Would you chip in $20 to support MX of Nations?

rawjahdesigns
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2022 5:44pm
Obviously Paul has something really awesome going on with the Golf Fundraiser,

This is really cool. I want to try and attend this.

Total hypothetical situation i was thinking of...

So this is super basic thoughts right here, but a month or so ago when I was sitting around thinking after hearing Pulp or someone talk about America's lack of funds for Motocross of nations, It had me wondering how much money they would necessarily need.

I started just doing basic math... We have a lot of fans... Supercross stadiums hold what 45,000 people, (just basing this off a simple anaheim search even though it's not the biggest one)17 rounds, 45,000 =765,000 people approx...
So i was thinking how in the world could we not get, for example 30,000 people to donate $20?? Seems like it would be a no-brainer, and I think we could have way more than 30,000 people donate on top of probably being willing to donate more than $20 also.... again this was something I quickly was just sitting around and thinking like how we allow this to happen, but even as fans, we should be able to raise a million dollars for Team America to go race simply from fans alone...

Am I completely off on this?

Yes, i know there's a lot that comes down to it, But as fans, we demand a lot from these guys too, why cant we chip in to help get them there and maybe some extra coin in there pocket for the Effort.

Thoughts?
|
wisey
Fantasy
1380th
8/17/2022 12:08pm
Whenever I race a AMA amateur event I feel like I’m already donating
alphado
8/17/2022 12:09pm
AMA used to sell T-Shirts, hats etc to support the cause. One year they sold autographed sticker sets.
byke
8/17/2022 12:13pm
I *want* to say yes because it oozes of grass roots romanticism, but ultimately the teams should be paying for their riders to go. I'm sure there are gear deals worth more than 30,000 x $20, sooo...yeah, these people can swing it if they want to. I'd pitch in $20 for some brokedick privateer Puerto Rico team though.

The Shop

RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
8/17/2022 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2022 12:42pm
Lol, Right, pitch in money so millionaires' can go race motorcycles for multinational companies while promoters, tv networks, gear companies etc. make money on it. No thanks!
MudPup545
8/17/2022 12:39pm
As mentioned above, there used to be merchandise sold to fund raise for the team expenses. If I could snag a cool shirt, hat etc….. I’d consider it. Maybe hold raffles/sweepstakes for some high end prizes?
downonmonday
8/17/2022 12:55pm
That's a hard no. They can afford to go. It's not some privateer living out of his beat up box van with a roached out CRF450.
kijen
8/17/2022 1:51pm
I can barley afford my own riding and bike repairs, and you think giving millionares more money. Nope.
Anytime we buy aftermarket parts and gear a portion is going to either the riders by money or free parts. Honestly im sort of tired of making others rich.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/17/2022 2:39pm
I’ll donate the graphics that I won in Fantasy SX to help ?
crusher773
8/17/2022 2:43pm
Hard no with how high they have jacked the VIP prices. They can take the money out of that.
TXDirt
8/17/2022 2:52pm
Hard no.

Reminds me of the guy who recommended we start a GoFundMe for DC to start his own streaming company.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
8/17/2022 3:49pm
Im also on the make a cool t shirt with the riders on it , with the money going to the team effort and im in.
MXMattii
8/17/2022 5:10pm
byke wrote:
I *want* to say yes because it oozes of grass roots romanticism, but ultimately the teams should be paying for their riders to go. I'm sure...
I *want* to say yes because it oozes of grass roots romanticism, but ultimately the teams should be paying for their riders to go. I'm sure there are gear deals worth more than 30,000 x $20, sooo...yeah, these people can swing it if they want to. I'd pitch in $20 for some brokedick privateer Puerto Rico team though.
Teams are asking money to let them drive... It's a total contradiction because you ask money to have your rider at the biggest motocross event of the year and all brands are along with promotion like goggles, pipes with flags on... but still that money doesn't get to the teams. Or they aren't smart enough to ask bonuses to the sponsors for MXDN. I don't know anymore.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/17/2022 6:49pm
I'll repeat ad nauseam that this is a commercial event so unique that the promoter should pay for the teams out of his profit.
Dirt.Squirt
8/17/2022 6:57pm
RonSkj wrote:
Lol, Right, pitch in money so millionaires' can go race motorcycles for multinational companies while promoters, tv networks, gear companies etc. make money on it. No...
Lol, Right, pitch in money so millionaires' can go race motorcycles for multinational companies while promoters, tv networks, gear companies etc. make money on it. No thanks!
YoU jUsT dOnT lOvE tHe SpOrT bRo
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
8/17/2022 7:31pm
TXDirt wrote:
Hard no.

