Would the real James Stewart please stand up.....

BAD10
Edited Date/Time 1/28/2012 6:46pm
|

The Shop

Cook441
1/28/2012 1:52pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2012 1:59pm
Will someone get that man a KX450
Why

I think Big James said it best when they moved from Kawi..."now we are finally on equal equipment"

If you watch that video above you will notice especially the older the vid that noone is scrubbing. James took Jeremy Mcgraths bmx stay low style and put it on steriods. That is why he was sooo much more faster. He would shave tenths off every jump and gain seconds. As he time went on guys would either have to learn to scrub the tenths and hope they had the corner speed or get out of his way..thats why RC would struggle w tenths on sx but eat him up outdoors- The guys he raced for the first 5 or 6 years had to learn scrubbing after turning pro...these new kids grew up perfecting it before pro and it is a way for them making the gap harder and harder if they have the corner speed..perfect example is trey canard (His scrubs could rival James) Kdub has even cmmented on how hard it for him to get his scrubs right and how they add up time wise-

So with that said... quit it with this kawi crap and also please don't discredit what these youngsters are doing..it's because of James that they ride that way no doubt....but there really isnt much more in the way of speed to squeeze out of these tracks IMO and to expect him to be 1-2second faster nowadays is a bit delusional.

https://youtu.be/BL-Tfyxc-_E
1/28/2012 1:58pm
I just want 259 back, the stylish cocky kid who was nuts and always had a smile on his face
ocscottie
1/28/2012 2:05pm
James and the whole team have a lot on their minds today, hopefully they can focus and pull off a big "W" for Tex. That would be an awesome tribute.
mxb2
1/28/2012 2:12pm
I just want 259 back, the stylish cocky kid who was nuts and always had a smile on his face
Yea 2008. whole different stewart in 2012
1/28/2012 2:21pm
I just want the james that likes to ride and goes outside, and does not make excused on why he does'nt.
BobbyM
1/28/2012 3:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2012 4:11pm
that's the problem...he thinks he's still on tv

and sad to say the real james stewart alledgedly strong armed feld into not mentioning even the FUCKING SLIGHTEST bit on his arrest and subsequent incarciration over his police imitation charges...not one fucking little bit of mention. remember that folks? only despain mentioned it and i bet dave never gets another interview with james ever again. chad reed also mentioned how james told feld not to mention it or "else". tyhat's a fucking baby ass move if you ask me and that sealed the deal for my thinking on james and his dad and "crew" btw...where is frenchie these days?
Hank_Thrill
1/28/2012 3:59pm
When he scrubs Henry's Hill in the beginning of that video it looked as if his front wheel clipped the top of the jump like Canard's at Washougal, just not as hard. I'm just typing this because I've seen that clip a hundred times (not to be confused with the 125cc '03 clip), and just now noticed it.
Hank_Thrill
1/28/2012 4:00pm
When he scrubs Henry's Hill in the beginning of that video it looked as if his front wheel clipped the top of the jump like Canard's...
When he scrubs Henry's Hill in the beginning of that video it looked as if his front wheel clipped the top of the jump like Canard's at Washougal, just not as hard. I'm just typing this because I've seen that clip a hundred times (not to be confused with the 125cc '03 clip), and just now noticed it.
Actually, I'm positive it does because you can see dirt spray off the top of the hill when the wheel hits.
mxb2
1/28/2012 4:00pm
BobbyM wrote:
that's the problem...he thinks he's still on tv and sad to say the real james stewart alledgedly strong armed feld into not mentioning even the FUCKING...

and sad to say the real james stewart alledgedly strong armed feld into not mentioning even the FUCKING SLIGHTEST bit on his arrest and subsequent incarciration over his police imitation charges...not one fucking little bit of mention. remember that folks? only despain mentioned it and i bet dave never gets another interview with james ever again. chad reed also mentioned how james told feld not to mention it or "else". tyhat's a fucking baby ass move if you ask me and that sealed the deal for my thinking on james and his dad and "crew" btw...where is frenchie these days?
He is, its called bloopers lol.
BobbyM
1/28/2012 4:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
crash and burn 2?

americas dumbest criminals 3?

and on and on....
mxb2
1/28/2012 4:14pm
mxb2 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
crash and burn 2?

