Would you care if they would race doped?

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2019 3:56pm
What if in a delusional, parallel universe MXSports and FELD comes together tomorrow and they choose to drop the USADA and WADA tests. Also they choose to replace them with nothing, and let racers do and take whatever they want. How would you feel about it? Knowing that getting supported by medics and trainers who know how it works cost lots of money.

I mean about doped everything between: PED and Blood transfusions, IV's to Testosterone.
Poll

What would be your biggest concern if it was allowed?!

Choices
|
kb228
6/6/2018 4:48pm
I think the list of banned substances is too long. Banning IVs for hydration and the stuff tickle was suspended for is stupid.

I dont know every possible PED out there but id think the list shouldnt be more than 20 items long. And that includes meth and crack and all that.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/6/2018 4:55pm
Ofcourse it souldn't be allowed but they should change the way they deal with it.
Make a list of substances from very bad to not-so-bad and a list of penalties accordingly. Every rider knows what can happen if they take this and that or what can happen if they're not careful what they eat.
Take a substance you're not sure about and you risk a 5 race ban.

But how they do it. The riders have no clue, aren't allowed to race, and in the end they get an EMAIL (!!!) saying their career is over because they are banned for 4 years.
plowboy
6/6/2018 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 5:00pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Ofcourse it souldn't be allowed but they should change the way they deal with it. Make a list of substances from very bad to not-so-bad and...
Ofcourse it souldn't be allowed but they should change the way they deal with it.
Make a list of substances from very bad to not-so-bad and a list of penalties accordingly. Every rider knows what can happen if they take this and that or what can happen if they're not careful what they eat.
Take a substance you're not sure about and you risk a 5 race ban.

But how they do it. The riders have no clue, aren't allowed to race, and in the end they get an EMAIL (!!!) saying their career is over because they are banned for 4 years.
What GuyB posted about NASCAR testing sounds far more reasonable.
tempura
6/6/2018 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 5:07pm
The odds are already skewed in favour of big $$$ teams. How about let the privateers take what they want to even up the playing field?? lol... joking of course, but people thinking doping is creating an un-even playing field should take a look at the equipment and resource differences that create more of an unfair playing field than anything else.

The Shop

mxb2
6/6/2018 5:25pm
tempura wrote:
The odds are already skewed in favour of big $$$ teams. How about let the privateers take what they want to even up the playing field...
The odds are already skewed in favour of big $$$ teams. How about let the privateers take what they want to even up the playing field?? lol... joking of course, but people thinking doping is creating an un-even playing field should take a look at the equipment and resource differences that create more of an unfair playing field than anything else.
The factorys have more $$. And will get better stuff than the privateer.bikes and supplements.
plowboy
6/6/2018 5:41pm
I stopped watching stick/ball sports because of this kind of thing. I'd hate to give up watching MX because I thought the win went to the best cheater. Even if they did away with testing and it was anything goes...you can have it.
6/6/2018 5:47pm
Let em juice. It makes for better racing Tongue

Just kidding. Allowing it sends the wrong impression to the up and coming generation. They should absolutely test but the substance list and penalty process needs to be reviewed.

With that being said, I'd say alot of them are already doing it.
Bruce372
6/6/2018 6:53pm
I cannot believe that people are so selfish they would want riders to put themselves under even more health risks beyond the nature of racing.

Oh wait, I can believe it because the world is full of sell centered, selfish cunts.
JMFNB
6/6/2018 7:36pm
The BEST years of baseball was when they were all juicing..Mcguire vs Sosa homerun race....just saying!
twotwosix
6/6/2018 7:44pm
We need a program that bans the WADA list but is faster and has MX tailored penalties.
SwingHard
6/6/2018 8:17pm
JMFNB wrote:
The BEST years of baseball was when they were all juicing..Mcguire vs Sosa homerun race....just saying!
Every Owner,GM and front office Suit would agree with you,even today!
loftyair
6/6/2018 8:32pm
2 series, 1 juices, other straightbait. Ill watch and support the naturals.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/6/2018 8:43pm
We need to start a poll school.
bvm111
6/6/2018 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 8:44pm
Who cares what they do... and they are not role models, I’m a parent and it’s my responsibility to let my boy know what’s good and bad not a professional athlete.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
6/7/2018 12:16am
Everyone loves RC - and he definitely used everything that was available at the time.
roninho
6/7/2018 1:14am
kb228 wrote:
I think the list of banned substances is too long. Banning IVs for hydration and the stuff tickle was suspended for is stupid. I dont know...
I think the list of banned substances is too long. Banning IVs for hydration and the stuff tickle was suspended for is stupid.

I dont know every possible PED out there but id think the list shouldnt be more than 20 items long. And that includes meth and crack and all that.
Banning iv's is stupid?

Either you use an iv with medical reason (dehydration) and in that case you are not alowed to race again that day. Because it is simply unsafe after dehydration.

Or you use an iv without medical reason and race. in that case its banned because an iv actually has a substantial performance impact.
PTshox
6/7/2018 1:27am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 1:32am
Do they limit motor mods outside of a few restrictions (castings, gears etc)? Pushing the envelope on the engines results in better OEM product. They find out where things fail via racing.

So let's apply the same type of limits to the human element. You have to have 2 legs, 2 arms... 2 eyes. After that Bring your best chemists to the table. Find out where the limit is. All in the name of building a better athlete! )
Crush
6/7/2018 2:09am
I don't like the idea of an environment where teams and sponsors, or parents start making available substances that are potentially harmful to little Johnny because just like the fastest race motor you gotta have it to be the best.

