Wtb public mx track

aj35
Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone knows of any tracks for sale preferably down south (south carolina ,Georgia, Florida etc) looking for an income producing track not just a private track . Throw out what you know of . Thanks
|
AngryBear
3/29/2021 8:40pm
aj35 wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone knows of any tracks for sale preferably down south (south carolina ,Georgia, Florida etc) looking for an income...
Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone knows of any tracks for sale preferably down south (south carolina ,Georgia, Florida etc) looking for an income producing track not just a private track . Throw out what you know of . Thanks
'income producing track'

may the force be with you
aj35
3/29/2021 8:47pm
aj35 wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone knows of any tracks for sale preferably down south (south carolina ,Georgia, Florida etc) looking for an income...
AngryBear wrote:
'income producing track'

To make a million in mx start with 2 mil lol . Love the sport dont need to get rich.

The Shop

crusher773
3/29/2021 8:57pm
Income producing MX track, this guy, what a jokester. Oh boy that's a good one I got a chuckle.
Moto88
3/29/2021 9:13pm
That Pecan Valley track does say 65 acres of mature income producing fruit trees! Not sure what $ they make but a bonus for trying to make a living owning a track. Plus that property looks pretty nice to live at and have a track at. No sense being negative when someone is trying to open a track when so many are closing!
aj35
3/29/2021 9:27pm
crusher773 wrote:
Income producing MX track, this guy, what a jokester. Oh boy that's a good one I got a chuckle.
So do you think all tracks are in the red ? If thats the case there would be no place to ride. You know people told me when I started my current business I wouldn't make any money well here I am a guy looking to buy a non income producing track with money from another non income producing business all so people on this forum and my son can continue to enjoy a sport that I have done my whole life. Thank God we are not relying on you to keep this sport going .
aj35
3/29/2021 9:31pm
Moto88 wrote:
That Pecan Valley track does say 65 acres of mature income producing fruit trees! Not sure what $ they make but a bonus for trying to...
That Pecan Valley track does say 65 acres of mature income producing fruit trees! Not sure what $ they make but a bonus for trying to make a living owning a track. Plus that property looks pretty nice to live at and have a track at. No sense being negative when someone is trying to open a track when so many are closing!
Thanks ill look into this place more . Everyone so damn negative. Don't think I'm gonna be loaded buying a track thats for sure but I'm pretty sure I can make money with the right one.
Spudnut
3/29/2021 9:33pm
I wish vital Mx still had The regional forums
PMR 3
Fantasy
594th
3/29/2021 11:22pm
Yes, there's a few like 591MX posted. Go for it man, we only live once! Enjoy life!
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
3/30/2021 1:57am
He said income producing not 'huge profits' producing. Good luck aj35 and keep us posted.
kage173
3/30/2021 3:08am
crusher773 wrote:
aj35 wrote:
So do you think all tracks are in the red ? If thats the case there would be no place to ride. You know people told...
So do you think all tracks are in the red ? If thats the case there would be no place to ride. You know people told me when I started my current business I wouldn't make any money well here I am a guy looking to buy a non income producing track with money from another non income producing business all so people on this forum and my son can continue to enjoy a sport that I have done my whole life. Thank God we are not relying on you to keep this sport going .
These statements weren't directed toward you, they were more of a commentary (and appreciation for) track owners and how much they give to keep the sport going. Tracks are very expensive, a lot of liability and a ton of work. The majority are run out of love for the sport. Few turn a buck but some do. If you're getting into it for profit then there are easier ways. But if it's a love thing and you're hoping to mitigate the expense and possibly come out slightly ahead then it's probably a good move.

Good luck.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/30/2021 5:23am
aj35 wrote:
AngryBear wrote:
'income producing track'

aj35 wrote:
To make a million in mx start with 2 mil lol . Love the sport dont need to get rich.
If you want to walk away from the sport with 1 million dollars, start with 2 million. Big difference.

FYI Nocona MX is for sale in far North Texas.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
3/30/2021 6:09am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2021 6:10am
crusher773 wrote:
aj35 wrote:
So do you think all tracks are in the red ? If thats the case there would be no place to ride. You know people told...
My dad meets some interesting people with his job. He met a guy that has bought (and I believe sold) several motocross tracks, he buys them when they are not doing so well, then gets them profitable. I don't know any of the track names or the details, and I know this goes back probably 4 or 5 years ago when my dad met him, but tracks can certainly be profitable if run correctly.
Motodave15
3/30/2021 9:00am
This thread got me thinking.... You could go buy like 4 or 5 acres of (Unrestricted land) underneath 30k.... and just put a fence around it and start riding.