Reminds me of the guy who recommended we start a GoFundMe for DC to start his own streaming company.
Imma guess that guy was.. DC
bvm111
8/17/2022 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 7:42am
before the last election i might have … currently i’m over taxed, prices/ inflation are out of control, and my retirement accounts are down so far i’m scared to get out of the military next year after 32 years of service…. so yeah no!

edit: I guess 3 of you don’t support the military, believe in “paying your fair share”, think inflation is a good thing, and your retirement accounts are higher than they were last year???
jmc2
Fantasy
1679th
8/17/2022 7:46pm
Donated back in 1981 and still have the T shirt
cjg23307
8/17/2022 7:47pm
alphado wrote:
AMA used to sell T-Shirts, hats etc to support the cause. One year they sold autographed sticker sets.
I would be more then happy to pay for a shirt, sweatshirt, jacket. But the fact that no one can organize something like this that would make a lot of money is beyond me.
rawjahdesigns
8/17/2022 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/17/2022 7:53pm
langhammx wrote:
I’ll donate the graphics that I won in Fantasy SX to help ?
you must not read the rules from your facebook-less facebook which is where this originated. If you won a price, it's that person's duty to contact me within 24-72 hours. Many did, and many didn't. It was clear CLEAR AS DAY IN THE RULES, I wasn't going to chase anybody down or babysit people for their free stuff and it was their job to simply DM me or email me within that time frame to redeem their Free prize.

speaking of which, I now go back and search your email and find something in my spam... But it's from something on May 7th, and it looks like you got 5th, so you didn't win anything for 5th anyway.

But, since Rob can't keep a company going it seems like you need graphics so bad, let me know what you want and ill put it on the business tab, just like everyone else expects free and yesterday. Jk Jk Jk

to everyone else, the point isn't to give these guys more money. The point is to get them to the race, or whatever seems to be the issue... Believe it or not, but I'm not in the middle of it. lol. I simply said numbers, that would allow of to watch our favorite racers and offset any issues... But I guess every idea I have is shit... nah, thats not it. I know what it is..... Smile

This would pay for our streaming etc within that $20...
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/17/2022 8:26pm
you must not read the rules from your facebook-less facebook which is where this originated. If you won a price, it's that person's duty to contact...
you must not read the rules from your facebook-less facebook which is where this originated. If you won a price, it's that person's duty to contact me within 24-72 hours. Many did, and many didn't. It was clear CLEAR AS DAY IN THE RULES, I wasn't going to chase anybody down or babysit people for their free stuff and it was their job to simply DM me or email me within that time frame to redeem their Free prize.

speaking of which, I now go back and search your email and find something in my spam... But it's from something on May 7th, and it looks like you got 5th, so you didn't win anything for 5th anyway.

But, since Rob can't keep a company going it seems like you need graphics so bad, let me know what you want and ill put it on the business tab, just like everyone else expects free and yesterday. Jk Jk Jk

to everyone else, the point isn't to give these guys more money. The point is to get them to the race, or whatever seems to be the issue... Believe it or not, but I'm not in the middle of it. lol. I simply said numbers, that would allow of to watch our favorite racers and offset any issues... But I guess every idea I have is shit... nah, thats not it. I know what it is..... Smile

This would pay for our streaming etc within that $20...
Dennis,
I don’t want to clog up your thread with this, but figured I’d at least address what you posted. As I told you on one of the several emails we’ve changed, I don’t have Facebook and I wasn’t interested in chasing free products any more than you were interested in chasing the ones who actually won anything.
You might want to check your emails… you asked me for my address to send me a t-shirt for 3rd place from round #1. (January 10th) Not to mention at least 2 other rounds that I know that I won.
But no worries bud, I honestly don’t need graphics, I just had my ‘23 KTM graphics done and I certainly don’t expect anything for free, from you or anyone else for that matter.

FYI-
I got 4th in Truman’s league, I won both Vital leagues and 4 other friends leagues and won over $4750 in the process. I got 11th in the championship league and EVS sent me a set of $800 knee braces. I didn’t even have to DM them or anything, they contacted me and sent me what I won. Imagine that….

I hope you can take this light heartedly, because I am just busting your balls, I never saw your “CLEAR AS DAY RULES”.
rawjahdesigns
8/17/2022 8:40pm
"i don't want to clog up your thread but ill go ahead and do it anyways"

I didn't have to read anything because the bottom sentence was in caps and clear as day and answers your own question of, the rules you never saw clear as day were because you did not have an account for where the content originated.

on top of that, we did it within a few days of the series starting, and everything happened so quickly.

I will take the blame for Not posting the rules on here like I probably should have since, there were a good amount of players that joined once I posted about it on VitalMX, but, I posted it on vital, the same day as the race, as far as I Can remember - that's how short notice this all was.

I do know Tanner, and Of you, and I don't truly believe you have any bad intentions, and yeah I threw a little jab for fun in there again just messing around, but honestly if you need some graphics let me know.

It was simply a rule though to contact me to get the prizes, just so I didn't have to chase people down, as a single-person (i know, shitty excuse in reality) business trying to do 100 things at once, I figured that could be one thing just to take off my plate is all..

Live and learn, Braap On Langham! and let me know brother, even in the future, if you need something, I bought a second printer that does all the Chrome and Metallics that the companies were using before wide format, Im sure you were around and have seen them but I don't want to say the name on here. But we can print any color in chrome now. Smile There back!

Post a reply to: Would you chip in $20 to support MX of Nations?

The Latest