Would you care if they would race doped?

Donovan759
6/7/2018 8:00am
billyp330 wrote:
I would if i carefully studied it and asked doctors about it to make sure its deemed safe. If it wasn't safe then the team wouldnt...
I would if i carefully studied it and asked doctors about it to make sure its deemed safe. If it wasn't safe then the team wouldnt want to do it either as they don't want their top up and coming rider to be unhealthy or worse die on them and then the team loses their investment.

Also, if it wasnt safe and the team still required it, I'd have no issue telling the team to f off and just privateer it if no other options are available. Time and money invested in your kids never goes to waste as long as you enjoy that time together. Money means nothing.

That argument can also be used against racing moto at all, as moto is dangerous.

As a parent, the only real goal is to make sure that your children are happy and enjoy their life as much, or better yet, even more then what you are and do. Nothing else matters. I'd rather have short life full of happiness, then live forever hating life.
Donovan759 wrote:
apples and oranges man.. you're really out there on this one.
billyp330 wrote:
Please explain the difference
between moto and drugs?

Okay.

Moto: Hobby. You take the chance of harming your body.

Drugs: Not a hobby. They are harmful to your body.
billyp330
6/7/2018 8:09am Edited Date/Time 6/7/2018 8:10am
Donovan759 wrote:
apples and oranges man.. you're really out there on this one.
billyp330 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
between moto and drugs?

Okay.

By drugs i think you mean PEDs which are designed for the sole purpose of helping and improving your body, but do still have a chance of harming your body. So really the breakdown is this:

Moto: Take the chance of harming your body for the amazing high you get while riding and racing.

PEDs: Take a chance of harming your body for the ultimate high you get while being the very best you can be while riding and racing.

assuming PEDs actually improve your riding.
gt80rider
6/7/2018 8:15am
No on doping, yes on LIMITED testing. Test for the top 50 enhancing (and hard drugs like blow) drugs and let it be.
Donovan759
6/7/2018 8:19am
billyp330 wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
between moto and drugs?

Okay.

billyp330 wrote:
By drugs i think you mean PEDs which are designed for the sole purpose of helping and improving your body, but do still have a chance...
By drugs i think you mean PEDs which are designed for the sole purpose of helping and improving your body, but do still have a chance of harming your body. So really the breakdown is this:

Moto: Take the chance of harming your body for the amazing high you get while riding and racing.

PEDs: Take a chance of harming your body for the ultimate high you get while being the very best you can be while riding and racing.

Yes.. By "Drugs" I mean PED's or "Performance Enhancing Drugs". It seems like your confused on what that stands for.

Shoot up and send it billybro.

The Shop

billyp330
6/7/2018 8:30am
Donovan759 wrote:
between moto and drugs?

Okay.

billyp330 wrote:
By drugs i think you mean PEDs which are designed for the sole purpose of helping and improving your body, but do still have a chance...

Donovan759 wrote:
Yes.. By "Drugs" I mean PED's or "Performance Enhancing Drugs". It seems like your confused on what that stands for. Shoot up and send it billybro...
Yes.. By "Drugs" I mean PED's or "Performance Enhancing Drugs". It seems like your confused on what that stands for.

Please reread my post and then you'll understand what they stand for and the whole reason why they exist in the first place. Your logic is skewed by your irrational belief that "Drugs" are bad no matter what the drugs are. And for the record i dont take any drugs at all. I just dont have any desire to be out of my mind high and i like the challenge of pushing my body to its own limits in my own natural way. In other words i dont feel a need for any enhancements as im happy so far with everything. If one day i decide i wanna push further for any reason then its my choice to weigh the risk/reward and decide.

LOL not a good look for me
Donovan759
6/7/2018 8:37am
billyp330 wrote:

Donovan759 wrote:
Yes.. By "Drugs" I mean PED's or "Performance Enhancing Drugs". It seems like your confused on what that stands for. Shoot up and send it billybro...

billyp330 wrote:
Please reread my post and then you'll understand what they stand for and the whole reason why they exist in the first place. Your logic is...
Please reread my post and then you'll understand what they stand for and the whole reason why they exist in the first place. Your logic is skewed by your irrational belief that "Drugs" are bad no matter what the drugs are. And for the record i dont take any drugs at all. I just dont have any desire to be out of my mind high and i like the challenge of pushing my body to its own limits in my own natural way. In other words i dont feel a need for any enhancements as im happy so far with everything. If one day i decide i wanna push further for any reason then its my choice to weigh the risk/reward and decide.

