Would you want to work in the industry?

mrtuf
2/9/2021 9:45am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2021 4:00am

Would you like to work in the moto industry?

Want to work for a great company?

UFO Plast USA is looking for an inside sales rep.

If you're interested, send your resume to: dave@ufoplasticusa.com
|
byke
2/9/2021 9:49am
In my 40's when I care about little things like "retirement", definitely not. Most tightwad buddy-buddy industry ever. In my 20's though without a care in the world, heck yes.
PEPE001
2/9/2021 9:55am
Worked in the industry prior 2000.

If you want to have fun, hell yes!
If you want to make money, hell NO!
Brent
2/9/2021 11:34am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2021 11:35am
PEPE001 wrote:

there are only two ways to make decent money in the dirt bike industry:

(1) own a business that sells something to other dirt bike riders;

(2) ride a dirt bike faster than anyone else.

everyone else would be better off working at Chick Fil A or Starbucks, or getting an advanced education.

(and when I say "decent" I mean enough money to be able to qualify to buy a house)

Life is too short to work for someone else for crap wages.

The Shop

gt80rider
2/9/2021 11:59am
mrtuf wrote:
Would you like to work in the moto industry? Want to work for a great company? UFO Plast USA is looking for an inside sales rep...

ummmmm... you know people hate going into work right??? and a sales rep can crush from home right???
PEPE001
2/9/2021 12:35pm
PEPE001 wrote:

Brent wrote:
there are only two ways to make decent money in the dirt bike industry: (1) own a business that sells something to other dirt bike riders...

everyone else would be better off working at Chick Fil A or Starbucks, or getting an advanced education.

(and when I say "decent" I mean enough money to be able to qualify to buy a house)

Had my own business and unique stuff still was not enough money in it.
Titan1.
2/9/2021 3:11pm
I like dirt bikes too much to want to work in the industry...same way I like my friends to much to want to do business with them.
TeamGreen
2/9/2021 3:21pm
I dunno...I heard the boss is pretty Tuf on the help.

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Jmicmoto13
2/9/2021 3:26pm
Only if I was the boss and had a product in demand.
Brent
2/9/2021 3:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I’m jus’ sayin’...
hey were you riding a CRF 450 off road bike at Fox yesterday by chance?
?
TeamGreen
2/9/2021 3:43pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Brent wrote:
hey were you riding a CRF 450 off road bike at Fox yesterday by chance?
?
Yup!

And my crew of buddies were making me work for every lap!
Brent
2/9/2021 5:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/09/477747/s1200_D2196FCB_D4B7_488C_B74C_3866D07ADE88.jpg[/img] And my crew of buddies were making me work for every lap!
Yup!

Yeah, I was behind you for a bit , and that bike is so quiet I couldn’t hear the damn thing!
I didn’t know where you were parked or else I would have come by to introduce myself...
TeamGreen
2/9/2021 5:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/02/09/477747/s1200_D2196FCB_D4B7_488C_B74C_3866D07ADE88.jpg[/img] And my crew of buddies were making me work for every lap!
Yup!

Brent wrote:
Yeah, I was behind you for a bit , and that bike is so quiet I couldn’t hear the damn thing! I didn’t know where you...
Yeah, I was behind you for a bit , and that bike is so quiet I couldn’t hear the damn thing!
I didn’t know where you were parked or else I would have come by to introduce myself...
I put another hour on it and can now say," Well, it's broken in!"

The X does surprisingly fast laps on a MX track. It's stock suspensions settings are better than ANY "R" I've ridden. Ever.
The way it soaks up chop and square-edges is identical to really nice 48CVs. The springs are stiff enough to not "KLANG!" all over the track and the valving is amazing. It's funny how good it feels in ruts, too.
2/9/2021 7:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup!

Who cares about work or the Honda, great looking dog.
TeamGreen
2/9/2021 8:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yup!

1911 wrote:
Who cares about work or the Honda, great looking dog.
Thanks. That’s Milo. He came out of the van and was sayin’,”Hey! WTF? Where’s the Husky?!”
alphado
2/10/2021 7:15am
Looking for a Tooling Engineer?
40acres
2/10/2021 7:39am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2021 8:05am
mrtuf wrote:
Would you like to work in the moto industry? Want to work for a great company? UFO Plast USA is looking for an inside sales rep...

What is the salary and what does the benefits package consist of?
dbx33
2/10/2021 7:59am
I make some parts for another industry but would like to make a few great bike products. Dont have any distributor or retail channels lined up tho is whats preventing me.
mrtuf
2/10/2021 8:18am
40acres wrote:
Just to clear this up. This is an entry level position for inside sales and to assist us at some trackside events.
I hesitated to post this here for the negative response almost all posts get on this site from people who think they know but really don't. This would be a fun job for a person that wanted to be involved in the industry. If he enjoyed it here, there will be room for advancement as the US branch continues to grow, or they would have a good background to stay in the industry or just sales in general. And contrary to what some posted earlier 3 out of 4 of the employees here own their own houses, so you can make a decent living if you work for the right company as in any industry.
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
2/10/2021 9:35am
PEPE001 wrote:

Brent wrote:
there are only two ways to make decent money in the dirt bike industry: (1) own a business that sells something to other dirt bike riders...

