rockford IL to pick up two 32 ft RV's and road trip to track. Leave track on Monday morning and we have until Wednesday to do what we please before travelling home.
Is Ando making the trip over? I am assuming because of the north east connection you may know him. Sweet wheels.
Mucktub
8/18/2018 3:10am
Mucktub wrote:
3 mates and me flying in from the UK to o'hare Thursday, staying in Chicago 1st night then on to South Bend. Going home Monday afternoon...
3 mates and me flying in from the UK to o'hare Thursday, staying in Chicago 1st night then on to South Bend. Going home Monday afternoon.

Apparently the guy who's booked the hire car says he's sorted out something quite special, although the last time he booked a car for Maggiore 2016, we had a BMW 1 series with 6 of us in it, pretty cramped in the back I can tell you, and then he proceeded to drive like a twat with us all pissed up crushing each other. Good trip.

Only missed 3 nations trips since 2005, the US ones and Donnington in the UK due to daughter being born. Highlight of the racing year for us.

Will there be bars at the track? Or do you have to take your own swill? We are a thirsty bunch!
aeffertz wrote:
As far as I know, there won't be any pubs but I'm sure there will be beer tents and the like. Definitely bring a cooler full...
As far as I know, there won't be any pubs but I'm sure there will be beer tents and the like. Definitely bring a cooler full if you're camping as track drinks are expensive and also cut off when the festivities are done.

If you aren't camping, you can store your stuff at my campsite if you'd like or haven't found anybody. We'll have plenty of our own so no need to worry about us drinking yours!
That's a very generous offer thank you. What can we expect from the weather this time year?
tcallahan707
8/18/2018 3:25am
Mucktub wrote:
3 mates and me flying in from the UK to o'hare Thursday, staying in Chicago 1st night then on to South Bend. Going home Monday afternoon...
3 mates and me flying in from the UK to o'hare Thursday, staying in Chicago 1st night then on to South Bend. Going home Monday afternoon.

Apparently the guy who's booked the hire car says he's sorted out something quite special, although the last time he booked a car for Maggiore 2016, we had a BMW 1 series with 6 of us in it, pretty cramped in the back I can tell you, and then he proceeded to drive like a twat with us all pissed up crushing each other. Good trip.

Only missed 3 nations trips since 2005, the US ones and Donnington in the UK due to daughter being born. Highlight of the racing year for us.

Will there be bars at the track? Or do you have to take your own swill? We are a thirsty bunch!
aeffertz wrote:
As far as I know, there won't be any pubs but I'm sure there will be beer tents and the like. Definitely bring a cooler full...
As far as I know, there won't be any pubs but I'm sure there will be beer tents and the like. Definitely bring a cooler full if you're camping as track drinks are expensive and also cut off when the festivities are done.

If you aren't camping, you can store your stuff at my campsite if you'd like or haven't found anybody. We'll have plenty of our own so no need to worry about us drinking yours!
Mucktub wrote:
That's a very generous offer thank you. What can we expect from the weather this time year?
100% chance of blackout.
8/18/2018 5:03am
Group of 10 leaving Newcastle upon tyne UK flying to London Heathrow and then to Chicago O Hare on the wednesday. Two nights in Downtown Chicago...
Mucktub wrote:
Is Ando making the trip over? I am assuming because of the north east connection you may know him. Sweet wheels.
No Ando this year unfortunately ! We all know Ando very well and are all travelling supporters of him !
Mucktub
8/18/2018 5:18am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 5:43am
Mucktub wrote:
No Ando this year unfortunately ! We all know Ando very well and are all travelling supporters of him !
There's half a chance we know each other, what about Harris, Howard Rodney or any of those silly bastards, they going?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/18/2018 5:26am
Mucktub wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

Mucktub wrote:
60-70 and overcast. But we have a saying here in Michigan....

“If you don’t like the weather in Michigan, wait 5 minutes.”
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/18/2018 5:28am
I’m here right now..... I think I might be a bit early!

Mucktub
8/18/2018 5:46am
?looks good to me. I wouldn't be picking your spot to watch from just yet. Youthstream will have the advertising hoardings so you won't be able to see a thing.
Jasper125
8/18/2018 6:45am
First time Mxdn going on a trip from LA to Las Vegas then fly to RedBud staying in Elkhart at a hotel 40 minutes from the track don't really know how many people are going but we are with a bunch of Dutch and Belgian guys
JK105
8/18/2018 6:46am
Is the only way to get tickets through the mxgp site?

