X games?

Edited Date/Time 8/6/2019 6:13am
Any word on a free way to way to watch? Livestreams?
|
Mossy
8/2/2019 9:22am
What a time. X Games is going on, and once again no one cares or even knows when and where it’s broadcasted. LOL. I remember as a kid I lived for that shit, watching McGrath win the Step Up live.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
8/2/2019 9:37am
What happened that killed it so bad? I remember looking forward to watching it with the kids, and now I'm the same way..I was like, huh, step up was last night?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/2/2019 9:51am
NITRODOG wrote:
What happened that killed it so bad? I remember looking forward to watching it with the kids, and now I'm the same way..I was like, huh...
What happened that killed it so bad? I remember looking forward to watching it with the kids, and now I'm the same way..I was like, huh, step up was last night?
In regards to the moto events I would guess progression stopped.

Back then you never knew what someone was going to pull off. Nowadays you know it's backflip trick, backflip trick, body varial, backflip trick, etc.

I still watch best whip.

The Shop

CivBars
8/2/2019 11:03am
Josh Hill should've rode the Alta in Step Up
8/2/2019 11:56am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2019 11:57am
I heard awhile ago Biker Sherlock, the perennial downhill street luge champion, took his own life... brain injuries, I believe.. sounded similar to Dave Mirra... Sad. RIP to both
ccullins
8/2/2019 12:09pm
NITRODOG wrote:
What happened that killed it so bad? I remember looking forward to watching it with the kids, and now I'm the same way..I was like, huh...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In regards to the moto events I would guess progression stopped. Back then you never knew what someone was going to pull off. Nowadays you know...
In regards to the moto events I would guess progression stopped.

Back then you never knew what someone was going to pull off. Nowadays you know it's backflip trick, backflip trick, body varial, backflip trick, etc.

I still watch best whip.
Thinking it’s more the fact that none of us watch ESPN anymore? Without that we never know that the X-Games are even happening
8/2/2019 12:31pm
Before they went to that espn360 thingy everyone around the world could watch xgames live.
After that you could only wait for reruns on youtube.

Remember staying up watching it form 4 to 8 in the morning live.
moto314
8/2/2019 12:39pm
I only knew it was on because I was talking to Josh Hill at the track last weekend and he said he was going to X games next week, I said X games is next week? I still record and watch most of it, big air is still pretty cool.
8/2/2019 1:44pm
if my memory isnt failing i think the downfall was after lusk passed and they dropped events like best trick due to safety, people stopped caring after then. and also the "characters" metz deegan pastrana etc all had stopped by then and a bunch of guys no ones really cares about came through
8/2/2019 1:54pm
Mossy wrote:
What a time. X Games is going on, and once again no one cares or even knows when and where it’s broadcasted. LOL. I remember as...
What a time. X Games is going on, and once again no one cares or even knows when and where it’s broadcasted. LOL. I remember as a kid I lived for that shit, watching McGrath win the Step Up live.
If you were a kid when McGrath won step up, you must not be very old. Tommy Clowers was the OG Step up King
8/2/2019 1:57pm
CivBars wrote:
Josh Hill should've rode the Alta in Step Up
I've been saying this since they came out! they could make a killer map for that event! and with the traction control available on electric vehicles, he would get a perfect run every time! they could literally make a map that he just pins it and its perfect every time.
8/2/2019 2:05pm
When were the X Games ever "free" to watch? Never. They've always been on ESPN. Stay off the internet and get a job. Then you can simply turn it on like other responsible human beings.
8/2/2019 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2019 2:56pm
That is simply not true . They hosted their own broadcast on X-games website for a lot of years.
Either you dont know or your just trying to stir things up whit false information.

