X Games Quarter Pipe

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2017 4:58 PM

That was hands down the scariest event I have ever watched. That takes a lot of talent and serious amount of fearlessness.

Anyone else get nervous when they were flying out of the ramp?

|

Epstein Barr is a form of the Herpes Virus.

7/16/2017 5:26 PM

Nah... Bereman's new sponsor has me "chilling" on my couch, very relaxed ! whistling

|

7/16/2017 5:31 PM

|

7/16/2017 5:33 PM

I got pretty nervous for those guys. It was awesome to see our local boy win though!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/16/2017 5:46 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I got pretty nervous for those guys. It was awesome to see our local boy win though!!

Colby is cool kid. Watched him grow up at the mx tracks. Glad he took the win too... Bereman was on fire !

|

7/16/2017 6:05 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

Colby is cool kid. Watched him grow up at the mx tracks. Glad he took the win too... Bereman was on fire !

I haven't met him but we have a ton of mutual friends. I like Bereman and watched him come up racing CMC, but couldn't help but root for Colby. Those two were on another level!

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/16/2017 6:24 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I haven't met him but we have a ton of mutual friends. I like Bereman and watched him come up racing CMC, but couldn't help but root for Colby. Those two were on another level!

I think Mcneil had a shot at it but that crash was brutal

|

7/16/2017 6:32 PM

langhammx wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

MX_Andrew83 wrote:

I think Mcneil had a shot at it but that crash was brutal

Agreed. He took a gnarly hit

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

7/16/2017 6:39 PM

This? Looks pretty crazy

|

7/16/2017 6:43 PM

So chill bro.

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

7/16/2017 6:49 PM

Hut wrote:

This? Looks pretty crazy

Yeah, I almost came out of my seat a few times

|

7/16/2017 8:03 PM

That was honestly a really cool event to watch! It kinda brought back that edge of your seat feeling, for me at least. When Colby got on it heading up to the ramp in his final run, I was like "oh shit, he's gonna send it!" and he sure did.
Bereman did killer too! Dude has such great style. Would've liked to have seen Axell be able to compete. Hodges, Bereman, Raha, and McNeil would have been great to watch.
I think X-Games has something going into the future with those guys in step up, best whip (No twitter vote!), and now quarter pipe.
|

7/16/2017 10:14 PM

Cokeham23 wrote:
That was honestly a really cool event to watch! It kinda brought back that edge of your seat feeling, for me at least. When Colby got on it heading up to the ramp in his final run, I was like "oh shit, he's gonna send it!" and he sure did.
Bereman did killer too! Dude has such great style. Would've liked to have seen Axell be able to compete. Hodges, Bereman, Raha, and McNeil would have been great to watch.
I think X-Games has something going into the future with those guys in step up, best whip (No twitter vote!), and now quarter pipe.

I thought the same thing when he got on it! I was praying it went well because no one else went at it nearly as hard as Colby did. IMO, quarter pipe was the best one to watch this year.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

7/17/2017 3:22 AM

Looks like theres about 12 people in attendance

|

7/17/2017 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2017 10:09 AM

Essentially a different version of step up. New to X-Games yes but Renner did that shit back in 2008. Renner is a total bad ass. On a 2 stroke and nearly 60'.

And 63'5" record in 2009.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/17/2017 11:00 AM

Thought it was pre sick, there form of measuring was odd in my opinion using the gas cap, but still cool none the less.

|

7/17/2017 11:23 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Essentially a different version of step up. New to X-Games yes but Renner did that shit back in 2008. Renner is a total bad ass. On a 2 stroke and nearly 60'.

And 63'5" record in 2009.

The measurement systems were different, X Games was off the deck, and Renner's was off the ground. Eyeball test seems to be similar in height.

Not to take anything away from it because RR was definitely the progressive one and he called it out weeks ago when they first started acting like this was something new.

|

7/17/2017 1:24 PM

Polski934 wrote:

The measurement systems were different, X Games was off the deck, and Renner's was off the ground. Eyeball test seems to be similar in height.

Not to take anything away from it because RR was definitely the progressive one and he called it out weeks ago when they first started acting like this was something new.

I don't follow FMX/Freeride that much but good on Renner for calling them out on it. It's a new event at the X-Games yes but to say it's a completely new thing absolutely not. Like I mentioned Renner did that almost 10 years ago now.

The only guy trying to progress the whole FMX scene is Travis with his Nitro World Games event. He started it because he thought X-Games had run stale. He wants to see progression in the sport and he gives that platform at his event. Encourages people to go for world first/records. Sure he's got modified/cheater ramps but what else is going to push the movement forward. The Rock Solid Front Flip that was done at his event couldn't be done on a regular style ramp. Jackson Strong does a front flip off a regular ramp but it takes everything he has to pull it off. Forget about adding a big combo.

In my opinion if X-Games wants to keep moto at the event and interesting they'll have to adapt to new things or replace it with something else.

Rock Solid Front Flip. Also note the amount of people there compared to X-Games.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/17/2017 2:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2017 2:58 PM

Wrong thread

|