LOL not a good look for me
I honestly did read it thoroughly and I do understand your thought process & where you're coming from. I guess I just disagree with your logic on the topic.

Also, I agree. Bad look for you. Stay off the roids bro. Laughing
peelout
6/7/2018 8:43am
let them all do it and the best will still win. look at Armstrong.
loftyair
6/7/2018 10:46am
I believe if its found naturally, it should be legal, whether classified as a drug or not. Caffeine, psilosybin, the 'coca' leaf, its all 'natural'. LSD and other 'drugs' (ped's), made by humans in a lab? Not natural, therefore banned!
billyp330
6/7/2018 10:47am
peelout wrote:
let them all do it and the best will still win. look at Armstrong.
x2
MXMattii
4/11/2019 3:33pm
If I see these results from this poll, I can't wrap my head around the fact that so much of you are going along with the "Blame the FIM" game.

About Anthony West, he should've checked WADA they do the drug test for the FIM and are always up to date. Then he would've knew that his pre-work-out drink wasn't legal and there wouldn't be any problem. A. West blames his sis, the FIM for the website not being up-to-date. But he could've found the rules if he wanted.

About Broc Tickle, he checked positive for the same product then Anthony West, so the chances are that both used a pre-work-out drink or some other product from a firm that uses "5-methylhexan-2-amine" as energy booster. And for a professional athlete drinking a pro work out or something that you aren't sure about isn't always smart.

A theory I have is that he knew that 5-methylhexan-2-amine was legal on "non game days". So that he used 5-methylhexan-2-amine as energy booster to come through the hard training days with Aldon. But that due to a illness the 5-methylhexan-2-amine from the trainings week stayed in his system till his Saturday evening. Using it as extra help on training days isn't illegal. Like you can read on the link I embedded. Just search: 5-methylhexan-2-amine.

So instead of saying: I didn't used it, he could say I used it as extra energy booster because training with Aldon wrecked me. And then go on a search with some medics and his lawyers what illnesses slowdown your kidney and liver function.

Now the thing were we CAN BLAME the FIM! They should've handled all this cases already a long time ago, and not WADA but the FIM should do, or help WADA in doing the sentencing. Because like already said by others here, we aren't a Olympic sport so 4 years isn't really based on something in our sport.
rmoto003
4/11/2019 4:27pm
Donovan759 wrote:
between moto and drugs?

Okay.

what do you count as a drug? Aspirin is a drug. Caffine is a drug.

Where does your definition end? When it becomes illegal? Well, that is also just an arbitrary classification that could change in the future. Technically, at one point in history, heroin was perfectly legal.

Half the crap on the banned substance list isnt actually some major performance enhancer. Ibueprofen isnt going to give me the same advantages as sticking a needle full of EPO into my butt, yet they are both illegal.

Its naive to think that the world is a static entity and that our knowledge of science/athletic performance wont increase to where we know that certain substances arent actually bad for you in the long term. I mean, it wasnt until the last decade or so that we realized concussions are reeaaallllyyy bad for you. We used to brush those off as a simple knock on the head.
sandtrack315
4/11/2019 5:09pm
EPO should definitely be banned. It’s dangerous and would put any rider at a serious advantage, especially outdoors.

JS7 being banned for adderal was stupid.
Tbteam
4/11/2019 6:48pm
GuyB wrote:
We need to start a poll school.
I came here for the “Yes” “No” option.
4/12/2019 2:42am
MXMattii wrote:
What if in a delusional, parallel universe MXSports and FELD comes together tomorrow and they choose to drop the USADA and WADA tests. Also they choose...
What if in a delusional, parallel universe MXSports and FELD comes together tomorrow and they choose to drop the USADA and WADA tests. Also they choose to replace them with nothing, and let racers do and take whatever they want. How would you feel about it? Knowing that getting supported by medics and trainers who know how it works cost lots of money.

