Wrong tire choice of Ken Roczen in Salt Lake City

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2020 11:33 AM

That‘s what i just read on motocrossplanet.

|

6/8/2020 11:34 AM

Yeah I get lapped twice every time I pick the wrong tire

|

6/8/2020 11:46 AM

He must have used rear tire in the front?

|

6/8/2020 11:49 AM

in the military we call this ... rationalizing your own failure!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/8/2020 11:51 AM

Maybe that’s why he did a sighting lap. (get familiar with the tire). One of the only riders to do so.

|

6/8/2020 11:52 AM

He didnt have enough air?

|

6/8/2020 11:57 AM

Photo
|

6/8/2020 12:00 PM

Sounds like motocrossplanet is fishing with click bait?

|

6/8/2020 12:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2020 12:04 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

Same quote at mxlarge. https://www.mxlarge.com/news/ken-roczen-his-struggles

|

6/8/2020 12:04 PM

Photo
|

6/8/2020 12:06 PM

I bet Bob Hannah reads that and laughs his ass off.

|

6/8/2020 12:10 PM

I didn't read that as he's blaming his tire choice. I read it as he's blaming his health issues and it was compounded with a bad tire choice which made matters worse.

|

6/8/2020 12:13 PM

Ken Roczen: “These past two races obviously haven’t been the results that we needed to be in the fight. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t still trying. Sometimes you’re dealt a hand of cards that are completely out of your control, but we’re trying to make the smartest and quickest decisions to get through some of the health issues that keep coming up. My heat went well and I led a handful of laps until I got a flat. The boulders started popping up and I think I know right where the rock got me in the whoops. With the weather changing, we tried to make a tire decision that would give me the best chances of not having that same thing happen in the main, but that obviously didn’t work well. I’m not the type of guy that likes to roll around or is satisfied with a fifth- or 10th-place finish, but sometimes if that’s the best you can do for the night, you just have to except it for what it is. I can’t thank my team enough for being patient with me and for never wavering in their support. I know the sacrifices they’re making to be up here and all of the work they’re putting in to give me the best equipment and support, and I want to do better for them. I couldn’t be more grateful for them and I hope we can turn this around and be in a better position to put up a fight on Wednesday.”

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/8/2020 12:13 PM

If it's on MXLarge it must be factual.....

|

6/8/2020 12:18 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Same quote at mxlarge. https://www.mxlarge.com/news/ken-roczen-his-struggles

DonM wrote:

If it's on MXLarge it must be factual.....

I'm bad at sarcasm. I'll be more overt next time! smile

|

6/8/2020 12:26 PM

Yeah reading that a couple of times - he didn’t come out and say his tire choice was the only reason. I feel for Ken but now is the time to say: it wasn’t my night and it’s back to the drawing board. Or something like that.

Forget all the little things and make the best of it. That finish had to crush his soul a bit. I hope he realizes he’s a champion and he has better days ahead of him. And if it doesn’t work out that’s ok too. It’s just motorcycle racing.

|

6/8/2020 12:27 PM

Did the team accidently install a slick tire thinking they were at a moto gp race? I mean this is the same team that forgot to run a high elevation engine tune.

|

6/8/2020 12:37 PM

Ralph: “Imagine how different the race would have gone if it had gone differently”

|

6/8/2020 1:34 PM

Did he run a mousse in front to prevent flats? I thought they all ran mousse in the rear tire so that couldn't go flat if so.

|

6/8/2020 1:40 PM

Markturbo wrote:

Did the team accidently install a slick tire thinking they were at a moto gp race? I mean this is the same team that forgot to run a high elevation engine tune.

I'm old enough to remember when Factory Honda was THE team to be on. The glory days, today not so much...

|

6/8/2020 2:14 PM

I wonder if he did the no air deal and it felt really weird to him

|

6/8/2020 2:19 PM

Larry450 wrote:

He must have used rear tire in the front?

This cracked me up.....

|

Don't be a Pussy...

6/8/2020 2:28 PM

Roczen thanks his team, says he has to do better, and folks want to bash him.

This is one of the greats who is obviously struggling. If you really follow the sport you know that Ken in the past was capable of rolling by Tomac and Webb and dropping them. After the injuries that’s not been the case. It’s damn shitty that folks here seem to want to celebrate his decline.

Eli and Cooper had an awesome battle Sunday. Imagine if Ken was part of it. It’s not a good thing that he wasn’t.

|

6/8/2020 2:29 PM

wrc777 wrote:

Did he run a mousse in front to prevent flats? I thought they all ran mousse in the rear tire so that couldn't go flat if so.

I’ve never heard of a Professional motocross rider using a mousse in a SX race. I have heard of a few riders using one in a MX race at a track with rocks that had the chance of getting flats, but by no means did all it most do it.

|

6/8/2020 2:43 PM

Almost all if not all factory teams use mousse in the rear tire for mx. Not so much if ever in sx

|

6/8/2020 3:40 PM

wrc777 wrote:

langhammx wrote:

I’ve never heard of a Professional motocross rider using a mousse in a SX race. I have heard of a few riders using one in a MX race at a track with rocks that had the chance of getting flats, but by no means did all it most do it.

I haven't heard of anyone using it in their tires, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them used it in their hair Photo

|

step derp, step step derp - my signature dance move

6/8/2020 4:38 PM

His directional front tire was installed backwards.

|

No brains, No headaches.

6/8/2020 4:44 PM

Makes perfect sense why he suddenly dropped 3 seconds a lap after 7min. I mean you gotta use your brain sometimes...

|

6/8/2020 5:15 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Ken Roczen: “These past two races obviously haven’t been the results that we needed to be in the fight. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t still trying. Sometimes you’re dealt a hand of cards that are completely out of your control, but we’re trying to make the smartest and quickest decisions to get through some of the health issues that keep coming up. My heat went well and I led a handful of laps until I got a flat. The boulders started popping up and I think I know right where the rock got me in the whoops. With the weather changing, we tried to make a tire decision that would give me the best chances of not having that same thing happen in the main, but that obviously didn’t work well. I’m not the type of guy that likes to roll around or is satisfied with a fifth- or 10th-place finish, but sometimes if that’s the best you can do for the night, you just have to except it for what it is. I can’t thank my team enough for being patient with me and for never wavering in their support. I know the sacrifices they’re making to be up here and all of the work they’re putting in to give me the best equipment and support, and I want to do better for them. I couldn’t be more grateful for them and I hope we can turn this around and be in a better position to put up a fight on Wednesday.”

Photo

|

6/8/2020 5:27 PM

Wrong grips on Wednesday leads to arm pump and an eighth place finish? Sunday food poisoning. Wednesday hangnail. Sunday sun was in my eyes. Wednesday dog ate my homework......and the beat goes on

|