YCF SP3 or BigY Question!

mgranofsky
Edited Date/Time 7/1/2021 12:56pm
Hey there. I'm new to the sport and thinking about buying a YCF SP3 or BIGY.

I know that my local moto dealers only service the big names (Kawa, Honda, KTM, etc), but can I assume that my local motorcycle mechanics will know how to work on these if any of the parts fail or break?

Are the parts used on these bikes interchangeable with other OEM parts that are readily available online? My concern with these bikes is repair and maintenance in South Florida.

Some advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Max
|

The Shop

Wandell
1/29/2020 12:54pm
No, most dealerships do not want to work on a Chinese pit bike. Usually, they say that getting parts is the issue. I know Pitster Pro has a ton of parts in stock and easily available. Not sure about these guys though.
xrmark
1/29/2020 12:55pm
There’s a guy on here with a pretty sweet ycf. They’re actually really good pit bikes now but since it’s not made by the big6 they’re written off right away. But if you’re actually trying to get into riding and not just ripping out bikes with your buddy’s, then go with a 125
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/29/2020 6:08pm
mgranofsky wrote:
Hey there. I'm new to the sport and thinking about buying a YCF SP3 or BIGY. I know that my local moto dealers only service the...

I know that my local moto dealers only service the big names (Kawa, Honda, KTM, etc), but can I assume that my local motorcycle mechanics will know how to work on these if any of the parts fail or break?

Are the parts used on these bikes interchangeable with other OEM parts that are readily available online? My concern with these bikes is repair and maintenance in South Florida.

Max
I think they look sweet. I've never ridden one though
They seem like they would be a great bike for a smaller track. And especially with a couple of them where they could battle.
On a small tighter track I would think that the more torque would be good
bf884
1/29/2020 6:09pm
Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months back. Just got out of riding for a while. While it is made in China, it’s not your average corner store bike. Piranha, sold by tbolt and wholesale cycle is a ycf just rebranded. The Daytona motor is built in Japan and quality is great.

1/29/2020 7:17pm
I was turned away by multiple shops across 3 states when I had Pitsters. I finally found one that would do maintenance like flat tires, but when I actually had an issue (the bike was like 10 years old), they did the most piss poor job ever and way overcharged. And I never complain about labor…I'll pay whatever so long as it's well done and agreed upon.

Was half the reason I switched to a Japanese pit bike. I miss the torque, but nothing else.
Wandell
1/29/2020 7:50pm
Yeah, I love my KLX140. I recently realized I've had it four years. I've never owned any motorcycle that long in my entire life!
YCF
1/30/2020 6:14am
mgranofsky wrote:
Hey there. I'm new to the sport and thinking about buying a YCF SP3 or BIGY. I know that my local moto dealers only service the...

Max
Hi
You can buy all the parts on ycfusa-store.com
All local motorcycle mechanics can open an account and received YCF spares parts within 2 days.
All the parts are available in our warehouse in Florida .
YCF
1/30/2020 6:14am
A china bike [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/29/401052/s1200_images_21.jpg[/img]
A china bike

Yes , same as Honda CRF 50, 110 .....
YCF
1/30/2020 6:17am
Wandell wrote:
No, most dealerships do not want to work on a Chinese pit bike. Usually, they say that getting parts is the issue. I know Pitster Pro...
No, most dealerships do not want to work on a Chinese pit bike. Usually, they say that getting parts is the issue. I know Pitster Pro has a ton of parts in stock and easily available. Not sure about these guys though.
You can find all YCF parts on ycfusa-store.com.
You can have a look on wich rider use a YCF minibike : https://ycfusa.com/riders/

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/30/2020 12:05pm
bf884 wrote:
Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months back. Just got out...
Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months back. Just got out of riding for a while. While it is made in China, it’s not your average corner store bike. Piranha, sold by tbolt and wholesale cycle is a ycf just rebranded. The Daytona motor is built in Japan and quality is great.

I just saw this posted by YCF. And I recognized it. Pretty cool that your bike gets so much attention.
bf884
1/30/2020 1:39pm
bf884 wrote:
Mine was awesome. Most parts are interchangeable with other pitbikes. Tbolt for parts or ycf directly. I sold it a few months back. Just got out...