Horrible quality back then but atleast it was live
greenmx5
8/2/2019 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2019 8:21pm
Well tonight they had women's skateboard park to open up the first hour of the primetime broadcast which was like watching paint dry. For the BMX big air, which I really look forward to watching, they changed the format to a 25 minute jam session. They all got 4 runs. At the 13 minutes mark they took a 5 minute commercial and then showed a 2 minute clip of Ryan Williams which was a marketing clip for Harley Davidson. Come back with 6 minutes left on the clock and missed a whole run from the whole lineup. No mention of what happened during the commerical break. Just resumed like nothing happened. These guys are still pulling out new tricks. There's still innovation there. Freestyle Moto is all the same stuff, and it's kind of hitting that wall.

If you're wondering why it isn't as popular, the new ESPN execs don't give a fuck about it like they used to. They just want to get it over with. I look forward to it every year about as much as I did back in 2001. But the spark isn't there anymore and the coverage is shit. It's more sentimental to me now I guess because it was my childhood, which is why I continue to watch. But I can see perfectly why nobody else gets excited.
8/2/2019 10:41pm
Mossy wrote:
What a time. X Games is going on, and once again no one cares or even knows when and where it’s broadcasted. LOL. I remember as...
If you were a kid when McGrath won step up, you must not be very old. Tommy Clowers was the OG Step up King
What happened to tommy clowers?
8/2/2019 10:42pm
When were the X Games ever "free" to watch? Never. They've always been on ESPN. Stay off the internet and get a job. Then you can...
When were the X Games ever "free" to watch? Never. They've always been on ESPN. Stay off the internet and get a job. Then you can simply turn it on like other responsible human beings.
Name says it all “dick”
Sierra Ranger
8/2/2019 11:06pm
Well, that went down pretty much how you would expect an X Games thread to go.

LINK

Friends and Family?
oldblood
8/2/2019 11:16pm
Well, that went down pretty much how you would expect an X Games thread to go. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgC7GjEq5C8]LINK[/url] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/02/364182/s1200_X_Games.jpg[/img] Friends and Family?

LINK

Friends and Family?
That's it, I'm taking the family to X games next year.
Sierra Ranger
8/2/2019 11:31pm
Are screen grabs legal? Bereman. There is some beautiful riding here anyways.

level
8/3/2019 5:30am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2019 5:31am
I had no idea it was even on until I saw ESPN and channel 2 whole looking for motocross to record which isn’t on this weekend. Smile bummed I missed last night
mauidex
8/3/2019 7:08am
Josh Hill needs to quit embarrassing himself. The dream is over.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/3/2019 7:22am
mauidex wrote:
Josh Hill needs to quit embarrassing himself. The dream is over.
He clearly didn't belong in the quarter pipe event. That said, if he's getting paid, more power to him.
8/3/2019 10:29am
When were the X Games ever "free" to watch? Never. They've always been on ESPN. Stay off the internet and get a job. Then you can...
Name says it all “dick”
Awe. Did I hurt your feelings insinuating that people should actually pay for pay services, vs trying to scam the man?
8/3/2019 10:32am
Well, that went down pretty much how you would expect an X Games thread to go. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgC7GjEq5C8]LINK[/url] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/08/02/364182/s1200_X_Games.jpg[/img] Friends and Family?

LINK

Friends and Family?
Hoofa. That ain't XGAMES heyday, that's for sure. Gravity Games was in Cleveland during the boom and it was capacity at every event. Good times and sweaty times lol.
bigjam
8/3/2019 11:53am
WTF did I just watch ?
greenmx5
8/3/2019 11:55am
Moto best trick bringing new tricks this year! Holy shit
malachi177
8/3/2019 12:19pm
I'm watching best trick on TV and have the Canadian Nationals on live timing. Holy crap,that X games stadium is empty!!!
greenmx5
8/3/2019 12:31pm
malachi177 wrote:
I'm watching best trick on TV and have the Canadian Nationals on live timing. Holy crap,that X games stadium is empty!!!
Ticket prices tripled and quadrupled from the heydays over greed and killed the experience. Multiple "passes" and special access tickets making it more complicated. A general admission ticket doesn't get you far at all and is crazy expensive

Post a reply to: X games?

The Latest