I mean about doped everything between: PED and Blood transfusions, IV's to Testosterone.
I think my biggest concern is that people like you are allowed to start a poll about shit...
MXMattii
4/12/2019 7:01am
BigMunster wrote:
I think my biggest concern is that people like you are allowed to start a poll about shit...
Explain how talking about doping is shit...
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
4/12/2019 5:05pm
I voted "other".

In a professional sport, I don't give half a shit if someone uses PEDs. They know the risks involved and its their health/life they are potentially putting at risk.
Dropbear
4/12/2019 5:07pm
They have a stock and modified class for bikes, why not a stock and modified class for riders too?
Crush
4/12/2019 7:15pm
Anything that might force young kids to feel pressure or worse the parents to pressure their kids to take something to be competitive is a horrible idea.

You’ve already got families mortgaging everything for a ridiculous shot at a ridiculous sport with so little chance of real sustained success even if you “make it”, you think they wouldn’t be tempted to jab little Johnny with the juice? Fuck that.
APLMAN99
4/12/2019 9:32pm
roninho wrote:
Banning iv's is stupid? Either you use an iv with medical reason (dehydration) and in that case you are not alowed to race again that day...
Banning iv's is stupid?

Either you use an iv with medical reason (dehydration) and in that case you are not alowed to race again that day. Because it is simply unsafe after dehydration.

Or you use an iv without medical reason and race. in that case its banned because an iv actually has a substantial performance impact.
Gus wrote:
This....Believe it. Running in 1-2 liters of fluid with some IV vitamins while waiting for moto 2 on a 100 degree day would be HUGE....now back...
This....Believe it. Running in 1-2 liters of fluid with some IV vitamins while waiting for moto 2 on a 100 degree day would be HUGE....now back to PEDs
I think that it'd be good for the sanctioning body to provide IV hydration at any race where the heat index is above a certain level. Make it uniform, and make it free, so no one is at any disadvantage or gets something "extra". It'd be a great step towards being proactive in dealing with heat stress issues.

As for PEDs, I think that the "banned" list should be products that have significant health risks, not just anything that makes you perform better. To me, the reason for banning a substance should be because you don't want others to have to risk shortening their lives simply because one of the competitors is willing to in order to win. As someone said earlier, there are already plenty of risks in racing without subjecting the riders to more of them.
Jerkolantern
4/13/2019 12:02am
Let em smoke the chronic. Your all bitching about the speeds being too fast. They'll all be laughing and pitting for a dew from cotton mouth then going out scared to go over 10-15 mph.....
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
4/13/2019 12:44am
Policing drug use today seems to be sensitive enough to catch extremely low levels of use enough for riders to claim unintended contact through supplements ala Tickle.

It’s the penalty system that needs to be fixed. Quick fair adjudication enough to discourage cheats but not damage a career beyond reason.
CPR
4/13/2019 1:49am
Other: All of the above in the poll.

It's the judicial system that needs fixing,
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
4/13/2019 8:29am
PED, performance enhancing drug. That should be enough to stop the conversation there.

It is giving an advantage. Most of these things arent probably as safe as they are led to believe. Additionally, they are a quick fix, a shortcut, to be better while competing. The long term effects cant truly be judged for years.

Say they make them legal and the latest and greatest drug/supplement comes out, what happens when it costs too much that only the elite racers, say top 3 or top 5 can afford it? Then there is an even bigger advantage for those riders over other riders, not to mention privateers, that cant afford said PEDs.

I was raised to work hard for something if i wanted it. At what point in time did we decide that cheating and taking shortcut was acceptable? Probably when the pussification of Americs came along.

Billy, get a grip on reality. Or better yet, start taking allthese supplements and get back to us in 30 years and let us know how you are doing.
hillbilly
4/13/2019 3:56pm
Momma give me my medicine,

Momma give me my medicine,

Momma give me my medicine

THAT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE A TALL TREE!!!!

If I'd known of epo in 2000 I'd slammed it like a lance on alpduez just to race 40+ at LL

Post a reply to: Would you care if they would race doped?

The Latest