X Games Quarter Pipe

MX_Andrew83
7/16/2017 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2017 11:00am
That was hands down the scariest event I have ever watched. That takes a lot of talent and serious amount of fearlessness.

Anyone else get nervous when they were flying out of the ramp?
|
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/16/2017 5:26pm
Nah... Bereman's new sponsor has me "chilling" on my couch, very relaxed ! Whistling

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/16/2017 5:33pm
I got pretty nervous for those guys. It was awesome to see our local boy win though!!
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
7/16/2017 5:46pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I got pretty nervous for those guys. It was awesome to see our local boy win though!!
Colby is cool kid. Watched him grow up at the mx tracks. Glad he took the win too... Bereman was on fire !

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/16/2017 6:05pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Colby is cool kid. Watched him grow up at the mx tracks. Glad he took the win too... Bereman was on fire !
I haven't met him but we have a ton of mutual friends. I like Bereman and watched him come up racing CMC, but couldn't help but root for Colby. Those two were on another level!
MX_Andrew83
7/16/2017 6:24pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I haven't met him but we have a ton of mutual friends. I like Bereman and watched him come up racing CMC, but couldn't help but...
I haven't met him but we have a ton of mutual friends. I like Bereman and watched him come up racing CMC, but couldn't help but root for Colby. Those two were on another level!
I think Mcneil had a shot at it but that crash was brutal
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/16/2017 6:32pm
langhammx wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I haven't met him but we have a ton of mutual friends. I like Bereman and watched him come up racing CMC, but couldn't help but...
I think Mcneil had a shot at it but that crash was brutal
Agreed. He took a gnarly hit
Hut
7/16/2017 6:39pm
This? Looks pretty crazy
Hcallz5
7/16/2017 6:43pm
So chill bro.
MX_Andrew83
7/16/2017 6:49pm
Hut wrote:
This? Looks pretty crazy
Yeah, I almost came out of my seat a few times
Cokeham23
7/16/2017 8:03pm

That was honestly a really cool event to watch! It kinda brought back that edge of your seat feeling, for me at least. When Colby got on it heading up to the ramp in his final run, I was like "oh shit, he's gonna send it!" and he sure did.
Bereman did killer too! Dude has such great style. Would've liked to have seen Axell be able to compete. Hodges, Bereman, Raha, and McNeil would have been great to watch.
I think X-Games has something going into the future with those guys in step up, best whip (No twitter vote!), and now quarter pipe.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
7/16/2017 10:14pm
Cokeham23 wrote:
That was honestly a really cool event to watch! It kinda brought back that edge of your seat feeling, for me at least. When Colby got...

That was honestly a really cool event to watch! It kinda brought back that edge of your seat feeling, for me at least. When Colby got on it heading up to the ramp in his final run, I was like "oh shit, he's gonna send it!" and he sure did.
Bereman did killer too! Dude has such great style. Would've liked to have seen Axell be able to compete. Hodges, Bereman, Raha, and McNeil would have been great to watch.
I think X-Games has something going into the future with those guys in step up, best whip (No twitter vote!), and now quarter pipe.
I thought the same thing when he got on it! I was praying it went well because no one else went at it nearly as hard as Colby did. IMO, quarter pipe was the best one to watch this year.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
7/17/2017 3:22am
Looks like theres about 12 people in attendance
ricko
7/17/2017 11:00am
Thought it was pre sick, there form of measuring was odd in my opinion using the gas cap, but still cool none the less.
Polski934
7/17/2017 11:23am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Essentially a different version of step up. New to X-Games yes but Renner did that shit back in 2008. Renner is a total bad ass. On...
Essentially a different version of step up. New to X-Games yes but Renner did that shit back in 2008. Renner is a total bad ass. On a 2 stroke and nearly 60'.

https://youtu.be/rTTib4o0tU4

And 63'5" record in 2009.

https://youtu.be/zAOxC8KQU8E
The measurement systems were different, X Games was off the deck, and Renner's was off the ground. Eyeball test seems to be similar in height.

Not to take anything away from it because RR was definitely the progressive one and he called it out weeks ago when they first started acting like this was something new.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/17/2017 1:24pm
Polski934 wrote:
The measurement systems were different, X Games was off the deck, and Renner's was off the ground. Eyeball test seems to be similar in height. Not...
The measurement systems were different, X Games was off the deck, and Renner's was off the ground. Eyeball test seems to be similar in height.

Not to take anything away from it because RR was definitely the progressive one and he called it out weeks ago when they first started acting like this was something new.
I don't follow FMX/Freeride that much but good on Renner for calling them out on it. It's a new event at the X-Games yes but to say it's a completely new thing absolutely not. Like I mentioned Renner did that almost 10 years ago now.

The only guy trying to progress the whole FMX scene is Travis with his Nitro World Games event. He started it because he thought X-Games had run stale. He wants to see progression in the sport and he gives that platform at his event. Encourages people to go for world first/records. Sure he's got modified/cheater ramps but what else is going to push the movement forward. The Rock Solid Front Flip that was done at his event couldn't be done on a regular style ramp. Jackson Strong does a front flip off a regular ramp but it takes everything he has to pull it off. Forget about adding a big combo.

In my opinion if X-Games wants to keep moto at the event and interesting they'll have to adapt to new things or replace it with something else.

Rock Solid Front Flip. Also note the amount of people there compared to X-Games.

https://youtu.be/PPI-pWJtymQ
TDeath21
7/17/2017 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2017 2:58pm
Wrong thread

Post a reply to: X Games Quarter Pipe

The Latest