Gus
6/7/2018 3:09am
roninho wrote:
Banning iv's is stupid? Either you use an iv with medical reason (dehydration) and in that case you are not alowed to race again that day...
Banning iv's is stupid?

Either you use an iv with medical reason (dehydration) and in that case you are not alowed to race again that day. Because it is simply unsafe after dehydration.

Or you use an iv without medical reason and race. in that case its banned because an iv actually has a substantial performance impact.
This....Believe it. Running in 1-2 liters of fluid with some IV vitamins while waiting for moto 2 on a 100 degree day would be HUGE....now back to PEDs
billyp330
6/7/2018 5:44am
bvm111 wrote:
Who cares what they do... and they are not role models, I’m a parent and it’s my responsibility to let my boy know what’s good and...
Who cares what they do... and they are not role models, I’m a parent and it’s my responsibility to let my boy know what’s good and bad not a professional athlete.
Exactly.

Let em juice. End of the day the best rider/racer will still win.

Btw is there any testing at Amateur level??? Also didnt some say there is no testing in 250 sx?
billyp330
6/7/2018 5:45am
motokiwi wrote:
Everyone loves RC - and he definitely used everything that was available at the time.
Prove it
billyp330
6/7/2018 5:53am
plowboy wrote:
I stopped watching stick/ball sports because of this kind of thing. I'd hate to give up watching MX because I thought the win went to the...
I stopped watching stick/ball sports because of this kind of thing. I'd hate to give up watching MX because I thought the win went to the best cheater. Even if they did away with testing and it was anything goes...you can have it.
with that logic then you mind as well give up on mx now as there very well could be guys doping and are just really good at not getting caught. If there are no rules on it then they just wont be consider cheaters and we wont have to lose athletes to dumb suspensions.

Btw for the ppl crying about the privateers not being able to afford the best stuff like factory guys, consider this. Its more expensive to hide the use of PEDs then it is to just take them so wouldnt the rules being what they are actually make it worse for privateers as for all we know there are top guys taking stuff? IDK if there are any guys doing stuff or not, just stating another perspective on it with an open mind.
ando
6/7/2018 7:11am
bvm111 wrote:
Who cares what they do... and they are not role models, I’m a parent and it’s my responsibility to let my boy know what’s good and...
So your child shows promise as a potential pro motocross racer. You invest time and money into their development and they win enough as an amateur to progress to a pro career, and maybe even become a national level rider. Your child gets some interest and maybe even ride offers from satellite pro teams, who all ask, among other things, what PED program you are on, and if not on one, that it’s a requirement for their team.

At this stage the kid is what, 16 or 17, and you realise that the only way to remain competitive at the next level in terms of fitness/strength etc is to begin a systematic drug/doping program. You’re ok with that?
billyp330
6/7/2018 7:45am
bvm111 wrote:
ando wrote:
So your child shows promise as a potential pro motocross racer. You invest time and money into their development and they win enough as an amateur...
So your child shows promise as a potential pro motocross racer. You invest time and money into their development and they win enough as an amateur to progress to a pro career, and maybe even become a national level rider. Your child gets some interest and maybe even ride offers from satellite pro teams, who all ask, among other things, what PED program you are on, and if not on one, that it’s a requirement for their team.

At this stage the kid is what, 16 or 17, and you realise that the only way to remain competitive at the next level in terms of fitness/strength etc is to begin a systematic drug/doping program. You’re ok with that?
I would if i carefully studied it and asked doctors about it to make sure its deemed safe. If it wasn't safe then the team wouldnt want to do it either as they don't want their top up and coming rider to be unhealthy or worse die on them and then the team loses their investment.

Also, if it wasnt safe and the team still required it, I'd have no issue telling the team to f off and just privateer it if no other options are available. Time and money invested in your kids never goes to waste as long as you enjoy that time together. Money means nothing.

That argument can also be used against racing moto at all, as moto is dangerous.

As a parent, the only real goal is to make sure that your children are happy and enjoy their life as much, or better yet, even more then what you are and do. Nothing else matters. I'd rather have short life full of happiness, then live forever hating life.
Donovan759
6/7/2018 7:49am
bvm111 wrote:
ando wrote:
So your child shows promise as a potential pro motocross racer. You invest time and money into their development and they win enough as an amateur...

billyp330 wrote:
I would if i carefully studied it and asked doctors about it to make sure its deemed safe. If it wasn't safe then the team wouldnt...
I would if i carefully studied it and asked doctors about it to make sure its deemed safe. If it wasn't safe then the team wouldnt want to do it either as they don't want their top up and coming rider to be unhealthy or worse die on them and then the team loses their investment.

Also, if it wasnt safe and the team still required it, I'd have no issue telling the team to f off and just privateer it if no other options are available. Time and money invested in your kids never goes to waste as long as you enjoy that time together. Money means nothing.

That argument can also be used against racing moto at all, as moto is dangerous.

As a parent, the only real goal is to make sure that your children are happy and enjoy their life as much, or better yet, even more then what you are and do. Nothing else matters. I'd rather have short life full of happiness, then live forever hating life.
apples and oranges man.. you're really out there on this one.
billyp330
6/7/2018 7:56am
ando wrote:

billyp330 wrote:
I would if i carefully studied it and asked doctors about it to make sure its deemed safe. If it wasn't safe then the team wouldnt...

Donovan759 wrote:
apples and oranges man.. you're really out there on this one.
Please explain the difference

Post a reply to: Would you care if they would race doped?

The Latest