You forgot about making click bait YouTube videos. Big money in that. $100k+ in coloring stock parts, Bolt on some tusk parts, and calling it an ultimate build😂
Brent
2/10/2021 9:44am
mrtuf wrote:
Just to clear this up. This is an entry level position for inside sales and to assist us at some trackside events. I hesitated to post...
Just to clear this up. This is an entry level position for inside sales and to assist us at some trackside events.
I hesitated to post this here for the negative response almost all posts get on this site from people who think they know but really don't. This would be a fun job for a person that wanted to be involved in the industry. If he enjoyed it here, there will be room for advancement as the US branch continues to grow, or they would have a good background to stay in the industry or just sales in general. And contrary to what some posted earlier 3 out of 4 of the employees here own their own houses, so you can make a decent living if you work for the right company as in any industry.
The reason some on here - me included- are making negative comments is because the power sports industry has earned it’s reputation as a low paying, disorganized group of employers who treat their employees with disregard.

Before I started my own business, I had a few up close and personal experiences of being employed by a couple of power sports’ larger companies, and it wasn’t an experience I remember fondly, and I’m not the only one.

Hopefully your company is different.
40acres
2/10/2021 9:56am
40acres wrote:
mrtuf wrote:
Just to clear this up. This is an entry level position for inside sales and to assist us at some trackside events. I hesitated to post...
There must be a really good reason you skated right around my questions with coded language like "entry level" and "room for advancement".
Titan1.
2/10/2021 10:15am
40acres wrote:
mrtuf wrote:
40acres wrote:
There must be a really good reason you skated right around my questions with coded language like "entry level" and "room for advancement".
He answered it pretty clearly from where I'm sitting...minimum wage and no benefits. Isn't that the English translation of "entry level" and "room for advancement" in job listings?
40acres
2/10/2021 10:19am
mrtuf wrote:
40acres wrote:
Titan1. wrote:
He answered it pretty clearly from where I'm sitting...minimum wage and no benefits. Isn't that the English translation of "entry level" and "room for advancement" in...
He answered it pretty clearly from where I'm sitting...minimum wage and no benefits. Isn't that the English translation of "entry level" and "room for advancement" in job listings?
He also stated 3 out of the 4 employees own their own home. That is not happening on minimum wage. Perhaps just stating the compensation outright would clear the air rather than beating around the bush?
2/10/2021 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2021 1:15pm
I have worked in the motorcycle industry for several companies for 20 years now and have traveled the world, had some incredible experiences, built a comfortable retirement fund, own more than one house, and love my job. My brother is also in the industry, and he’s even more successful than me. I have two good friends that are CFO level accountants. Both of them make more money than I do, but both of them are miserable at work. Follow your passion, no matter what it is. It is a recipe for a happy life. No matter what path you choose, the cream will rise to the top, and the top performers will be rewarded.
LungButter
2/10/2021 1:24pm
dbx33 wrote:
I make some parts for another industry but would like to make a few great bike products. Dont have any distributor or retail channels lined up...
I make some parts for another industry but would like to make a few great bike products. Dont have any distributor or retail channels lined up tho is whats preventing me.
Build parts.

Make website.

Sell parts.
DaveB771
2/10/2021 1:44pm
40acres wrote:
He also stated 3 out of the 4 employees own their own home. That is not happening on minimum wage. Perhaps just stating the compensation outright...
He also stated 3 out of the 4 employees own their own home. That is not happening on minimum wage. Perhaps just stating the compensation outright would clear the air rather than beating around the bush?
You could just shoot Dave an email and ask him yourself.
2/10/2021 1:52pm
40acres wrote:
mrtuf wrote:
As another industry professional, Thank you for posting the opportunity here and Keep up the epic work/products!
ti473
2/10/2021 2:01pm
40acres wrote:
mrtuf wrote:
40acres wrote:
Let me guess, you're the kind of guy who messages a company through Instagram about your order, and complain when they don't get back to you
mrtuf
2/10/2021 2:03pm
40acres wrote:
mrtuf wrote:
40acres wrote:
I didn't skate around the question. I feel the salary is a private matter between the employee and the company. If someone takes the job and they want to share that info that would be their prerogative. The job does come with full health care which is a big bonus for a young guy who rides or races. But I don't think you would be a good fit here so I don't know why you are so concerned with any of this.

Post a reply to: Would you want to work in the industry?

The Latest