Tarz483 wrote:
I just saw this posted by YCF. And I recognized it. Pretty cool that your bike gets so much attention. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/01/30/401212/s1200_Screenshot_20200130_140400_Instagram.jpg[/img]
I just saw this posted by YCF. And I recognized it. Pretty cool that your bike gets so much attention.
Wow that is pretty cool! I'm glad most people seem to like my Yama YCF190f LOL. I do miss it a lot!
1/30/2020 4:15pm
bf884 wrote:
Wow that is pretty cool! I'm glad most people seem to like my Yama YCF190f LOL. I do miss it a lot!
I actually posted your bike (jgx123x) and YCF reposted it. I loved your bike and I think Pourcel’s replica of his SX Champ Bike was awesome as well! The YCF Bigy’s are a blast!
bf884
1/30/2020 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2020 5:15pm
bf884 wrote:
I actually posted your bike (jgx123x) and YCF reposted it. I loved your bike and I think Pourcel’s replica of his SX Champ Bike was awesome...
I actually posted your bike (jgx123x) and YCF reposted it. I loved your bike and I think Pourcel’s replica of his SX Champ Bike was awesome as well! The YCF Bigy’s are a blast!
Thanks bud. They are awesome machines. Pourcel’s looks sweet too.
bf884
1/30/2020 5:18pm
On a side note... who the hell is slapping random down votes on everyone’s posts? Must realty hate dirt bikes.
jeffro503
1/30/2020 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2020 5:25pm
1/30/2020 5:35pm
In the world of "non-Japanese" pit bikes - These YCF's are pretty legit... No problems with spare parts availability, and the suspension is great
jeffro503
1/30/2020 6:05pm
bf884 wrote:
On a side note... who the hell is slapping random down votes on everyone’s posts? Must realty hate dirt bikes.
It happens all the time here. You could wish someone good luck on fighting cancer.....and some dipshit would down vote it.
7/1/2021 12:45pm
mgranofsky wrote:

Max
My friend these motors are just about identical to a CRF50 motor. Any real mechanic can work on the YCF. I mean shoot i work on my won YCF's and they are easy.
7/1/2021 12:51pm
Wandell wrote:
No, most dealerships do not want to work on a Chinese pit bike. Usually, they say that getting parts is the issue. I know Pitster Pro...
A motor is a motor and since its based off of the CRF50 motor I have most shops WILL work on them. If they don't then you really don't want to take your bike there anyways..lol
7/1/2021 12:55pm
bf884 wrote:
Well bf884 the person clicking on the random downs is a hater plain and simple
7/25/2021 8:58am
mgranofsky wrote:

Max
Did you ever purchase your bike?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/25/2021 9:13am
Don't wait for a reply. He hasn't posted anything since he signed up on 1/29/2020.

Are you going to keep bumping up every YCF thread?
7/25/2021 9:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't wait for a reply. He hasn't posted anything since he signed up on 1/29/2020.

Are you going to keep bumping up every YCF thread?
Bumping up every YCF thread? Isn't the forums are for? Do you have a problem with YCF?
When your curious about something don't you ask questions? lol
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/25/2021 9:38am
Bumping up every YCF thread? Isn't the forums are for? Do you have a problem with YCF? When your curious about something don't you ask questions...
Bumping up every YCF thread? Isn't the forums are for? Do you have a problem with YCF?
Yannick might as well put you on the payroll.
7/25/2021 9:47am
Bumping up every YCF thread? Isn't the forums are for? Do you have a problem with YCF? When your curious about something don't you ask questions...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yannick might as well put you on the payroll.
That would be nice. Not sure what your hang up is but since it bothers you sooooo much maybe just ignore them 'A'. That's what a mature adult would do right? Might be a Canadian thing though to comment and harass people in forums just like every other pissed off at the world idiots that come on the forums and dislike someone's (bumping up as you say) post. BTW Mav GOOSE is dead..lmao

Post a reply to: YCF SP3 or BigY Question!

The Latest