and on and on....
And the great bubbas world lol.
BAD10
1/28/2012 4:16pm
That leap out of gravity cavity is insane!
1/28/2012 4:16pm
Will someone get that man a KX450
Cook441 wrote:
Why I think Big James said it best when they moved from Kawi..."now we are finally on equal equipment" If you watch that video above you...
Why

I think Big James said it best when they moved from Kawi..."now we are finally on equal equipment"

If you watch that video above you will notice especially the older the vid that noone is scrubbing. James took Jeremy Mcgraths bmx stay low style and put it on steriods. That is why he was sooo much more faster. He would shave tenths off every jump and gain seconds. As he time went on guys would either have to learn to scrub the tenths and hope they had the corner speed or get out of his way..thats why RC would struggle w tenths on sx but eat him up outdoors- The guys he raced for the first 5 or 6 years had to learn scrubbing after turning pro...these new kids grew up perfecting it before pro and it is a way for them making the gap harder and harder if they have the corner speed..perfect example is trey canard (His scrubs could rival James) Kdub has even cmmented on how hard it for him to get his scrubs right and how they add up time wise-

So with that said... quit it with this kawi crap and also please don't discredit what these youngsters are doing..it's because of James that they ride that way no doubt....but there really isnt much more in the way of speed to squeeze out of these tracks IMO and to expect him to be 1-2second faster nowadays is a bit delusional.

https://youtu.be/BL-Tfyxc-_E
tl;dr
Hut
1/28/2012 4:19pm
That slow-mo in the whoops at Daytona is badass. Hope he at least has a good race tonight given what he has gone through this week.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
1/28/2012 4:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
crash and burn 2?

and on and on....
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.
BobbyM
1/28/2012 4:29pm
now who's got the crash and burn video?
DV-67
1/28/2012 4:30pm
BobbyM wrote:
that's the problem...he thinks he's still on tv and sad to say the real james stewart alledgedly strong armed feld into not mentioning even the FUCKING...

kind of like how RC threatened to bail on the series after he used illegal fuel and got points taken away...................
willie838
1/28/2012 4:41pm
i miss dominant and untouchable james Sad

really want to see him get on top of the box soon. love him or hate him, everyone is talkin about him Smile
BESTY #72
1/28/2012 5:40pm
Fast, talented, winner, FOX, Kawi and 259.

Words that defined James at his peak. (other than 05-07 when Ricky owned him). He's nothing like what he wants to be called (fastest man on the planet.) I was confused why he labelled himself that a few years ago, especially considering he'd just spent 2/3 years of RC killing him? Now it's fact that he just isn't. It's like Anakin Skywalker. Made out to be the most powerful Jedi, but took the completely wrong path. James was said to be the fastest rider, but now struggles to come top 5.. (Don't like the comparisson. I don't like you!)

RC was the best, Everts behind him, McGrath behind him... And so on. Yeah James has accomplished a lot, but in comparison to what these guys did, he's nothing. Yeah, early career he did this and that. But now 7 years into his step to the 'premiere class' what's he done? 2 SX championships (FIM doesnt count, RC won the AMA that year), 1 National championship (fair enough he tied RC for 24-0). now what? 2 failed seasons, going on 3? Time to ditch and just leave us with the 04 season for memories.
1/28/2012 5:59pm
I can't even wrap my head around that shit.
My 2 favorites are the downhill at Budds heading toward the MXdN starting line fully scrubed (on a random prejump bump) and landing in those insane ruts (with RC)
AND the freeken Daytona whoops.
Are you kidding me.
SMITH201
1/28/2012 6:04pm
Someone get him off that blue pig! He would probably beat RV on his KX125! Wink
mxb2
1/28/2012 6:15pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Someone get him off that blue pig! He would probably beat RV on his KX125! Wink
Lay off the alcohol bro! lol.
MXMattii
1/28/2012 6:40pm
How different would Stewart be if he was still on a kawasaki....
He would be unbeatable but on Yamaha he's never been the old! CP377 told you guys! That bike sucked every where in the world besides Rinaldi there is no other team that get the bike 100%!

Post a reply to: Would the real James Stewart please stand up.....

The Latest