Then eventually, you could open it up to the public if you wanted to.. This is my gameplan for my 40s lol. going to buy some land and ride it for a few years and determine if i want a public track or just keep it for the family to ride on forever.

https://www.landwatch.com/california-land-for-sale/recreational-property/price-under-49999/acres-under-10
aj35
3/30/2021 9:11am
Motodave15 wrote:
This thread got me thinking.... You could go buy like 4 or 5 acres of (Unrestricted land) underneath 30k.... and just put a fence around it...
This thread got me thinking.... You could go buy like 4 or 5 acres of (Unrestricted land) underneath 30k.... and just put a fence around it and start riding.

Then eventually, you could open it up to the public if you wanted to.. This is my gameplan for my 40s lol. going to buy some land and ride it for a few years and determine if i want a public track or just keep it for the family to ride on forever.

https://www.landwatch.com/california-land-for-sale/recreational-property/price-under-49999/acres-under-10
Its a good idea however property even raw land is crazy right now especially in free states. I'm actually selling a business to do this so some sort of income off the start would be beneficial. Also permitting is a lengthy and costly process in some areas. Florida actually has zoning for "racetrack" good luck finding that anywhere else. Learning alot in this process.
Shaggin589
3/30/2021 9:17am
Fast Farms in TN may still be available for sale? I know I inquired about purchase last year and the guy currently running it leases it from the owner for events. Well known and has had Lorettas Qualifier so might be worth checking out?
aj35
3/30/2021 9:20am
Shaggin589 wrote:
Fast Farms in TN may still be available for sale? I know I inquired about purchase last year and the guy currently running it leases it...
Fast Farms in TN may still be available for sale? I know I inquired about purchase last year and the guy currently running it leases it from the owner for events. Well known and has had Lorettas Qualifier so might be worth checking out?
Thanks I saw it was for sale maybe ill call just to poke around. That would be my wife's choice she has family in TN I would rather be where I never see snow ever again.
Shaggin589
3/30/2021 9:25am
aj35 wrote:
Thanks I saw it was for sale maybe ill call just to poke around. That would be my wife's choice she has family in TN I...
Thanks I saw it was for sale maybe ill call just to poke around. That would be my wife's choice she has family in TN I would rather be where I never see snow ever again.
I don’t blame you for that. Although I’ve been here 3 years and besides this ice storm that came through I haven’t seen any snow that actually sticks. Rain on the other hand!
crusher773
3/30/2021 9:36am
crusher773 wrote:
aj35 wrote:
Oh no some do they are just few and far between. I've done it myself and when you really step back and look at it with the hours you put in, you really aren't making money. It's just a constant fight with equipment, conditions and complaining people. It takes all the fun out of it.
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
3/30/2021 9:41am
Come to Tucson, AZ and skip the southeast humidity.

https://www.vitalmx.com/features/PING,7213 about 2nd or 3rd letter down

Pima Motorsports Park is owned by Pima County and sits on county land adjacent to the county fairgrounds and various other county owned facilities, such as race car tracks and a shooting range. The track, buildings, well, etc are pre-existing and the county awards a lease to an operator. As I understand it, the operator keeps whatever profit he turns above cost of lease. The track is currently without a lease holder and has been sitting idle for about a year. You'd need to contact the county personnel to get all the exact details and undertake the process to become the lease holder.

Preston412
3/30/2021 9:55am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2021 10:02am
This is or was Florida Cycle Park and was Thundercross Mx before that. It was a good place to ride when Dean Dyess owned/leased it who is now the owner/leaser of Orlando MX Park.

I am not sure if the location is the problem of it being a good place to run a MX track because of all the other tracks in the central Florida area. I would not mark it off your options because the soil is good and with the right layout and ability to change it up, you can get riders to come back. It has a main track and two smaller tracks but would probably scale down to just a main track, pee wee track and then a turn track

I would suggest looking into tracks in Georgia before pulling the trigger on a track in Florida do to the number of them here.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
3/30/2021 9:58am
Shaggin589 wrote:
Fast Farms in TN may still be available for sale? I know I inquired about purchase last year and the guy currently running it leases it...
aj35 wrote:
Thanks I saw it was for sale maybe ill call just to poke around. That would be my wife's choice she has family in TN I...
If were going to run a track for profit I would want it somewhere it could run year round. Buying a track that is already built has to be more cost efficient than starting with an undeveloped piece of land too.
45ACP
3/30/2021 10:56am
See if you can find any info on Freedom MX in Crosby, Tx. I think it's for sale (or was recently). It is formerly known as Highlands and has great potential. About 30 minutes from Houston, and the Houston area could sure use another track. Previous owner had really gotten it in good shape but it's been closed for about a year for unknown reasons.

Post a reply to: Wtb public mx track

The Latest