Would the sport be better if Red Bull were running the show?

Premixed112
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I was just thinking about it earlier. Red Bull seems to do a lot of things right and has a great professional image. For example, their media company does some incredible work. How much different do you guys think supercross would be If Red Bull were the title sponsor?
|
Swann
8/23/2017 11:10am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2017 11:11am
I'm willing to bet Redbull makes more money and gets better exposure with their overly-hyped, one-off exhibition events and individual sponsorships than they do being the title sponsor of an entire professional racing series.

Perhaps the value in title sponsorship has been diluted with the erosion of control over distribution channels. Perhaps title sponsorship shouldn't be the proxy for the success or failure of a series.
8/23/2017 11:50am
There is no real way of knowing but I do believe that supercross would be in better hands than they are now. However the thing we cant over look is that Red Bull could "run the show" but at the end of the day Feld still "owns the show".
Flatliner
8/23/2017 12:22pm
There is no real way of knowing but I do believe that supercross would be in better hands than they are now. However the thing we...
There is no real way of knowing but I do believe that supercross would be in better hands than they are now. However the thing we cant over look is that Red Bull could "run the show" but at the end of the day Feld still "owns the show".
In a way sure. A title sponsor definitely has pull. Via a series, or a team.
8/23/2017 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2017 2:25pm
There is no real way of knowing but I do believe that supercross would be in better hands than they are now. However the thing we...
Flatliner wrote:
In a way sure. A title sponsor definitely has pull. Via a series, or a team.
The real thing I had in mind with my comment was the financial side of things as far as how much of the money made from an event goes back into the sport (purse money for ALL riders, not just the guy who wins the race). So I think that Red Bull could do a great job of marketing the sport and building interest from outsiders who have maybe never really followed it before but I just don't know If it would really "help the state of the sport"... know what I mean? I think that no matter what they did for the sport I think it would be difficult for them (or anyone) to get Feld to reduce their own profits a bit for the greater good of fans and riders.

Just my $.02 the way im look at it

The Shop

jbomx363
8/23/2017 2:38pm
One would have to buy out FELD for SX to improve.. they don't do a horrible job.. but they, along with the AMA just screw the racers over is all. FIM screws up anything officiating wise. Other than that...whats to complain about? LOL
drt410
8/23/2017 3:04pm
In my opinion the worst thing going for the sport right now is the tv scheduling. Supercross on the east coast is over at 2am on a sunday night. People have work on monday thats ridiculous to have all the time. Not to mention they dont even show moto 1 anymore in motocross and then everythings spread around on different channels. The die hard fans like the people on here will jump through the hoops to find the races but were not adding anything new to the sport. The casual or new fan flipping through the channels at 8pm and coming across the races is where you get new fans. I remember Adam Cianciarulo said he got into motocross because his dad was going through the channels and came across supercross and he saw Jeremy McGrath for the first time. Many of my friends that dont ride still used to watch the races because they would find them on tv but they werent looking for them. You cant gain new fans the way they are doing it now its a joke. Then on top of that the series came to gillette stadium one year then the next year was gone and now its back. There needs to be SOME type of consistency with the tv sheduling its a joke right now.
8/23/2017 4:15pm
drt410 wrote:
In my opinion the worst thing going for the sport right now is the tv scheduling. Supercross on the east coast is over at 2am on...
In my opinion the worst thing going for the sport right now is the tv scheduling. Supercross on the east coast is over at 2am on a sunday night. People have work on monday thats ridiculous to have all the time. Not to mention they dont even show moto 1 anymore in motocross and then everythings spread around on different channels. The die hard fans like the people on here will jump through the hoops to find the races but were not adding anything new to the sport. The casual or new fan flipping through the channels at 8pm and coming across the races is where you get new fans. I remember Adam Cianciarulo said he got into motocross because his dad was going through the channels and came across supercross and he saw Jeremy McGrath for the first time. Many of my friends that dont ride still used to watch the races because they would find them on tv but they werent looking for them. You cant gain new fans the way they are doing it now its a joke. Then on top of that the series came to gillette stadium one year then the next year was gone and now its back. There needs to be SOME type of consistency with the tv sheduling its a joke right now.
Supercross is Saturday nights bro.. most don't work on Sundays. And when did they stop showing the first motos? As far as I'm aware they've all been on MavTV.

I'm also fairly certain Foxborough and East Rutherford will be every other year as they draw from the same places.

And the TV schedule isn't even bad, it's not hard at all to look 5 minutes before for the channel and go to it.
endurox
8/23/2017 4:39pm
Is Red Bull helping out with Jesse Nelson's medical bills?
4rings
8/23/2017 5:14pm
Supercross is Saturday nights bro.. most don't work on Sundays. And when did they stop showing the first motos? As far as I'm aware they've all...
Supercross is Saturday nights bro.. most don't work on Sundays. And when did they stop showing the first motos? As far as I'm aware they've all been on MavTV.

I'm also fairly certain Foxborough and East Rutherford will be every other year as they draw from the same places.

And the TV schedule isn't even bad, it's not hard at all to look 5 minutes before for the channel and go to it.
That go into early Sunday morning. Where do the 4 California races draw from?
drt410
8/23/2017 5:43pm
Sorry sat night but 2am isnt exactly where youre going to be picking up new fans.
montesagold
8/23/2017 7:01pm
interesting thought... I do appreciate their "image more than Monster's. Much more genuine and aesthetically pleasing but their is much more that needs to be done to improve the sport.
RCB33
Fantasy
118th
8/23/2017 7:34pm
Monster: Hot chicks, random edits, and the million dollar race.

Redbull:redbull.tv, red bulletin, and Fantastic journalism all around (mx nation series for example).

I know who seems more fit for expanding or at least covering this great sport in a professional manner, not to mention is better tasting, my vote goes to redbull
8/23/2017 7:42pm
Supercross is Saturday nights bro.. most don't work on Sundays. And when did they stop showing the first motos? As far as I'm aware they've all...

4rings wrote:
That go into early Sunday morning. Where do the 4 California races draw from?
I live on the east coast and have to be at work Monday morning too, never been an issue.

Where are most of the teams and companies that participate and pour money into the series located? Not anywhere near East Rutherford. It's important for them to have rounds in SoCal. Don't think I need to explain that..

Post a reply to: Would the sport be better if Red Bull were running the show?

The Latest