Wrist brace for navicular (scaphoid) injury

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:55pm
I broke my navicular a few weeks ago, and Just saw the "tested" video on the home page. The OH2 brace looks good, any thoughts on using a brace after this type of injury? I'm in a cast for a while longer, and I was just looking for some feedback from others.

Thanks
|
Ddavis
9/7/2011 6:00pm
I rode with a broken navicular for over a year, got surgery, and now It's about as good as it'll get. I'm going to look into this brace because after 2 hours of riding I can't even hold on anymore.
RedRider31
9/7/2011 6:12pm
I broke my navicular a few weeks ago, and Just saw the "tested" video on the home page. The OH2 brace looks good, any thoughts on...
I broke my navicular a few weeks ago, and Just saw the "tested" video on the home page. The OH2 brace looks good, any thoughts on using a brace after this type of injury? I'm in a cast for a while longer, and I was just looking for some feedback from others.

Thanks
I broke mine right before summer, and had surgery in june. I've been back on my bike (track and trail) for about a week now, and it feels fine.

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
9/7/2011 6:22pm
Okay just didn't know if the brace would help or not. Seems like if you got it taken care of right way then it will probably be okay.

The Shop

bangmyhead
9/7/2011 6:26pm
awww man i just did my right wrist in, got 4 pins and 1 screw im hoping everything will be back to normal soon.....
stillwelding
9/7/2011 6:31pm
I broke my navicular a few weeks ago, and Just saw the "tested" video on the home page. The OH2 brace looks good, any thoughts on...

Thanks
Good Luck with that. After one surgery and 13 months in a cast, I finally got my right arm back (31 years ago). After 5 years, I was told by an Orthopedic surgeon, that it looked like the bone graft was eroding. After a head on (in a car) 5 years ago, more X-rays, and the surprising fact that my navicular is broken. I can live with it as it is (occasionally sore, especially after a lot of welding or cold weather) or have the wrist fused and lose all motion in the wrist. As a TIG welder, I've just had to learn to live with it, and can expect for it's condition to worsen over time. I'll probably be dead by then anyway.
SocalMXer
9/7/2011 6:37pm
I broke my scaphoid, more towards the top (supposedly the better half to have a break through), about 3 months ago. Have no pain when Im riding but if I fall on it I get a quick jar of pain. I used a basic wrist brace from walgreens, took out the metal bars and rode with no problem before getting it casted. Once its healed it should be fine, just be sure to do stretches and work the forearms for support
9/7/2011 7:02pm
Allow the time that the docs tell you for healing.
This is an injury that you want to be SUPER conservative with.
One of the most common injurys to end MX careers pro or amatuer.
Allsport Dynamics brace is THE best.
therealjonon
9/8/2011 6:27am
Brad, i recommend the brace. You remember what i was wearing last year to help my wrist? the first version of this brace. If you got the funds better safe then sorry. from what i heard from u and others its not fun and takes a long time to heal so..
kardy
9/8/2011 7:05am
The braces only attempt to prevent hyper-extension or direct impact, they don't provide much if any support, if that's what you're asking. You can wrap beneath them though...
PD441
9/8/2011 7:22am

Thanks

Wink
Seriously, good luck and don't rush it.
72kiteboarder
9/8/2011 7:24am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2011 7:24am
Also, make sure to ask the doctor if you have any ligament damage associated with your injury. It is common to suffer a torn ligament in injuries like this. I did and it is what still hurts everyday. I have to wrap my wrist to go bowling now and while I can still ride, with my wrist wrapped tight, it hurts like hell.

Post a reply to: Wrist brace for navicular (scaphoid) injury

The Latest