Plan on making the trip up with a few buddies from the Cincinnati area. Can’t wait
ricko
8/18/2018 8:41am
I got tickets for lot A2 camping back in December, 7 hr drive from PA. I think we are getting there Thursday is our plan.
aeffertz
8/18/2018 9:18am
aeffertz wrote:
Leaving Friday morning, get there in the afternoon and set up camp in the B lot. Head home Monday morning. Can't wait! Never been to a...
Leaving Friday morning, get there in the afternoon and set up camp in the B lot. Head home Monday morning. Can't wait! Never been to a MXoN before.

Grew up in CF. If you are from EC, I'm confident we could do some damage in Lot B!
Oh, no shit? Right on. So you probably remember Arkansaw, Wheeler, Ettrick?

I grew up in Ladysmith but moved down to EC after I graduated a while back.
daemon616
8/18/2018 9:24am
Rupert X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/17/281157/s1200_26E45925_B264_44D0_A8E0_030EFE575C50.jpg[/img]

Dear lawd oh mercy.
wideroad
8/18/2018 9:54am
JB500 wrote:
- Waking up in my own bed. - Drive 25 minuets to RedBud - Enjoy coolest race ever - Drive 25 minuets back home - Fall...
-Waking up on an air matress at JB500's house, head upstairs and inevitably find he and kxf250f176 spooning.
-Ride 25 minutes to the track.
-Enjoy my first experience watching a race at RedBud.
-3hr Drive home.

tcallahan707
8/18/2018 9:56am
aeffertz wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
Oh, no shit? Right on. So you probably remember Arkansaw, Wheeler, Ettrick? I grew up in Ladysmith but moved down to EC after I graduated a...
Oh, no shit? Right on. So you probably remember Arkansaw, Wheeler, Ettrick?

I grew up in Ladysmith but moved down to EC after I graduated a while back.
Yep, I rode them a few times as a teenager but not too familiar. I was mostly riding a private track in CF or going to Millville/Kellogg/Mazeppa for race weekends.

We'll have to catch up at Red Bud.
8/18/2018 11:18am
Mucktub wrote:
Mucktub wrote:
There's half a chance we know each other, what about Harris, Howard Rodney or any of those silly bastards, they going?
HaHa, yeah, good mates with Rodders, Ryan and Pekka. Not coming unfortunately, not the same without those mad bastards lol. Pekkas father in law is with us, Micky Reed !
Tbteam
8/18/2018 12:12pm
Arriving Thursday mid day and staying in South Bend. Gold VIP passes, I’ll be at the track Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And I WILL be at the fancy dinner Friday night. flying back to Florida on Monday. See you there, Rupert!
zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2391st
8/18/2018 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2018 1:00pm
Will be leaving Friday afternoon from western Pennsylvania. About a 5 hour drive with me and 3 of my buddies. All of our first mxon and first time at the bud. We waited too long and missed out on a camping spot but I called and got put on a waiting list. In case we don’t get that chance I booked a room at America’s best value inn about 30 minutes north of the track in Benton harbor. For $310 for 3 nights it was about our cheapest option. Hoping to get a call that some spots open up at the track to get the full experience.
wiggins419
8/18/2018 4:22pm
The boys and I are coming from Detroit metro and arriving Thursday night with a schoolbus and an obnoxious sound system. Hope you first time B lotters are ready
KDM711
8/18/2018 5:36pm
Rupert X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/17/281152/s1200_E9E1D5DE_3D5A_46A5_A21E_AB93368C3F4D.jpg[/img]

Ryan drinking the Orange/Mango MindFX ??
oldrider
8/18/2018 5:55pm
Leaving from Miami, with 3 vet friends coming from Costa Rica, flying to Midway, renting car, hotel in Elkhart. My 3rd MXDN
8/18/2018 7:53pm
Driving from Bakersfield, CA to LAX to Chicago Thursday night

Hotel in South Bend

Very first Des Nations!!!

Second trip to Red Bud!

No fancy dinner... unless beer is fancy

Looking forward to seeing all of you, perhaps splitting one beer.
JB500
8/18/2018 8:15pm
JB500 wrote:
- Waking up in my own bed. - Drive 25 minuets to RedBud - Enjoy coolest race ever - Drive 25 minuets back home - Fall...
wideroad wrote:
-Waking up on an air matress at JB500's house, head upstairs and inevitably find he and kxf250f176 spooning. -Ride 25 minutes to the track. -Enjoy my...
-Waking up on an air matress at JB500's house, head upstairs and inevitably find he and kxf250f176 spooning.
-Ride 25 minutes to the track.
-Enjoy my first experience watching a race at RedBud.
-3hr Drive home.

I’m afraid there is no way around me being the little spoon in that scenario...

Post a reply to: YOUR RED BUD Motocross Des Nations Travel Plans ?

The Latest