YCF F-150cc engine change

niklas
Hi
I’ve question regarding engine change on a YCF F-150 with YX engine that i want to change a ZS 125cc-140cc (because i have one).
Everything measures the same on the engineblock for the engine to frame bolts. For the exhaust angle im not sure.
Before i rip it out, has anybody done this type of change from YX to ZS? My guess is that if there is slightest angle differens this type of exhaust might hit the frame.
Best Reg Niklas
|
rongi#401
5/24/2020 1:20am
What’s the reason for changing it? Does it currently run fine? In my experience it could become a nightmare and you end up without a running bike
Mr. Afterbar
5/24/2020 5:06am
I suggest you hit up some Facebook pit bike pages if looking for info on China stuff.

The Shop

niklas
5/24/2020 11:24pm
rongi#401 wrote:
What’s the reason for changing it? Does it currently run fine? In my experience it could become a nightmare and you end up without a running...
What’s the reason for changing it? Does it currently run fine? In my experience it could become a nightmare and you end up without a running bike
Due to regulations for minigp class. If its going to race. I understand the risk but both engines is complete och tested with carb. Just might be problems with exhaust angle and pipe hitting the frame.
niklas
5/24/2020 11:31pm
I suggest you hit up some Facebook pit bike pages if looking for info on China stuff.
Thanks, ill try all channels possible.
The bike has china engines. But they are tuned and blueprinted in England. The bike YCF is a French fab.
Like most of all parts this bike has parts produced in china but also Edelbrock, Hurst has there production in china/Thailand (Im a car guy), for example.
RickLeY
Fantasy
2738th
5/25/2020 5:43am
niklas wrote:
Thanks, ill try all channels possible. The bike has china engines. But they are tuned and blueprinted in England. The bike YCF is a French fab...
Thanks, ill try all channels possible.
The bike has china engines. But they are tuned and blueprinted in England. The bike YCF is a French fab.
Like most of all parts this bike has parts produced in china but also Edelbrock, Hurst has there production in china/Thailand (Im a car guy), for example.
7/6/2021 7:36am
niklas wrote:
Hi I’ve question regarding engine change on a YCF F-150 with YX engine that i want to change a ZS 125cc-140cc (because i have one). Everything...
Hi
I’ve question regarding engine change on a YCF F-150 with YX engine that i want to change a ZS 125cc-140cc (because i have one).
Everything measures the same on the engineblock for the engine to frame bolts. For the exhaust angle im not sure.
Before i rip it out, has anybody done this type of change from YX to ZS? My guess is that if there is slightest angle differens this type of exhaust might hit the frame.
Best Reg Niklas
I have had tons of pit bikes from years back when it was first popular and up to date. All the motors I have and had fit without any issues at all. Since CRF 50 let their patten expire years back. All of the motors and the way they mount were copied off of the CRF 50. That’s why mostly all bikes can fit a Chinese pit bike motor. Matter of fact my original CRF 50 motor would fit right into two different frames I bought to try to upgrade. The fit was perfect even the exhaust was the same. I do all my work on all my bikes.
SilverSpurs
7/7/2021 1:39am
niklas wrote:
Hi I’ve question regarding engine change on a YCF F-150 with YX engine that i want to change a ZS 125cc-140cc (because i have one). Everything...
Hi
Best Reg Niklas
I have had tons of pit bikes from years back when it was first popular and up to date. All the motors I have and had...
I have had tons of pit bikes from years back when it was first popular and up to date. All the motors I have and had fit without any issues at all. Since CRF 50 let their patten expire years back. All of the motors and the way they mount were copied off of the CRF 50. That’s why mostly all bikes can fit a Chinese pit bike motor. Matter of fact my original CRF 50 motor would fit right into two different frames I bought to try to upgrade. The fit was perfect even the exhaust was the same. I do all my work on all my bikes.
CRF50?

They're copied from the underbone step thru specific design that Honda started making in 1965.

Worlds biggest selling engine with well over 100 million produced by Honda.

CRF 50 was just one of dozens that used the layout.
7/7/2021 6:30am
niklas wrote:
Hi
Best Reg Niklas
I have had tons of pit bikes from years back when it was first popular and up to date. All the motors I have and had...
CRF50? They're copied from the underbone step thru specific design that Honda started making in 1965. Worlds biggest selling engine with well over 100 million produced...
CRF50?

They're copied from the underbone step thru specific design that Honda started making in 1965.

Worlds biggest selling engine with well over 100 million produced by Honda.

CRF 50 was just one of dozens that used the layout.
Exactly and fully agree with you. I’m just explaining it since not everyone knows the full history of the motor. Using the CRF50 might help a little.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/7/2021 8:43am
Based on the eyeball test, every Chinese pitbike I've ever seen uses the same engine configuration. I'd be very, very surprised if any of those companies went through all the R&D necessary to move any of the parts so that the dimensions were different. Not very scientific of me, but if you're playing Vegas odds, I bet it will fit.
Since you already have the alternate engine, I'd say go for it. Worst-case scenario is that you have to swap it all back out.

7/8/2021 8:10am
Falcon wrote:
Based on the eyeball test, every Chinese pitbike I've ever seen uses the same engine configuration. I'd be very, very surprised if any of those companies...
Based on the eyeball test, every Chinese pitbike I've ever seen uses the same engine configuration. I'd be very, very surprised if any of those companies went through all the R&D necessary to move any of the parts so that the dimensions were different. Not very scientific of me, but if you're playing Vegas odds, I bet it will fit.
Since you already have the alternate engine, I'd say go for it. Worst-case scenario is that you have to swap it all back out.

I have to agree with you across the board Falcon. Back when the pit bike craze started years ago. I did swap a bunch of motor parts from my Honda 50 to a Lifan motor and to my surprised it worked.

Post a reply to: YCF F-150cc engine change

The Latest