Would you run them?

yamahaha131
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 2:02pm
Pro Taper “micro” bars like Zacho has. As a big guy with little hands I would kill for a set as I love the feel of my pit bike bars. Is there a market for this? Am I crazy? Attention Paul Perebijnos!
|
jeffro503
1/17/2019 6:50pm
Pit bike bars on a full size bike?? Kinda sounds like a scary ride.
yamahaha131
1/17/2019 6:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, my understanding is they are “full size” bar spec with tapered down ends at the grip area only.
jeffro503
1/17/2019 6:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, my understanding is they are “full size” bar spec with tapered down ends at the grip area only.
Ahh...got ya. Any pics of said bars?
BR8ES
1/17/2019 7:01pm
I thought ML said he was running a set, but these aren't readily available to the masses yet? The Micro bars being advertised are for minis I think.

The Shop

yamahaha131
1/17/2019 7:02pm
jeffro503 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Ahh...got ya. Any pics of said bars?
Osborne mentioned them in a podcast, I believe with Matthes. Top of his priority list of parts he travels with to offseason races (Bercy, etc.) If i recall Matthes let on like it wasn’t exactly public knowledge but Zach seemed fine sharing.
yamahaha131
1/17/2019 7:10pm
Here is where I first heard Zach mention it. 30 minute mark.

yamahaha131
1/17/2019 7:12pm
BR8ES wrote:
I thought ML said he was running a set, but these aren't readily available to the masses yet? The Micro bars being advertised are for minis...
I thought ML said he was running a set, but these aren't readily available to the masses yet? The Micro bars being advertised are for minis I think.
I believe you are correct. I feel like in another pod he (Osborne) referred to them as micro.
BR8ES
1/17/2019 7:14pm
BR8ES wrote:
I thought ML said he was running a set, but these aren't readily available to the masses yet? The Micro bars being advertised are for minis...
I believe you are correct. I feel like in another pod he (Osborne) referred to them as micro.
Those bars posted are pretty cool though and apparently attainable. Be interesting to hear your feedback if you get them.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
1/17/2019 7:15pm
I think i would like them, but cant afford them.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/17/2019 7:16pm
I have a set, they aren’t available to the public...yet...not sure what the status is on them. I know Paul at Pro Taper has some cool ideas in the work though. Being that I wear a small to x-small glove, I love them. But I only have one set so they’re only on one bike at a time...Sad
MX915
1/17/2019 7:21pm
seth505 wrote:
Doesn't Neken already have some of those out?

https://www.nk-neken.com/en/sfh-handlebars
I think the Neken uses a thicker grip, but being the bar diameter is thinner at the grip area the outer diameter is the same as a standard bar / grip. I think the microbar uses a smaller diameter grip so the outside diameter is less then standard.

Probably the reason why Neken is using the thicker grip as a marketing tool for their "smooth feeling" system where Pro Taper microbars are marketed toward riders with smaller hands since the grips are actually smaller.

Heres a link to the Neken bar that MXA did.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-team-tested-neken-sfh-handlebars/
yamahaha131
1/17/2019 7:25pm
ML512 wrote:
I have a set, they aren’t available to the public...yet...not sure what the status is on them. I know Paul at Pro Taper has some cool...
I have a set, they aren’t available to the public...yet...not sure what the status is on them. I know Paul at Pro Taper has some cool ideas in the work though. Being that I wear a small to x-small glove, I love them. But I only have one set so they’re only on one bike at a time...Sad
Jealous. I think for a person with a smaller grip it would cut down on arm pump/ fatigue. ML any feedback in that department?
Jrewing
1/17/2019 7:33pm
Pro Taper “micro” bars like Zacho has. As a big guy with little hands I would kill for a set as I love the feel of...
Pro Taper “micro” bars like Zacho has. As a big guy with little hands I would kill for a set as I love the feel of my pit bike bars. Is there a market for this? Am I crazy? Attention Paul Perebijnos!
It must make your Wang seem massive when in hand!
yamahaha131
1/17/2019 8:04pm
Pro Taper “micro” bars like Zacho has. As a big guy with little hands I would kill for a set as I love the feel of...
Jrewing wrote:
It must make your Wang seem massive when in hand!
Don’t I wish! ?
kNewc
1/18/2019 5:38am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2019 12:36pm
ML512 wrote:
I have a set, they aren’t available to the public...yet...not sure what the status is on them. I know Paul at Pro Taper has some cool...
I swear that Paul said in that same PulpMX Podcast that they were going to be available in a kit that he thought was expensive, starting at $150 or something. I could be far off on that though, but I swear he was mentioning they were coming and it was going to be a bit pricey compared to the normal Pro Taper line-up. Again, could be wrong.
The biggest change up for me in making my handle bars slightly skinnier was switching to thinner grips. Renthal Softs are a god-send haha.
EDIT: That's right, as early pointed out below it will be more expensive as it will come in a kit with new throttle tube and grips.
Spooner
1/18/2019 5:56am
I’m fairly certain Neken will be offering smaller grips for their bar soon.
ben5020
1/18/2019 6:41am
I know g2 ergonomics makes smaller throttle tubes for some of the pros out there, he told me he’d be glad to make one up for me as well
early
Fantasy
2212th
1/18/2019 6:55am
I think it's sold as a system, bars, grips, throttle tube which is why it's expensive.

I have the opposite problem, my hands have big palms, large gloves are too small but the fingers on XL gloves are usually too long which is annoying.
bvm111
1/18/2019 7:07am
ML512 wrote:

PRM31
1/18/2019 7:22am
As soon as I saw those I sent Pro Taper an email asking how I could get them. Never heard back. So yes, I would buy them.
yamahaha131
1/18/2019 12:20pm
ML512 wrote:
kNewc wrote:
I swear that Paul said in that same PulpMX Podcast that they were going to be available in a kit that he thought was expensive, starting...
I swear that Paul said in that same PulpMX Podcast that they were going to be available in a kit that he thought was expensive, starting at $150 or something. I could be far off on that though, but I swear he was mentioning they were coming and it was going to be a bit pricey compared to the normal Pro Taper line-up. Again, could be wrong.
The biggest change up for me in making my handle bars slightly skinnier was switching to thinner grips. Renthal Softs are a god-send haha.
EDIT: That's right, as early pointed out below it will be more expensive as it will come in a kit with new throttle tube and grips.
I would gladly spend the $150-200 for sure.
GODZILLA
1/18/2019 2:02pm
MX915 wrote:
I think the Neken uses a thicker grip, but being the bar diameter is thinner at the grip area the outer diameter is the same as...
I think the Neken uses a thicker grip, but being the bar diameter is thinner at the grip area the outer diameter is the same as a standard bar / grip. I think the microbar uses a smaller diameter grip so the outside diameter is less then standard.

Probably the reason why Neken is using the thicker grip as a marketing tool for their "smooth feeling" system where Pro Taper microbars are marketed toward riders with smaller hands since the grips are actually smaller.

Heres a link to the Neken bar that MXA did.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-team-tested-neken-sfh-handlebars/
You got it right.
Neken SFS: small bar ends, normal outer diameter grips.
Pro Taper micro grip: small bar ends, small grips, kids only for now, except fort the happy few like Osborne and ML.

Post a reply to: Would you run them?

The Latest