Would you share your bike

Tbteam
2/27/2019 8:38am
Look for these three bikes at Daytona Vintage Day. And no, I won't be riding them, but they're mine. (I'll be out of town that day)

3/13/2019 9:55pm
My takeaway from the 6 hour team race:

Shout out to Gary Sutherlin. One of the only guys to help me get unstuck from a deep mud section. One of the guys there said “do you know you have one of the fastest off-road riders in the world helping you right now?” I thought that was rad.

When I was stuck there in the mud I figured I would lend a hand to other riders who fell in the quick sinking slop. One rider told me if I helped him get his bike out he’d give me a hand only to quickly take off after getting his bike out.

All in all it was a really fun track to race on, I just need to get on a different team for next year. My teammates didn’t let me get in one lap on my own bike. Wasn’t comfortable on the 380 sx with bent bars and a sponge as a front brake. Couldn’t push hardly at all & Was fighting the front end all day.
Bearuno
3/14/2019 2:41am
"my teammates didn't let me get in one lap on my own bike".

So, you offered up your late model bike, and they comandered it from you, leaving you their old, seemingly ill prepared bike(s) to ride?

I don't really know what to say that won't be seen as being nasty to you. Perhaps you're a generous soul, that has very 'taking' friends, is about as gentle as I can be.
Motofinne
3/14/2019 2:44am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2019 3:00am
Not a chance. I always hesitate when i try my friends bikes, often i deny the opportunity to get on other peoples bikes unless it is a demo day.

I would buy with my friends a bike and sell it after the endurance race.

The Shop

JasonJLF
3/14/2019 6:03am
Bearuno wrote:
"my teammates didn't let me get in one lap on my own bike". So, you offered up your late model bike, and they comandered it from...

So, you offered up your late model bike, and they comandered it from you, leaving you their old, seemingly ill prepared bike(s) to ride?

I don't really know what to say that won't be seen as being nasty to you. Perhaps you're a generous soul, that has very 'taking' friends, is about as gentle as I can be.
I couldn't believe this too when I read it. Seriously, they rode your new bike while making you ride their piles of shit.?

Time for some new friends.
mattmatt300
3/14/2019 6:33am
The only way I’d share is if they had similarly well maintained bikes. I’m not lending my nice ride to people because they don’t take care of theirs.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
3/14/2019 6:51am
Tbteam wrote:
Look for these three bikes at Daytona Vintage Day. And no, I won't be riding them, but they're mine. (I'll be out of town that day)...
Look for these three bikes at Daytona Vintage Day. And no, I won't be riding them, but they're mine. (I'll be out of town that day)

Wanna be friends?
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2789th
3/14/2019 7:07am
OUMX117 wrote:
Less than no chance of that happening for me. If I were doing that type of race the three of us would buy a bike, race...
Less than no chance of that happening for me. If I were doing that type of race the three of us would buy a bike, race the event, then sell the bike. Everything split 3 ways at every step of the process.
This is the right way to do it. Buy, build, sell 3 ways.
3/14/2019 7:18am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2019 7:19am
Bearuno wrote:
"my teammates didn't let me get in one lap on my own bike". So, you offered up your late model bike, and they comandered it from...

No, it wasn’t that. I brought my yz125 with me as the back up bike. They didn’t want to switch bikes because they said we would lose too much time. We were already in last place, and I just wanted to try the track at least once on my own bike. But when I tried to wave them down so I could switch the current bike they were on to mine in the pits they would just ignore me and ride off.

They were adamant from the very beginning that the 125 was not enough power for them to ride.
AZRider
3/14/2019 7:23am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2019 7:24am
I did this exact thing for a 6hr event at glen helen years ago. The 2 other guys chipped in afterwards for a new topend and basic freshening. That wasnt the plan but my yz250f was ROACHED after the race. Good friends are worth more than any bike.
mxer15
3/14/2019 7:24am
Never I have let someone use my bike 2 times one severe knee injury the other 2000.00 in damage when he crashed
Talisker
3/14/2019 8:52am
These guys are not friends. They are everyday, common, nothing special about them BROS!!!!
Don't worry, 20 years will go by faster than you think. I already know where they will be!!!!
Bearuno
3/14/2019 1:22pm
Bearuno wrote:

No, it wasn’t that. I brought my yz125 with me as the back up bike. They didn’t want to switch bikes because they said we would...
No, it wasn’t that. I brought my yz125 with me as the back up bike. They didn’t want to switch bikes because they said we would lose too much time. We were already in last place, and I just wanted to try the track at least once on my own bike. But when I tried to wave them down so I could switch the current bike they were on to mine in the pits they would just ignore me and ride off.

They were adamant from the very beginning that the 125 was not enough power for them to ride.
Well, sport, you'd written about your 'mates' wanting to hammer your 18 FC 350.

And not their bikes.

And, Not a bloody 125.

So, be clear, what bike of yours were they on that that they wouldn't get off when you waved them down?

Any prick that would not hand my bike to me, when I required it of them, would be dealt with accordingly. That is to say, quite harshly. The picture you've painted of these 'friends', doesn't show them in a good light.
3/14/2019 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2019 2:33pm
Bearuno wrote:
Well, sport, you'd written about your 'mates' wanting to hammer your 18 FC 350. And not their bikes. And, Not a bloody 125. So, be clear...
Well, sport, you'd written about your 'mates' wanting to hammer your 18 FC 350.

And not their bikes.

And, Not a bloody 125.

So, be clear, what bike of yours were they on that that they wouldn't get off when you waved them down?

Any prick that would not hand my bike to me, when I required it of them, would be dealt with accordingly. That is to say, quite harshly. The picture you've painted of these 'friends', doesn't show them in a good light.
To be clear, after we established that my 350 would not be involved we decided to race one of their bikes.

They were on their OWN bike, when they refused to let me switch to mine. So not too big of a deal that we hammered their bike the entire time. I just thought it would be cool to ride my 125 my last lap since it was the spare bike we had brought.

Post a reply to: Would you share your bike

The Latest